Official Game Thread : Bulldogs v Sharks Trial 27/02/2021.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The one big positive to take out of the game is , some of our depth has some real spark... First graders beware, no one's spot is safe...
It was a good chance for the younger brigade and the lesser lights to make an impression. There was good effort and go forward from players one would expect to be depth only and I hope you are correct in saying that no one will get a free ride...been a long time since we have seen the possibility of competition for spots...

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
hoppa time to go..meaney too small flano needs to run more too much just passing it..deitz looked good when he came on..worried the sharks

Reactions: ATT

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
My 2c

Allan - good game, potential
DWZ - absolutely useless
Hoppa - I honestly think h4 needs a new club
Meaney - Basic and very avge
Wakeham- ok game but looked better 2nd half
Flanagan- still finding his feet
Jackson - looks lean fit and better at lock
Elliot- can't stand the dog cnut
Wadell- wasn't flash at all
Ogden- love this bloke, needs to offload more
Katoa - better option than Jmk. Stopgap hooker
Hetherington- underwhelmed

ATONI is gonna only get better
Deitz top game

Lewis is fcuking useless
Rest had ok games

We wont set world on fire this year but promising future ahead for the Dogs
Thought you were a bit rough on Hopoate, he was good. His try assist was a great draw and pass.

Some people give Elliott some shit but i thought he was great.

Dietz was good. So was Antoni. Flanagan was solid for his first match with us. The attack took some time to warm up, but it showed good signs when it did. The players look fit and keen. Might take a bit of polish before we are at our best though.

Yeh Lewis was shit. He wont see FG if Averillo is fit. Not sure where that leaves Wakeham too.

All in all a match that even though only a trial, provided reasons to feel confident the rebuild is on track.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yup, was our best prop imo. Hopefully he gets minutes.
Players not looking to receive the offload really annoys me.. when are they going to realize that renouf is always a chance of popping it..

Yeah I agree he was a stand out in attack..

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cotric was average IMO needs a lot of work at centre, hopefully gets a lot better with time

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Cotric was average IMO needs a lot of work at centre, hopefully gets a lot better with time
He was involved and hand to handle, but he isn't a left centre...switch him to the right or play him on the wing.

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Anyone think it was a tactic to play safe in first half and then turn it on in second half? Keeps our cards close to chest for new style of play. Nobody expects anything from us this year. Showing what we can do in trials could make teams expect it from us.

Just seemed like first half they were holding back on purpose. Second half we actually showed what was talked about with fast attack.

Might just be wishful thinking but it makes sense to me.