Gay marriage plebiscite - Result YES to SSM

Should the law be changed to allow same-sex couples to marry?

• Yes

• No

• Not Voting

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
But Britt came into this thread claiming he wanted civil discussion and that he was going to vote yes but he got turned off and now wants to vote no. Claiming the yes/"left" were violent, were uncivilized and were bullying people,
Yep this is a common issue seen in people from the left side of politics. They divide everyone up by something very shallow like race, gender or which gender they like to fk, and then they stereotype them into a group and apply particular judgments to that group.

"Oh he's black, he can't be racist and he's being victimised so we need to cut him slack"
"Oh, she voted for Hillary - therefore she's really smart and more moral than those that voted Trump"

and then "Oh he listens to Bolt and Abbott and agrees with some of their views on things - therefore he is immoral, bigoted and couldn't possibly have ever wanted to vote yes on SSM".

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Odd thing about that. I love comedy, but I hate most Jewish comedy because of Jerry Seinfeld. I don't know what it was but he just annoyed the hell out of me.

That said, my favourite comedian of all time is one of the most Jewish comedians ever. Mel Brookes. So I'm racially torn
I love Blazing Saddles and High Anxiety..two of my all time favourites..The brilliant theme song for Blazing Saddles was written by Brooks..they advertised for a person who sounded like Frankie Lane to sing it..he was the guy who sang all the 'serious' cowboy movie songs during the 50s and 60s..in the end Lane saw the ad contacted them..and said why get an impersonator when he'd be happy to do it himself!

As for High Anxiety..as you probably know it was a 'tribute' to Alfred Hitchcock's movies..who'll ever forget the paper scene in the shower.. After Hitchcock viewed it he sent a bottle of wine and a note to Brooks saying he absolutely loved it..he wasn't the only one!

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I stand by my point - introducing politics to rugby league will only serve to divide fans, and not bring them together.
I could make the same point about people's private lives. Introducing politics to people's private lives will only serve to divide people and not bring them together.....

Stop politicising this very human issue and respect people's right to live their own lives independently of your restrictive outlook.

The only reason this is a political issue is because of meddlers like yourselves who felt entitled to interfere with other people's lives.

Self appointed moral guardians of society...who needs 'em?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep this is a common issue seen in people from the left side of politics. They divide everyone up by something very shallow like race, gender or which gender they like to fk, and then they stereotype them into a group and apply particular judgments to that group.

"Oh he's black, he can't be racist and he's being victimised so we need to cut him slack"
"Oh, she voted for Hillary - therefore she's really smart and more moral than those that voted Trump"

and then "Oh he listens to Bolt and Abbott and agrees with some of their views on things - therefore he is immoral, bigoted and couldn't possibly have ever wanted to vote yes on SSM".
Not at all champ, not at all!!!!!

The FACT is that you came into this thread claiming something, from YOUR language I said BULLSHIT!!! And you eventually slipped up with your post above.

And no, no one here has said that you share the exact same views as Abbott or Bolt, but rather the evidence YOU used that came from a source of Bolt was attacked

Keep on deflecting as much as you want, everyone has seen the REAL REASON as to why you're voting No.

Just to make it clear Britt, IT'S YOUR WORDS THAT ARE IN CONTENTION. If you CHOOSE to use Bolt as a source of evidence for your stance, that STILL applies to you, because YOU'RE the one using Bolt as a source

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I could make the same point about people's private lives. Introducing politics to people's private lives will only serve to divide people and not bring them together.....

Stop politicising this very human issue and respect people's right to live their own lives independently of your restrictive outlook.

The only reason this is a political issue is because of meddlers like yourselves who felt entitled to interfere with other people's lives.

