Official Game Thread : Bulldogs v Sharks Trial 27/02/2021.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Haha No idea most kelly 40 mins or so . Jackson could do well this year as a middle forward if he punches 60+ mins and so will Elliot if he is 80 mins on a edge .
Issue with the latter are missed tackles though .
Jackson is much better through the middle, picks up good cheap metres behind the ruck and his PC metres and play the ball speed are much better when compared to the edge. Elliott I'm not overly keen on, but if both him and Jackson are in the team then I prefer Elliott on the edge as he's capable of running a better line and slipping through a tackle.

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I do know this.. His inside shoulder is useless when his line speed is up and he doesn't have the best lateral movement because he plants his feet. His best attribute in d is the front on and has a very decent hit and stick.. No idea why you would not consider him as a utility when not many have seen if he can actually play multiple positions.
I agree about his hit and stick .

I just don’t believe the guy offers anything on the offensive end whatsoever . Slow , can’t beat a man if his life depended on it and just a makeshift 5/8 at best . I don’t believe Trent will have Katoa and another half on the bench . He could go with Meaney if so as Allen was a option for them at 5/8 and did some work there when he signed with us .

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I do know this.. His inside shoulder is useless when his line speed is up and he doesn't have the best lateral movement because he plants his feet. His best attribute in d is the front on and has a very decent hit and stick.. No idea why you would not consider him as a utility when not many have seen if he can actually play multiple positions.
Here’s why I wouldn’t consider him as a utility: he’s not good at any position. We have players like Katoa who can play hooker, lock pretty well. Lewis is a bad half, and worse in every other position. He’s a slug.

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Here’s why I wouldn’t consider him as a utility: he’s not good at any position. We have players like Katoa who can play hooker, lock pretty well. Lewis is a bad half, and worse in every other position. He’s a slug.
I agree . If his preferred position he’s below average wouldn’t want him covering other positions .

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Why would he be playing 6 when he isn't first or second option? Maybe working towards a 14 role...
if he is a 14 then we are in for a long season

Reactions: GDR

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
lol, if he plants his feet and has no lateral movement then he cant defend, you have just answered your own question. Even a front tackle you dont plant your feet before you make contact, you NEVER plant your feet.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree about his hit and stick .

I just don’t believe the guy offers anything on the offensive end whatsoever . Slow , can’t beat a man if his life depended on it and just a makeshift 5/8 at best . I don’t believe Trent will have Katoa and another half on the bench . He could go with Meaney if so as Allen was a option for them at 5/8 and did some work there when he signed with us .
He can beat a man but he cant stay on his feet, old lolly legs kick in for the kid. The Meaney option ain't a bad one actually... left field, I dont mind it.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
lol, if he plants his feet and has no lateral movement then he cant defend, you have just answered your own question. Even a front tackle you dont plant your feet before you make contact, you NEVER plant your feet.
Nothing wrong with planting your feet if u manage to take the impact and hold on like he does but the issue is always going to be a change in direction..

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Draft fantasy is the best if you can create your own league . I’m in one with friends and family , very competitive and exciting . The best thing about it is everyone has a different side . If you want a player you need to trade with opposition teams .

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not denying.. Personally i would rather a X factor more than anything in 14. Avo for a year would be brilliant if Burton was around. My next pick would be JMK because he can fill in anywhere and still add a spark when he runs out of dummy half. Katoa is another if he can sort out his stamina and actually pass under fatigue. Meaney was another one just thrown up but who else can play hooker?

I'd say the JMK/Katoa is the best considering one can play in the forwards and one slip into the halves and backs if need be.