Georgallis and rest of 2020

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
ALL we been talking about is Pay this amd Pay that and who is going to be our next coach.

My question is, what is georgallis going to do for the rest of 2020. Will he make mass changes. Will he change our point of attack. Will the incoming coach direct Georgallis etc etc

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Doubt too much will change given the injuries to the team he’s pretty limited in what he can do. Georgallis has experience at taking over mid season he did it at Penrith years ago so at least he will know what to expect.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Unfortunately the roster is so decimated right now there are very few changes he can make.

Renouf, Elliott, Hoppa are all injured. Averillo and Smith are out also.

He should move DWZ from fullback to wing. Put Meaney at fullback for now and hopefully Averillo there once he comes back.

Napa should be on the bench at best. Renouf could have started if not injured but put Sue there instead.. Or start Thompson at prop with Jackson at lock.. He should play Harper over Montoya or Holland... Either way getting a win in the next few weeks will be tough.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me if he is just a puppet and fuck all changes.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I really can't see him making any changes the day the coach quits.

I have very little hope for 2020. I think we'll get worse.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Doubt too much will change given the injuries to the team he’s pretty limited in what he can do. Georgallis has experience at taking over mid season he did it at Penrith years ago so at least he will know what to expect.
I forgot about that, how did he go? That was even griffin was sacked wasnt it?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I forgot about that, how did he go? That was even griffin was sacked wasnt it?
It was all the way back in 2011 so maybe it was when Matthew Elliott got punted at Penrith. He ended with 4 wins from 11 games.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The attacks not going to improve until we have quality, attacking, creative players amongst the roster.

There’a only a very limited amount a coach can do with the cattle currently available.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He will bring Lewis back, true story

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
ALL we been talking about is Pay this amd Pay that and who is going to be our next coach.

My question is, what is georgallis going to do for the rest of 2020. Will he make mass changes. Will he change our point of attack. Will the incoming coach direct Georgallis etc etc
I'll be happy to avoid the wooden spoon TBH

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
With georgallis as interim head coach, I’m hopeful he can pick the right players in the right positions.
Don’t know much about him or his footy knowledge. Anyone have any insight on what his like?
Interesting to see what the team list will look like this afternoon.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Who gives a fuck

2020 is a write off

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Isn't Georgallis currently responsible for our attack and attacking structure? Hopefully he can at least pick players in their positions that in itself will be an improvement on Pay. If CHN, Averillo, Smith & Lafai are available in the next week or two hopefully we see some improvement. I hope Renouf isn't out for too long. We need him.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
1. Meaney
2. Dwz
3. Montoya
4. Lafai
5. Crighton
That’s literally the best we can do atm. Not looking good

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Unfortunately the roster is so decimated right now there are very few changes he can make.

Renouf, Elliott, Hoppa are all injured. Averillo and Smith are out also.

He should move DWZ from fullback to wing. Put Meaney at fullback for now and hopefully Averillo there once he comes back.

Napa should be on the bench at best. Renouf could have started if not injured but put Sue there instead.. Or start Thompson at prop with Jackson at lock.. He should play Harper over Montoya or Holland... Either way getting a win in the next few weeks will be tough.
Harper is gonski

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know what to make of Georgallis. He obviously did well getting the Cup team to a premiership and I remember he was well regarded even before that. If he was 100% in charge of the direction of our attack that's a worry. But at least he knew Lewis wasn't a half and played him elsewhere

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't expect to see many changes this week but very interested to see next week. There are still positional changes that can be made which would improve the team.

Dapper Dog

Deitz-ciple
Reaction score
He will bring Lewis back, true story
Georgallis favoured Lewis as a centre though, right?

Not saying he'd be our best option at centre currently, but excluding other better positional changes, he would likely offer more as a centre than Montoya/Smith, no?

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The attacks not going to improve until we have quality, attacking, creative players amongst the roster.

There’a only a very limited amount a coach can do with the cattle currently available.
foran and wakeham can attack, we played old style footy with too much out the back shit. Lets hope he strips it back bare and we just play what is in front of us.