• Too weak to have an opinion - sitting on the fence

Votes: 2 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem with any religious reasoning is that not all people follow the same religion or any religion at all, so it is grossly unfair to impose the rules of a religion on someone who is not a follower.
Completely agree with this..

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's a Christian country. That's why Christmas and Easter are public holidays.
No, Australia doesn't have a state religion. This is specified in the constitution:

116. The Commonwealth shall not make any law for establishing any religion, or for imposing any religious observance, or for prohibiting the free exercise of any religion, and no religious test shall be required as a qualification for any office or public trust under the Commonwealth.
While many Australians may identify with being Christian, it doesn't mean the state itself is Christian. This is an important difference.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
What what the laws say and what governments actually do are 2 completely different things. If it wasn't a Christian country then why are only Christian holidays public holidays?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
So maybe legally we allow gay marriage, but we don't allow gay Christmas...

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So maybe legally we allow gay marriage, but we don't allow gay Christmas...

this gives me an idea, if gays tomorrow want to have a car designed specifically for gays?

they will have the driving seat right in the middle of the car where you usually have the hand brake......or may be they will leave the hand brake as is.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
this gives me an idea, if gays tomorrow want to have a car designed specifically for gays?

they will have the driving seat right in the middle of the car where you usually have the hand brake......or may be they will leave the hand brake as is.
Hah, just like tandem bike rides without the seats.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What what the laws say and what governments actually do are 2 completely different things. If it wasn't a Christian country then why are only Christian holidays public holidays?
Christmas and Easter are holidays in many non-christian countries e.g. New Zealand and a number of Scandinavian countries.

Australia is not a christian state, there is no state religion. It says this in the constitution. The constitution outlaws imposed religious observance. How is this not an indication of Australia NOT being a christian country?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't worry. If the white population ever becomes endangered, I will rise to the occasion.
Mow that we finally have gay marriage I will reiterate that if the population drops drastically 'cause of it, I will still rise to the occasion and help repopulate the planet.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Mow that we finally have gay marriage I will reiterate that if the population drops drastically 'cause of it, I will still rise to the occasion and help repopulate the planet.

to do what , produce more gays and lesbians?

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.