Official Game Thread : Bulldogs v Sharks Trial 27/02/2021.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Anyone have a game report and score on the reserve grade ?

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How come Thommo didnt play and blokes like Douihei at Tigers can play despite being suspended for round 1? I even see Fainu playing for Manly, although his ban is stand down related

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
How come Thommo didnt play and blokes like Douihei at Tigers can play despite being suspended for round 1? I even see Fainu playing for Manly, although his ban is stand down related
Thompson had a hamstring injury

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If RFM replaces Waddell on the right edge our defence will be worse 100% I like Ray but his defence isn't his strong point
He isnt the best but just having him in the line hitting is enough to make a difference.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Disagree on Flano. For the first try he read the play well and was going inside out, Hoppa came in and DWZ was slow following.
If you are gonna play up and in (outdated defensive pattern) then you must be quick to shutdown play. Defending inside out is the way to go as you will nearly always get the obstruction penalty as the lead runner will hit your outside shoulder.
I dont think you understood me.. Hoppa squeezes the space between him and flanno because he doesnt trust Flanagan can make the tackle which is normal considering Flanna got streamed roll in the first 10min. Simple adjustments and will be harder once we get our forward pack back.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He was very average last night, didn’t do himself any favours . He is a 1000-1 to be in the 17
Mate like i said in another he has no chance of making it unless he pulls an extra 10kg in muscle and jumps into the forwards.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Mate like i said in another he has no chance of making it unless he pulls an extra 10kg in muscle and jumps into the forwards.
Still think he would be too soft with an extra 15kgs

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Penalties 4-4 haha get fucked. They had about 5 or 6 to none in the first half alone
Yh it felt like more, I'm guessing some of them were set restarts...swear I counted up to tackle 14 at one stage and was thinking wtf is going on here. Set restarts don't look to be recorded here.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I want to say is.....I cant believe that a trial match gets 1000 comments.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Renouf looked like a giant out there. And I didn’t how quick he was. When he made that line break I was like who is that
He used to play centre and then moved to the backrow in NYC..would outrun the backs and go the length of the field when he made a break.

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Glad you could post your summary for us :grinning: There looked a bit of argy bargy especially towards Hoppa and Flanaghan.
And the expected crap refereeing. This 6 again offside penalty will be a game changer....for the team the ref doesnt like that is. Did anyone hear the siren buzzer thingy to let you know there was a tackle reset? Couldnt hear it on Kayo.

Possible rort with that but some very good defence from us except for the 2 Sharks tries.
I didn’t hear the siren for the tackle reset. I think our defence was good except for those two tries. They found a weakness in the first half with DWZ moving too far in and not defending his station. I am sure TB gave him specific instructions half time, because in second half there was a dramatic change. It was good to see DWZ made up for his error by scoring a try. So looking forward to this season! Go Doggies!!