Gender removed from Queensland driver’s license

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Bro yet again the reason why is a moronic issue.
I can look at the majority of the population and identity their gender and there will also be some moron who probably has or will scream discrimination when an officer pulls someone over looks at their beard and says excuse me sir ..
Im not a male im blah blah blah and you have to respect that.
keep the lunatics running the asylum and see where we get.
I'm not arguing either way southy. Either way I see it as a non issue.

I'm pointing out that they've removed a non issue and people are getting upset at the removal of a non issue.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Wasting more taxpayers money administering to the wants of the few rather than the needs of the many
How much money is going to be wasted on this?

They're not going to replace every single license overnight. When it comes to renewing your license, they'll get a new license without gender. If anything saves on ink.

Again it's a non issue

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hello, Queensland resident here.

Change happened over a year ago (well before the SSM survey etc), and nobody noticed and/or cared. Residents of other states appear to be doing ok too.

The courier fail tried to make a front page story out of it yesterday, and most people still just shrugged their shoulders (and this is from a state often seen as backward/redneck).

I will say that the reasoning for the change was silly, but those being outraged, offended and clutching their pearls at the slippery slope of moral decay are the ones that need to find the nearest cup of concrete...

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Gender on license...
Australia - not really required.
Thailand - abso-bloody-lutely.
Actually, curiosity caused me to pull out Mrs CD's Thai drivers licence (man do I wished she still looked like that, but I digress).

Gender doesn't seem to be specifically listed, but it does list her as "Miss CD" in the name section, so, same thing I guess, and i'm now relieved that she is unlikely to be a ladyboy.

I'm a little surprised there is no specific gender listed, as they are big on bureaucracy there.

I've never seen a ladyboy's driver's licence (I guess it's never come up in conversation), but I will double check next time i'm over there.

Last edited:

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Whilst complaining about how over sensitive others are. That’s the funniest bit!
Read this article today and it covers this aspect of behaviour

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...vatives-james-damore-suing-google-intolerance

Damore is convinced that he lost his job because of what he thinks, rather than because of how he behaved, and that he is being punished by a culture of “political correctness”, which is what used to be called human decency.

There is a difference between discrimination on the basis of background and discrimination on the basis of behaviour. The former is a prejudice: literally, a pre-judgment, writing someone off before you’ve even met them. The latter is simply a judgment, and it’s not just alright to judge people on how they treat others – it’s admirable. Fairness and justice are not achieved by calculating the mean average of everyone’s opinion, whatever those opinions happen to be.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score

They're not going to replace every single license overnight. When it comes to renewing your license, they'll get a new license without gender. If anything saves on ink.

Again it's a non issue
I figured that would be the most logical, least expensive route to take but the administration cost is tied up in just how much time it has taken during parliamentary sittings to pass the legislation.

100's of thousands if not millions.

Then it will no doubt cost 10's of thousands (or more) for a politicians wealthy business freinds nephew to write a program that takes gender out of the system...Than the poorly written programming will inevitably crash having to be fixed at extra expense.

I know I know its a slippery slope arguement blah blah blah but the slippery slope is what lead to this thread.

There is a disproportionate focus on being a sanctimonious douche rather than affordable housing, living expenses, healthcare, infrastructure, schools etc.

#trickledownempathist

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score

Again it's a non issue
Same shit with councils all around Australia virtue signalling with their rainbows and balloons and flyers and shit.

Enough money wasnt wasted on the plebiscite so they decided that rate payers should foot the bill so that the privileged few can sit back on their high horse and get payed soft money for values..

Stick to mowing lawns and picking up my trash you *****

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Do any of you consider that you're over reacting?

I can see the point of having gender on licenses to aid police, before we had a massive government computer database that captures everyones details and now notes genders in some way shape or form.

But given that other states don't have gender on their licenses, why the blow up (I see as over reaction) that Qld have decided to remove it?
It's not that they are removing it, it's the reason WHY. Because a minority group cry foul and victim.

Does anyone here remember the tip of the iceberg I was telling everyone about in the SSM thread? Well... here we are!

