• Too weak to have an opinion - sitting on the fence

Votes: 2 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems to be all the buzz nowadays, I am interested to see what your outlook on it.

If there was a vote tomorrow, what would yours say?

And what are your reasons?

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Don't have a problem with 2 guys or girls hooking up to spend there life together, i'm all for them to have the exact legal rights as a married couple. Marriage to me is between a man and woman. If they want to call there commitment something then just make another word for it. Marriage to me is word that describes the commitment between a man and woman.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Against. I don't hate gay people (except the ones who remind you they're gay every minute) and it's nothing to do with my religion. MARRIAGE, as Osterley mentioned, is supposed to be a bond between a man and a woman.

And the left want gay marriages so I'm automatically against it.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Against. I don't hate gay people (except the ones who remind you they're gay every minute) and it's nothing to do with my religion. MARRIAGE, as Osterley mentioned, is supposed to be a bond between a man and a woman.

And the left want gay marriages so I'm automatically against it.
Whoever you hate will end up in your family. You don't like gays? You're gonna have a gay son. You don't like Puerto Ricans? Your daughter's gonna come home with Livin' La Vida Loca!

bmw_s2000

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Against it. I see no rational reason to legalise gay marriage. It contradictis all societal norms and neglects the concept of "marriage". If we legalise gay marriage, could it not be a stepping stone to legalise beastialyy ? 50 years ago, if anyone preached the concept of legalizing homosexual activity, they would have been slandered. If in 50 years, this whole beastialty concept became prominent in the media, should we oblidge ? Off course not. Same concept, same idea.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Whoever you hate will end up in your family. You don't like gays? You're gonna have a gay son. You don't like Puerto Ricans? Your daughter's gonna come home with Livin' La Vida Loca!
That certainly explains a lot, TBH. I hated girls with green eyes, big racks, fine bootys and long black hair. :p

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
Don't have a problem with 2 guys or girls hooking up to spend there life together, i'm all for them to have the exact legal rights as a married couple. Marriage to me is between a man and woman. If they want to call there commitment something then just make another word for it. Marriage to me is word that describes the commitment between a man and woman.
totally agree

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
None for me thanks, I'm already married.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
It contradictis all societal norms and neglects the concept of "marriage".
What is "normal"? What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly..

For the record, I'm not gay but I'll support it. Not vehemently, but I'm not going to be up in arms about it etc

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I really feel this thread is missing some kind of "Gay Marriage pole" joke.

Stringer

CAR RAMROD
Reaction score
Perfect, this is exactly what I think.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think a common myth that needs to be dispelled is that every gay guy wants to have sex with every man. I think it's only us straight men who have the urge to fck every single female on this planet.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wait.. I think I've got it.

2 gay men walk into a bar... and live happily ever after.

Or is that 2 gay men walk into a pole.. that doesn't make sense. 2 Polish men walk into a gay bar?

.. I give up.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Gay people getting Married does not affect me in the slightest. Let them wed. Love is Love

Vargster

Moderfaker
Reaction score
Oh boy... this could get ugly.

As Osterley said, marriage has always been the commitment made between a man and a woman. This used to be a religious notion but has since become transformed into a political notion due to the rights and recognitions now associated with a married couple. As such I can understand the need (other than to profess one's love for another human being) to protect ones-self from a legal point of view. For example, to have the same rights during a break-up as a married couple would.

From a Christian point of view, to put it bluntly, same sex relationships are viewed as a sin. I know this isn't a popular opinion now days but there are a number of points in the bible (and no doubt other religious texts) that make non-believers and believers alike uncomfortable as it doesn't fit into 'their way of life'. This being said, it is impossible to live a sinless life regardless of your sexual orientation and all sin is viewed and erased equally through the sacrifice of Jesus, meaning I as a straight man cannot look at a gay man and proclaim that he is more sinful or less worthy of God's love than I.

Whether or not we allow gay marriage won't change the fact that there will still be people in same sex relationships. What it will do, though, is promote same sex relationships as something that is viewed as OK in our society and something that should be encouraged. If we look again at the notion of all sin being equal, this could be compared to legalising theft, or encouraging adultery. While theft and adultery are present in the lives of believers and non believers today, the government / society doesn't generally encourage these activities or make them out to be something that is acceptable.

It's hard to speak about the love of two people not being 'acceptable' the same way theft, murder, adultery etc. are but if sin is viewed equally then the comparison has to be made, even if it is an extremely unpopular opinion in modern day society.

