George Coorey standing up for the boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
What did you not like about his comment? The truth?
Everything he messaged was truth and fact.
No it’s not the quote it’s the fact he is texting Rothfeild! There’s plenty of better ways to go about it then give this scum bag the time of day to fill his column with.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Thought it was George Clooney tbh.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If Coorey feels that strongly about it I think there’s plenty of better ways to attack the situation then to send a text like that to Rothfield.
They need to get the players association standing up for them as their representative body and use their power and influence against Newscorp.

Nothing going to change, and probably get worse (see content of womens mags and reality tv now) until the players and clubs unite against the ridiculous beat ups and sensationalism.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
No it’s not the quote it’s the fact he is texting Rothfeild! There’s plenty of better ways to go about it then give this scum bag the time of day to fill his column with.
Why any self respecting club official or player talks to him or any of those trash journalists is a mystery.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
That’s why I think it’s dumb engaging Rothfield like this. Coorey was pretty naive to think that there wasn’t a chance Rothfeild would publish it.
Maybe that's the idea though... SMS Rothfield, knowing that Rothfield will publish it.

In doing so showing that "the board" infact are backing the players (or at least some of them aka Coorey).

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe that's the idea though... SMS Rothfield, knowing that Rothfield will publish it.

In doing so showing that "the board" infact are backing the players (or at least some of them aka Coorey).
I think you’re reading way too much into it..why not just come out an say it rather then play right into Rothfeilds hands?

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem is the people who have issues with the Guys getting naked are the same ones who’d have issues with the nrl being involved in Mardi Gras. Let the boys get drunk and naked! It’s basically a footy tradition

A

Alexander the Great

The problem is the people who have issues with the Guys getting naked are the same ones who’d have issues with the nrl being involved in Mardi Gras. Let the boys get drunk and naked! It’s basically a footy tradition
Wait isn't this Journo a homosexual?
If so will he be doing a article about the Madri gras culture?

I have nothing against the LGBT community btw.

Glass house.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I think you’re reading way too much into it..why not just come out an say it rather then play right into Rothfeilds hands?
That would require Coorey going through and official conduit at the club.

This way the fans know he backs the playrs, without using any official club media links to say so.

jshellshear

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The tele got it wrong. Those words were not from Coorey - they are a direct quote from a guy on a secret page on Facebook that I am a part of. He was absolutely gobsmacked that the words were attributed to Coorey. Perhaps Coorey just copy paste them as an example of a fan's view but they WERE NOT written by him. They appeared as a post 2 to 3 days ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.