Opinion Give Dean Pay a contract next year

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Overachieving LOL
I’ll also put it this way
Unlike the Titans who have a better roster and they are under achieving
We on the other hand have the worst roster in the NRL.

If you want to put shit on incompetence in regards to coaching, take a look at the rosters the knights and dragons have and look at where they sit on the ladder.

Honestly if you think Pay is a shit coach based on what we have achieved last 2 years given the circumstances than you are a niff nuff

Just to add to this
If we allow Pay the opportunity to assemble a team and he fails like Brown at knights and Mary at Dragons
Then I will agree with the Pay hate.

Till that happens he is being unfairly treaded by a bunch of couch potatoes who will never achieve anything close to what Pay has achieved

Can you see how fucked up that is?
Or you too ignorant?

Last edited:

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thought he deserved next year to prove himself, after we get a few key signings before then. I believe he already has a contract for next year but not after that yet? For me to be happy with him id expect to at least be fringe 8 next year, and preferably in the 8
We will make the 8 next year

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I’ll also put it this way
Unlike the Titans who have a better roster and they are under achieving
We on the other hand have the worst roster in the NRL.

If you want to put shit on incompetence in regards to coaching, take a look at the rosters the knights and dragons have and look at where they sit on the ladder.

Honestly if you think Pay is a shit coach based on what we have achieved last 2 years given the circumstances than you are a niff nuff

Just to add to this
If we allow Pay the opportunity to assemble a team and he fails like Brown at knights and Mary at Dragons
Then I will agree with the Pay hate.

Till that happens he is being unfairly treaded by a bunch of couch potatoes who will never achieve anything close to what Pay has achieved

Can you see how fucked up that is?
Or you too ignorant?
Lol this is peak mediocrity right here, comparing us to the fucking Knights and Dragons. I don't give a fuck about the shit ***** Brown or Merry, and your shouldn't either.

You lot will continue to spin your shit excuses all day, but the simple fact is that the large majority of NRL teams are fucking shit right now and the gulf between them is nothing massive, a GOOD coach would close that gap with a strong philosophy and get the team to effectively work as a unit. And before you go there, no that doesn't mean we're a Premiership threat or even sitting in the 8 right now, it just means we would've had more quality performances while certain players would be a level or two above of where they are now.

Pay might not be a as bad as I and some are making out, but he's without a doubt not as good as some of you lot are making out. Right now at best he's an average coach among a lot of other average coaches, and this to me is not good enough for the Bulldogs. We're not the Knights, Dragons, Tigers, Parra, Titans, etc...we're the Bulldogs. Don't compare us to the trash that hasn't performed for a large period of time, because if you do that's where we will end up.

Also overachieving isn't sitting second last a month out from the seasons end after playing like shit for the majority of the season, overachieving would be sitting in the 8 right now. Your standards are slipping hard right now.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
o effectively work as a unit. And before you go there, no that doesn't mean we're a Premiership threat or even sitting in the 8 right now, it just means we would've had more quality performances while certain players would be a level or two above of where they are now.

Pay might not be a as bad as I and some are making out, but he's without a doubt not as good as some of you lot are making out. Right now at best he's an average coach among a lot of other average coaches, and this to me is not good enough for the Bulldogs. We're not the Knights, Dragons, Tigers, Parra, Titans, etc...we're the Bulldogs. Don't compare us to the trash that hasn't performed for a large period of time, because if you do that's where we will end up.

Also overachieving isn't sitting second last a month out from the seasons end after playing like shit for the majority of the season, overachieving would be sitting in the 8 right now. Your standards are slipping hard right now.
Lol this is peak mediocrity right here, comparing us to the fucking Knights and Dragons. I don't give a fuck about the shit ***** Brown or Merry, and your shouldn't either.

You lot will continue to spin your shit excuses all day, but the simple fact is that the large majority of NRL teams are fucking shit right now and the gulf between them is nothing massive, a GOOD coach would close that gap with a strong philo

You lot will continue to spin your shit excuses all day, but the simple fact is that the large majority of NRL teams are fucking shit right now and the gulf between them is nothing massive, a GOOD coach would close that gap with a strong philosophy and get the team to effectively work as a unit. And before you go there, no that doesn't mean we're a Premiership threat or even sitting in the 8 right now, it just means we would've had more quality performances while certain players would be a level or two above of where they are now.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

You hit the nail on the head in the middle section of this post

Pay is not as bad as you and others are making out

But I don’t see anyone singing him high praise though
Me included.