When looking at this topic I do think that above all it is worth remembering that when Jesus was on this Earth he promoted, above almost everything else, the importance of loving one another regardless of who that person is. Many people who held highly regarded positions in the church at the time of Jesus questioned his association and interaction with the leper's, the poor, the prostitutes, the people that were looked down upon by society and those in the church. They couldn't believe that Jesus, the Son of God, would speak to, embrace or heal these 'unholy' and 'un-Godly' people.

I believe that if Jesus was on this earth today that he would continue this message and call all of us to love each other - both gay and straight - with all our hearts and to love them as equally as we love every other human in this world, regardless of their sexual orientation.

As I said at the beginning, all of what is said above is a Christian view. I understand a number of other religions would share similar views and that a number of people on this forum are from different religious background - as well as from no religious background what-so-ever. What I have written is not designed as an attack or to offend but to give a view that is rarely discussed openly in the media or in general conversation. I do believe that everyone should have equal rights when it comes to security and no one should be abused, bullied, hurt or otherwise for loving and being in a relationship with a same-sex partner. I don't think that the only way to achieve this, though, is through legalising gay marriage.

Stringer

CAR RAMROD
Reaction score
Didn't we have a thread like this a while back and someone get banned for posting of a video of a man fornicating with a donkey

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh boy... this could get ugly.

As Osterley said, marriage has always been the commitment made between a man and a woman. This used to be a religious notion but has since become transformed into a political notion due to the rights and recognitions now associated with a married couple. As such I can understand the need (other than to profess one's love for another human being) to protect ones-self from a legal point of view. For example, to have the same rights during a break-up as a married couple would.

From a Christian point of view, to put it bluntly, same sex relationships are viewed as a sin. I know this isn't a popular opinion now days but there are a number of points in the bible (and no doubt other religious texts) that make non-believers and believers alike uncomfortable as it doesn't fit into 'their way of life'. This being said, it is impossible to live a sinless life regardless of your sexual orientation and all sin is viewed and erased equally through the sacrifice of Jesus, meaning I as a straight man cannot look at a gay man and proclaim that he is more sinful or less worthy of God's love than I.

Whether or not we allow gay marriage won't change the fact that there will still be people in same sex relationships. What it will do, though, is promote same sex relationships as something that is viewed as OK in our society and something that should be encouraged. If we look again at the notion of all sin being equal, this could be compared to legalising theft, or encouraging adultery. While theft and adultery are present in the lives of believers and non believers today, the government / society doesn't generally encourage these activities or make them out to be something that is acceptable.

It's hard to speak about the love of two people not being 'acceptable' the same way theft, murder, adultery etc. are but if sin is viewed equally then the comparison has to be made, even if it is an extremely unpopular opinion in modern day society.

When looking at this topic I do think that above all it is worth remembering that when Jesus was on this Earth he promoted, above almost everything else, the importance of loving one another regardless of who that person is. Many people who held highly regarded positions in the church at the time of Jesus questioned his association and interaction with the leper's, the poor, the prostitutes, the people that were looked down upon by society and those in the church. They couldn't believe that Jesus, the Son of God, would speak to, embrace or heal these 'unholy' and 'un-Godly' people.

I believe that if Jesus was on this earth today that he would continue this message and call all of us to love each other - both gay and straight - with all our hearts and to love them as equally as we love every other human in this world, regardless of their sexual orientation.

As I said at the beginning, all of what is said above is a Christian view. I understand a number of other religions would share similar views and that a number of people on this forum are from different religious background - as well as from no religious background what-so-ever. What I have written is not designed as an attack or to offend but to give a view that is rarely discussed openly in the media or in general conversation. I do believe that everyone should have equal rights when it comes to security and no one should be abused, bullied, hurt or otherwise for loving and being in a relationship with a same-sex partner. I don't think that the only way to achieve this, though, is through legalising gay marriage.
That's the thing with religion. Most opinionated people who use religion against gay marriage have to pick the gay parts out of the bible and ignore the rest. The "God against same sex marriage" thing is from the Old Testament. The same Old Testament that says that a woman must be a virgin when she marries and if she's not she must be stoned to death.

Then you have to consider the form of marriage. Now days we call marriage a christian based union of two people but in other cultures a marriage is not considered to be Christian based.

TrickmA

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Gay people getting Married does not affect me in the slightest. Let them wed. Love is Love
I agree, people don't choose to be gay and they shouldn't be discriminated against as if they are criminals.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
in some country I heard they sew up a homo asshole and force feed them laxatives. is this extreme?

Status
Not open for further replies.