Gamers see woman robbed over webcam

Status
Not open for further replies.

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/2014/06/10/11/35/gamers-watch-woman-robbed-over-webcam

Gamers from around the world watched a livestream in shock and disbelief as a young woman was set upon by two home invaders as she played an online game.

Police in Tempe, Arizona were alerted to the crime after a gamer in Europe saw what was happening via webcam and messaged a friend of the besieged gamer who called the cops, 3TV reports.
The young woman, who has not been identified, was playing Defence of the Ancients 2 when two men forced their way into her apartment overnight and demanded that she lie on the floor.
Video of the incident captured by the woman's webcam shows her remove her headphones and hit the deck as an armed man races past and yells at her to stay down.
Police soon arrived at the apartment complex and demanded the men inside give themselves up.
After a brief standoff the men fled but one of them was caught by police after a short pursuit.

Edgardo Martinez was arrested and faces charges of armed robbery, kidnapping, first-degree burglary, theft of a firearm and theft of a credit card.
Police said Martinez and another man who remains on the loose locked their victims in a back bedroom during the robbery and planned to hold them there until a nearby bank opened.
The men allegedly planned to force the victims to withdraw money from the bank.
The victims were shaken by the incident but unhurt.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If it was on webcam, why didn't the NSA intervene?

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Unlucky ey, that chick is too nice looking to be a gamer to be honest. I wonder if she likes the d or even gets any good d being surrounded by nerds poor girl lol...

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Unlucky ey, that chick is too nice looking to be a gamer to be honest. I wonder if she likes the d or even gets any good d being surrounded by nerds poor girl lol...
You get revenue depending on how many watch your stream, plus you can get donations. Your right she probably doesnt even play games and just using her looks to make money off some lonely nerds

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You get revenue depending on how many watch your stream, plus you can get donations. Your right she probably doesnt even play games and just using her looks to make money off some lonely nerds
Lol, those poor nerds giving her money they know she isn't going to give them any or show them any right lol.

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
See, the guys who were watching were thinking about shooting the robber in the head multiple times as they were watching a video game stream and video games have been SCIENTIFICALLY LINKED to violence.

I am joking there, by the way. Seriously though, first time I've heard of something like this happening.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
See, the guys who were watching were thinking about shooting the robber in the head multiple times as they were watching a video game stream and video games have been SCIENTIFICALLY LINKED to violence.

I am joking there, by the way. Seriously though, first time I've heard of something like this happening.
Those nerds wish they could even hold a pistol without struggling let alone shoot it or have the balls to lol

Status
Not open for further replies.