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hello, Queensland resident here.

Change happened over a year ago (well before the SSM survey etc), and nobody noticed and/or cared. Residents of other states appear to be doing ok too.

The courier fail tried to make a front page story out of it yesterday, and most people still just shrugged their shoulders (and this is from a state often seen as backward/redneck).

I will say that the reasoning for the change was silly, but those being outraged, offended and clutching their pearls at the slippery slope of moral decay are the ones that need to find the nearest cup of concrete...
It’s funny how you claim the other side are offended when all this is happening from leftists being offended at everything. Do you see the glorious hypocritical irony right there?

Also what’s your point with it happening before the ssm vote? All this lgbtqi political leftist bullshit has been going on for almost a decade, so that’s quite an irrelevant remark wouldn’t you say? Unless you actually think lgbtqi politics only started over night with the ssm vote? If that’s the case then like have you been in Saudi Arabia the past decade?

So too conclude, you have no moral high ground especially when you’re ironically hypocritical, the change is dumb and dumb shit being changed for dumb reasons will obviously cause people to question. I think that’s a fair summary

But I get leftist sensationalist propagnda helps you feel empowered as a male not male female rainbow leprechaun.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I figured that would be the most logical, least expensive route to take but the administration cost is tied up in just how much time it has taken during parliamentary sittings to pass the legislation.

Then it will no doubt cost 10's of thousands (or more) for a politicians wealthy business freinds nephew to write a program that takes gender out of the system...Than the poorly written programming will inevitably crash having to be fixed at extra expense.

I know I know its a slippery slope arguement blah blah blah but the slippery slope is what lead to this thread.

There is a disproportionate focus on being a sanctimonious douche rather than affordable housing, living expenses, healthcare, infrastructure, schools etc.

#trickledownempathist
I would seriously doubt that it would have required any legislative change.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its not really about the other states that dont have it.its the reason why. Because it may be discriminatory!!! What a load of shit if someone gets up in arms about having to identify what sex they are i would hate to see if they were faced with real problems. Ive never seen such a time where everyone is screaming to be treated so equally but yet segregating themselves so much.
Honestly people need to step the fuck back and be grateful they are just alive ,and can pretty much live a lifestyle they want without being jailed or executed for there beliefs.
You know what’s fucked up, politicians are legit acting and bending over to childish demands. Just shows how fucken weak our government is.
But I love how the left is trying to turn this around saying we’re the offended ones when this change is happening from the left being offended in the first fucken place lol, woahhhhhgh logic matters! I’m joking just black lives matter, you’re a racist

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Still a waste mate.

More important issues at hand atm.
You mean like cancer research? AIDS research? Peace in the Middle East? Peace in our own country? Helping he poor in own country?
How dare you! The 1% from the left need the utmost attention at all times or they will cause snowflake avalanches where everyone has too know how offended and how discriminating and bigoted and sexist and homophobic our society is. You need to accomodate all of the left and their needs and wants before any of the not so important highly affected majority compared the the leftists needs and wants. Which even if they want shit that’s not factual bypassed into law, then more power to them!
I’m just so filthyised with your comment. Pathetic.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Still a waste mate.

More important issues at hand atm.
Well I don't know how much it cost. I do agree with your second point, notwithstanding that:

- this change occurred over a year ago
- it is possible for the department of transport and main roads to change licences whilst other state government departments look after their responsibilities (like hospitals, police etc). It' the old "being able to walk and chew gun at the same time" analogy (probably being done poorly by me) :grinning:

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

#trickledownempathist
It's probably going to be a 30 minute parliamentary session and while I agree it's a waste of money, I hardly think this is the only issue that parliament wastes their time with. Not saying it's acceptable but it is part of the norm.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It's not that they are removing it, it's the reason WHY. Because a minority group cry foul and victim.

Does anyone here remember the tip of the iceberg I was telling everyone about in the SSM thread? Well... here we are!
This happened a year ago, what's it got to do with SSM?

I also guess you oppose the religious freedom investigation that phillip Ruddock is doing at the moment? As it only concerns a minority

Status
Not open for further replies.