Don’t confuse what I am saying.

I am saying it’s unfair to write him off at this point in time as a coach.

He may end up being the flop you are all suggesting.

I highly doubt any coach would have achieved better results given the circumstances

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You hit the nail on the head in the middle section of this post

Pay is not as bad as you and others are making out

But I don’t see anyone singing him high praise though
Me included.

Don’t confuse what I am saying.

I am saying it’s unfair to write him off at this point in time as a coach.

He may end up being the flop you are all suggesting.

I highly doubt any coach would have achieved better results given the circumstances
I don't think it's unfair to write him off at this stage, he has been given an opportunity that 99.99% of people will never get and he has already been here for two seasons and will see out a third one. This is our most unsuccessful period of time for decades, I'm not going to sit around and hope that things will get better when this, that or whatever else falls into place...I'll judge Pay on what he does right now and right now he fills me with absolutely no confidence, especially if he continues to make crazy calls like dropping Cogger when he finally hits some form and is probably the only bloke capable of playing as a halfback for us right now.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Interestingly General Patten asked his followers on IG to ask him anything about the Bulldogs. Found these 2 answers interesting:

Any reason why you're not involved with the Bulldogs anymore? Eg. Coaching

I've tried to get involved a couple of times as I think I have a bit to offer the back 5 and also the understanding the rules to your advantage. No interest from the club.

Do you believe the current administration and coaching are the right people for the job?

Short answer is no.
Very interesting is there a fallout between general and Anderson?

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Roster aside (since the Pay fan boys hang their hat on this)

Defence ( majority of season) disgraceful

Attack mediocre/ I don’t care if he has Park footy players because there is no shape whatsoever

People act like he inherited part timers , mate they are fkn professional athletes!!

Our fitness is the worst I have seen in years we literally have only just caught up in the last few weeks with other teams instead of beginning the season fit (like other teams)

Selections are a crapshoot methodology

Substitutions are pre meditated and not ‘in game feel/reality’

End of the day I don’t want Pay long term

He can coach next year then lapse his contract and get in a more capable coach that doesn’t promise ‘madness and eyes up ‘ and delivers shit sandwiches all round washed down with freshly squeezed lemon juice

big dash

New Pup
Reaction score
Not arguing mate. If he gets a quality side under him he'd have a better chance, its just whether he picks the right side.

For us to get these quality signings we need a solid & stable Coaching staff not one that could possibly change from year to year.

A call needs to be made on the Coach ASAP for the next few years, whether its Pay or not. Its Critical to 2021 "War Chest" is used right

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The best thing to happen to the Dogs was by not getting Holbrook.
He may be a good coach, but he would want to develop his own team.
That would put the development process back by several more years.
Pay has made significant progress in extremely difficult times and I think the progress is promising.
The rebuild is not complete as yet. Theres more to go, and theres more to come.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The best thing to happen to the Dogs was by not getting Holbrook.
He may be a good coach, but he would want to develop his own team.
That would put the development process back by several more years.
Pay has made significant progress in extremely difficult times and I think the progress is promising.
The rebuild is not complete as yet. Theres more to go, and theres more to come.
How can you say that about Holbrook?

Almost the whole team, bar 6-7 players arw off contract in 2021.

The perfect timing to assemble a team for a new innovative coach!

Progress? You have to be joking surely.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay is the man...I’m so happy for him. This side is definitely building nicely under him. I had my doubts but all forgiven...sign Pay

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The key to him continuing as coach will be the first 10 rounds next season. Personally I don't think he's the answer but happy to be proven wrong.

We have signed players with hopefully more to come, we will be in a stronger position next year.

If he starts by winning a few games in the first 10 rounds that can't be allowed to happen 3 years in a row.

Don't care about what happens after we are out of finals contention at the end of seasons.

Spudowsky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Credit where credits due. I don't think there's any other coach in the comp that gets our roster in the top 8. The attitude he has instilled in our team over the last month has shown in our defence.

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been critical of Pay but he's clearly doing something right... Forans post match interview in regards to Pay was very reassuring too... let the man see out his contract and then re-assess 2021 from Round 10 next season.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
You Sir, Have Balls of Steel posting that here hahaha. Good Luck :-)
#DeanPay2moreyears. The way Deano has our boys firing....anything is possible. The squad are busting their asses week in week out for the coach. If only the rugby league illiterates on here knew what Pay has brought to our Club like the roster does then Pay would be up for coach of the year...not that dope over at Manly.
#PaymakingDogsGreatAgain