Official Game Thread : Bulldogs v Sharks Trial 27/02/2021.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Apparently centre, potentially utility. Who would actually want him though? I can't see him starting in any other teams 17.
No one saw another club wanting Montoya either but he's starting on the wing for the Warriors. Another club will take a chance on Lewis eventually. Maybe not as a starter, but as a backup..

So many clubs give second and third chances to proven rejects thinking they can fix them. I can see McGuire or Brown thinking that as a short term fix if they get injuries in the halves.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No one saw another club wanting Montoya either but he's starting on the wing for the Warriors. Another club will take a chance on Lewis eventually. Maybe not as a starter, but as a backup..

So many clubs give second and third chances to proven rejects thinking they can fix them. I can see McGuire or Brown thinking that as a short term fix if they get injuries in the halves.
Yeah McGuire likes our rejects!

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have it on good merit from basically the top that the club is looking really hard to fit Lewis into the 17 somewhere... Wouldn't be surprised to see Lewis shift between positions this weekend.
:confounded:

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Given there are so many new faces I wish we committed to 2 trials before the season kicked off. It's probably going to be less of an issue than it was when Pay was coach given it sounds like they're actually having a professionally-run off season for once but still. We have some tough opposition in the opening 5 games so would want them to take every opportunity to build as much chemistry as possible.
They are getting smashed at training
They won’t be too underdone
Thankngod that fwit weak muppet Grimaldi is gone

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I have it on good merit from basically the top that the club is looking really hard to fit Lewis into the 17 somewhere... Wouldn't be surprised to see Lewis shift between positions this weekend.
That’s bullshit, if that was the case he would be playing 6 on the weekend

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tolman supposedly injured anyway not in the team. Once a dog always a dog....
Unlikely. A couple of times last year he found himself 5 metres out with the try line wide open and he froze and went to ground. Blokes been doing nudie runs for a long time.

True Blue

old dog
Reaction score
alot of team like the storm are just playing their 17, i hope our top squad gets good game time
From what I read somewhere......first grade for first half and then respective seconds for the second half.....but of course that could change with injuries etc.........I am looking forward to seeing Scoupe get a run.....

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Rfm still coming back from a long lay off
Waddel is the obvious contender and been there most offseason with rfm in rehab group

don’t know what’s happening with trial teams and match ups
I’m also hearing Waddell will most likely start in place of rfm , for the start off the season .
The other backrower was rumoured to be Elliot . Not sure if that’s still the case

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
They like many recognise he is one of the best defenders in the team.. never discredit a good defender In a squad.
lewis has a good one on one tackle when players are running onto his shoulder but he is a shit defender. like most of our backs over the last five years he can't make a defensive read to save his fucking life.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
They like many recognise he is one of the best defenders in the team.. it is a fact that defence does win U premierships.
he is not a good defender, teams target him because he goes to low, gets dominated in the tackle, then they target where he should be in the defensive line