Genuine spine options for 2023

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our forward pack is the main issue at the moment. Gus needs to work his magic and get rid of 2 players in the 30 and bring in 2 props

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hoffman looked god awful. Why the fuck does he get a Top 30 over some bigger needs
We are scraping the bottom of the barrell of shit if we are honestly saying Hoffman should be called up lol

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
JR needs to be in, we got nothing left, at least he will along with Reed give passion an energy.. his on field presence is key to another seemingly atrocious year!!

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is everyone all of a sudden turning on Burton? Last year it was panic stations when he wasn’t signing, then when he signed everyone blew their load. One bad game and all of a sudden he’s a shit ****? Give the **** a break FFS. He’ll come good. Relax.
The only thing I'm dissappointed with Burto is the fact that he has droped his bundel, he was spoiled playing outside Cleary the very best 1/2 half in the NRL, to the very worst in the history of RL our gun.
It would have to be depresing for the even toughest, but he should still give his best.
Put anyone else at 1/2 (I mean anyone else even the kitchen sink) and he will be a very different player.
I'm also disappointed that CC and Don Gustavo haven't realised it yet.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JR needs to be in, we got nothing left, at least he will along with Reed give passion an energy.. his on field presence is key to another seemingly atrocious year!!
Agree and I would have Brown as replacement because I dont think JR can play the full 80 any more.

Bulldog Brower

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The only thing I'm dissappointed with Burto is the fact that he has droped his bundel, he was spoiled playing outside Cleary the very best 1/2 half in the NRL, to the very worst in the history of RL our gun.
It would have to be depresing for the even toughest, but he should still give his best.
Put anyone else at 1/2 (I mean anyone else even the kitchen sink) and he will be a very different player.
I'm also disappointed that CC and Don Gustavo haven't realised it yet.
I get your frustration but you would have to think that CC & Gus have realised it.

Judging from Gus's comments, they are playing the long game: too early to put one of the young halves in and maybe trying to do a deal in the background to bring in a decent half and just waiting for the Flange's contract to be finished. They might also realise that JR can't last a whole game and don't want to waste someone on the bench to replace him, especially with the need to cover our weakened forward pack.

I don't know what the current answer is but have hope thst CC & Gus do.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I think only change in spine if make is Reynolds to 7. Just for experience sake. I feel Flanagan doesn’t have the respect of the team where Reynolds is like a God. Burton is either scared or he’s taking the piss now he has the co captaincy and has his money. Idk but he needs to take control like Mahoney. He needs to honour being a captain. Not hide on the edge.
Not a grub fan but like you, I'd use him for his experience.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get your frustration but you would have to think that CC & Gus have realised it.

Judging from Gus's comments, they are playing the long game: too early to put one of the young halves in and maybe trying to do a deal in the background to bring in a decent half and just waiting for the Flange's contract to be finished. They might also realise that JR can't last a whole game and don't want to waste someone on the bench to replace him, especially with the need to cover our weakened forward pack.

I don't know what the current answer is but have hope thst CC & Gus do.
Don't know why we didn't get Hastings for a few years untill 1 off Rajab or Hayward developed, we hadn't signed OK at that time they all need time in the lower grades, then if 1 of the youngsters stepped up we would have had a ready made replacement.
I believe that Hastings (who IMO is a genuine paymaker) would have been the best foil for Burton in the League.

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If the kids in Reserves keep it up and the FG players keep struggling then maybe within a few more weeks when Ciraldo is ready to make massive changes hopefully we eventually end up looking like this..

1: Papalii
2: Skelton
3: Kiraz
4: Alamoti
5: Addo-Carr
6: Burton
7: Oloapu
That’s what I would have but with Skelton centre inside fox with alamoti on the right with kiraz outside him.