Self appointed moral guardians of society...who needs 'em?
17 million people voting on a survey to decide if a couple can marry = not poltical

A song at half time entertainment in a footy match = political

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
LOL... George is one of the biggest brown-nosing MPs in Federal Parliament today!
well regardless of what anyone thinks of George, you don't agree with his point? Macklemore was hired before this plebiscite started, he is singing one of his most popular songs that was released out here (i believe he is also singing 3 other of his 'hits' ). A lot of the no campaign has turned this into a freedom of speech battle, yet they are jumping up and down and wanting to deny someone their freedom of speech and control what people can and can't sing about.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
well regardless of what anyone thinks of George, you don't agree with his point? Macklemore was hired before this plebiscite started, he is singing one of his most popular songs that was released out here (i believe he is also singing 3 other of his 'hits' ). A lot of the no campaign has turned this into a freedom of speech battle, yet they are jumping up and down and wanting to deny someone their freedom of speech and control what people can and can't sing about.
It's not Freedom of Speech. He's performing a gay anthem. The NRL has brought PC into our game. We all saw how well that went down with AFL. Keep politics out of my game!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
17 million people voting on a survey to decide if a couple can marry = not poltical

A song at half time entertainment in a footy match = political
Exactly. I 'm tired of clowns who continuously and deliberately put their own political spin on numerous issues for their own cynical, self serving purposes, but cry political foul whenever someone raises a fucking humanitarian or civil rights issue. This tactic should be very transparent to anyone even casually acquainted with critical thought.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It's not Freedom of Speech. He's performing a gay anthem. The NRL has brought PC into our game. We all saw how well that went down with AFL. Keep politics out of my game!
I bet people like you were singing away to any of George Michaels songs until you found out they were all about his gay lovers

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Exactly. I 'm tired of clowns who continuously and deliberately put their own political spin on numerous issues for their own cynical, self serving purposes, but cry political foul whenever someone raises a fucking humanitarian or civil rights issue. This tactic should be very transparent to anyone even casually acquainted with critical thought.
Britt says that bolt is factually correct in most cases but apparently we're the ones who link him to bolt

Tony Abbott gets head butted with no real signs of a bruise and no cctv evidence = it happened

Dog owner says that their dog walker told them someone attempted to kick their dog because of an equality scarf = why should we take their word for it?

The hypocrisy is amazing and then they sit there and play the victim and claim the "left " Are attacking them

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I love Blazing Saddles and High Anxiety..two of my all time favourites..The brilliant theme song for Blazing Saddles was written by Brooks..they advertised for a person who sounded like Frankie Lane to sing it..he was the guy who sang all the 'serious' cowboy movie songs during the 50s and 60s..in the end Lane saw the ad contacted them..and said why get an impersonator when he'd be happy to do it himself!

As for High Anxiety..as you probably know it was a 'tribute' to Alfred Hitchcock's movies..who'll ever forget the paper scene in the shower.. After Hitchcock viewed it he sent a bottle of wine and a note to Brooks saying he absolutely loved it..he wasn't the only one!
History of the World is my favourite all time movie. Blazing Saddles and Robin Hood: Men in Tights are close second.

When I was a teenager I must have watched History of the World at least 30 times in the span of about 3 months.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
It is literally a free speech issue. You can't play the free speech card selectively. You're full of shit Wahesh. Until you can learn to keep your personal politics out of other people's lives (and even after that point) the NRL can hire whichever pre-game entertainment acts it likes and you can suck it up and like it....or not watch. Your choice.

Nobody cares about your hollow sense of outrage over the choice of entertainment at a sporting event. You are NOT a victim in this situation.

You need to grow up.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Britt says that bolt is factually correct in most cases but apparently we're the ones who link him to bolt

Tony Abbott gets head butted with no real signs of a bruise and no cctv evidence = it happened

Dog owner says that their dog walker told them someone attempted to kick their dog because of an equality scarf = why should we take their word for it?

The hypocrisy is amazing and then they sit there and play the victim and claim the "left " Are attacking them
Mr Britt is full of shit, that's about the long and short of it.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
History of the World is my favourite all time movie. Blazing Saddles and Robin Hood: Men in Tights are close second.

When I was a teenager I must have watched History of the World at least 30 times in the span of about 3 months.
Ahhh it's good to be the King! Lol!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's a game about men in tight shorts grabbing each other. The NRL is just catering to its audience.

Status
Not open for further replies.