Gay marriage plebiscite - Result YES to SSM

Should the law be changed to allow same-sex couples to marry?

• Yes

• No

• Not Voting

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ok so I'll have one final say here and it's all from a religious perspective.

I am a practicing Catholic, and as such my religion is a big part of who I am today, and also conducts how I live my life on a day to day basis, and what I do in my life. I am by no means perfect, and like many people, I am absolutely sick to death of all the "priests" and other members within Christianity who commit crimes such as rape, pedophilia etc... these people are disgusting and are not true Christian people. They deserve the same fate as those who commit these crimes who are not within Christianity.

I know we have some gay people here, and I'm going to state this outright... I DO NOT AND NEVER WILL HATE YOU. I like, in fact you could say I love you, because YOU are a child of God, YOU are a gift to someone, and YOU are, just like everyone else, flesh and blood. We all enter the world innocent. Homosexuality is NOT a choice, and you cannot control who you are and who you are attracted to, and it's very important for you to know that Catholic church knows this, the Catholic church does NOT judge you on this, and the Catholic church WELCOMES YOU into their walls and welcomes you to their service.

The issue that we have is not that there are gay people, however it is itself, the act of homosexuality which we believe is a sin. There are gay people within the Catholic church who put their faith ahead of their sexuality and do not engage in homosexual activity as they believe it's a sin, do not get married, and die virgins. They do this for their faith. It may be sad, but it's also humble and honorable.

What I was hoping that people of my faith could salvage from this all, was very simple - religious freedom. And now we have lost that too. All we have now is our faith, but our faith is big. It's the biggest part of our lives, and that will not be broken. We will continue to pray for those who we believe are sinning, we continue to love those who we believe are sinning, and this includes ourselves, because we all are sinners, except our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

We ask that people out there, whether you are for, against, or neutral, simply respect us and our beliefs, and we will respect you as humans and children, gifts, from God.

Peace.
that's straight from the heart

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think if I stop listening to my sheikh , may be then I will understand the difference between a defacto and a married couple, but at this point in time my hate, bias, intolerance and prejudice is clouding my judgement.

fkn lol.
Your view on SSM is derived from your religious beliefs..

Your two main points are.

1. Marriage is a religious practice. Yes, but no exclusive. History is proof of that. So that point is irrelevant.

2. Defacto have equal rights. No, again they dont. As explained earlier. I am involved in law. My wife is a civil court clerk... pre and post government approval, its not black and white. The burden of proof appears to be much harder to establish

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Perfect.

Was waiting for this.

Look at the 4 gateway criteria....

If you meet Jane in the side of the street, and decide to marry her. What is questioned? Whats the criteria for marriage....

But if you meet Bob. You have no rights, you need to get permission from the Government (ie meet their critera) to even be considered legally equal...

You really dont see the prejudice, separation and bias in that???

Your muslim. Before the government allows you to freely practice islam. Would you like to have to meet a criteria to show your not an extremist???

atleast have the courage to admit that marriage and de facto relationship is very similar... instead of "LOL" and telling me "you have not concept of the law"

but I know you wont, cos you already couldn't back up and answer a lot of question I asked you today.

your come back is typical "intolerant, bias, prejudice, hate preacher" so carry on.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Perfect.

Was waiting for this.

Look at the 4 gateway criteria....

If you meet Jane in the side of the street, and decide to marry her. What is questioned? Whats the criteria for marriage....

But if you meet Bob. You have no rights, you need to get permission from the Government (ie meet their critera) to even be considered legally equal...

You really dont see the prejudice, separation and bias in that???

Your muslim. Before the government allows you to freely practice islam. Would you like to have to meet a criteria to show your not an extremist???

atleast have the courage to admit that marriage and de facto relationship is very similar... instead of "LOL" and telling me "you have not concept of the law"

but I know you wont, cos you already couldn't back up and answer a lot of questions I asked today.

your response is always along the lines of "you hate preachers, in tolerant muslim, biased, prejudiced, etc etc"

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

but I know you wont, cos you already couldn't back up and answer a lot of question I asked you today.

your come back is typical "intolerant, bias, prejudice, hate preacher" so carry on.
But it isn't the same.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

but I know you wont, cos you already couldn't back up and answer a lot of questions I asked today.

your response is always along the lines of "you hate preachers, in tolerant muslim, biased, prejudiced, etc etc"
I need a quick catch up
Save me the trouble of reading through all the posts

What's the general gist of the argument?

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
don't tell me about the bias and prejudice I go through with govt and general public on daily basis and the criteria to prove I am not an extremist. the amount of time I go through bomb detection security checks at the airports and they still ask me the question "have you gone through this test before"... I am like yeah fucken this morning. so again , I am not throwing the victim card here , just telling you how this world operates and what is the law.

also read your posts on last 2 pages and see the hypocrisy and prejudice in your own posts. lol

I already told you the steps I had to go through to prove me wife I legally wed to in another country is actually my wife.
Exactly. And what you go through is wrong.

Yet you don't seem to mind the same prejudice for another minority

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Your view on SSM is derived from your religious beliefs..

Your two main points are.

1. Marriage is a religious practice. Yes, but no exclusive. History is proof of that. So that point is irrelevant.

2. Defacto have equal rights. No, again they dont. As explained earlier. I am involved in law. My wife is a civil court clerk... pre and post government approval, its not black and white. The burden of proof appears to be much harder to establish

ok tell these people they have got no fucken idea

https://www.wattsmccray.com.au/specialty/family-law/de-facto-relationships/

if marriage is not a religious practice then it is all about piece of paper.... you fail to admit that.

thank you, come again.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Exactly. And what you go through is wrong.

Yet you don't seem to mind the same prejudice for another minority
I have already said like a zillion times on this forum

gays getting right to get married is no big deal to me when they already have freedom to do every thing else in this country.

If you read properly I was talking about the rights of religious institutions and forcing them to go against their belief system.

Plus also SSM is also about getting a bit of piece of paper, that is all.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Its about what is good for one. Is good for the other. Simple.

And again. You fail to realise that it is not the same. The criteria alone is proof of that...

*facepalm*

it can not be the same cos this new marriage/ union is not a traditional concept of marriage.

so it has to be treated differently.

facepalm as much as you like

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have already said like a zillion times on this forum

gays getting right to get married is no big deal to me when they already have freedom to do every thing else in this country.

If you read properly I was talking about the rights of religious institutions and forcing them to go against their belief system.

Plus also SSM is also about getting a bit of piece of paper, that is all.
I guess to you it about a piece of paper. To others its about equal rights.

Meh.

And yes. I agree re religious institutions. Freedom of speech and freedom of practice is essential for any democracy. But, i agree anyone independent should not have the right to refuse service. Thats straight discrimination.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I guess to you it about a piece of paper. To others its about equal rights.

Meh.

And yes. I agree re religious institutions. Freedom of speech and freedom of practice is essential for any democracy. But, i agree anyone independent should not have the right to refuse service. Thats straight discrimination.
Knock out blow

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
that can be said about people with mental dis order

also have you seen a horny dog or a mountain goat or a bull during the breeding season? it will fuck anything that moves, it doesn't need a consent.
That's also why you can't marry someone with an intellectual disability.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

But it isnt the same.

"Very similar" is not "the same".

Therefore, not equal. Therefore, not equal rights

Status
Not open for further replies.