News Geoff Robinson - time to help out

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
I work with one of Robbo's family members and, with the family members permission, thought I would share this.

“To all the Canterbury Bulldogs or sporting fans in general, Geoff Robinson is currently battling Cancer and the Robinson family are encouraging fans to send messages to give him the extra support to help him keep fighting. Geoff was always a fan favourite and loved getting involved in the community. If you wish to send him a message please do so on geoff.robbo1@outlook.com. Have a great day.”

I'd encourage everyone to send him a message to let him know he will always be part of the B&W family and that we're all there with him as he fights the big fight.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
For those too young to have been on the Belmore hill during the Robbo years it is difficult to explain how his running impacted the crowd. Whether it was in third grade, reserve grade or first grade - his super aggressive running lifted the crowd like no other player since - the hair the aggression opposition defenders flying in all directions and the fact he was a local - there have been plent of better players since but none have had that intensity of fan connection

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Awesome idea.
The first home game of next season the club should sell Robbo wigs with all proceeds to go to his cancer treatment. The players should run out in them too
I reckon it will be better to sell long black hair wigs for fans to wear...
Hell I could do with one now most of my hair all disappeared :tearsofjoy:

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Robbo's playing style and toughness is what lured my dad to be a bulldog fanatic (he also copied his hair do lol ), which then rubbed off on me when i was a kid, so it's basically due to geoff that my family are bulldog tragics. My dad has since passed on a few years ago but I know he will be looking down on ya robbo. All the best champion and fight till the end.

Email sent

Last edited:

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those too young to have been on the Belmore hill during the Robbo years it is difficult to explain how his running impacted the crowd. Whether it was in third grade, reserve grade or first grade - his super aggressive running lifted the crowd like no other player since - the hair the aggression opposition defenders flying in all directions and the fact he was a local - there have been plent of better players since but none have had that intensity of fan connection
Too young myself but my dad used to talk about robbo all the time growing up would’ve loved to see him and all the other legends play back in the day

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
A tougher bugger you never meet. Was never the biggest but was tough as a rock.taught me life lessons on determination and toughness not only for football but also for life at times. Battle on like in his career and smash it
Email sent.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ahh johnies, I personally poured a few white heathers to bullfrog in my time.
Hang in there robbo!
I think this was pre johnies, had some terrible band that played the same songs each week