Official Game Thread : Bulldogs v Sharks Trial 27/02/2021.

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They never count the tackle restarts in the penalties either.
Yeah I was talking about just penalties. They kicked for touch I think at least 5 times in the first half. We didn't once unless we got one in the first few minutes because we got there a few mins after kickoff

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yh it felt like more, I'm guessing some of them were set restarts...swear I counted up to tackle 14 at one stage and was thinking wtf is going on here. Set restarts don't look to be recorded here.
Yeah well we did have Sutton. I'm gonna try dream about stomping him tonight so I have a wet dream. It's been a while

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Funny story, Deitz was my niece's high school teacher last year, she said he left because he wanted to concentrate on his footy career..

We've seen plenty late bloomers lately in the NRL.. let's hope we found another..
He was my nephew's high school teacher last year........one of his favorite teachers too :grinning:

off-tap-robbie

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
How come Thommo didnt play and blokes like Douihei at Tigers can play despite being suspended for round 1? I even see Fainu playing for Manly, although his ban is stand down related
That was Sione Fainu not Manase

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I personally hated it when the commentator referred to Pele as Frank the tank......I found it hard to stomach as IMO there is only one tank and that will always be big Frank the tank Pritchard!!!
Agree we really need someone like Tank in our current team.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Agree we really need someone like Tank in our current team.
Renouf most likely really when you look them over, if they can get a bit more consistent aggression out of him.

Maybe Waddell to FR ala Steve Price?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He used to play centre and then moved to the backrow in NYC..would outrun the backs and go the length of the field when he made a break.
I have seen him chase a bomb, jump and catch it in NSW cup a couple of years ago... Definitely an athlete. I thought he would make a decent backrower but the game is made for guys like this now so hopefully he and Hetho of the bench is exactly the impact we have been loathing for.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Renouf most likely really when you look them over, if they can get a bit more consistent aggression out of him.

Maybe Waddell to FR ala Steve Price?
Waddell and Ogden will be fighting for that last bench spot when the team is fully fit. Should be our Mr fix it along with Smith.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
My thoughts on the game. I think the first half we were playing get to the end of your sets. Just running the cobwebs out and getting the basic's right. Second half we were told to throw it around a lot more. You could see that the Sharks weren't as fit as they needed to be, most of that drop ball by them were fitness issues rather than pressure. Either way, it was great to see the Dogs run around. Was enough promising signs to think that we won't be in the contest for the wooden spoon unless we have injuries to key guys.

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I legit thought when Atoni made that break it was that alamoti kid until I remembered he wasn’t playing.

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How does a first grade footballer clean drop the ball in every single game he plays??
DWZ must be taking the piss right??