Official Game Thread : Bulldogs v Sharks Trial 27/02/2021.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Just have a look at some of the balls directed at him...
Is that a factor with his handling? Will have to take a look. Makes a difference for sure. Maybe also the fact he rarely tries to run around first defenders and just flat out runs into them. Just braces for impact and hasn't got full ball security?

2019 he played like a world beater.

He needs help to get back to that form.

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Is that a factor with his handling? Will have to take a look. Makes a difference for sure. Maybe also the fact he rarely tries to run around first defenders and just flat out runs into them. Just braces for impact and hasn't got full ball security?

2019 he played like a world beater.

He needs help to get back to that form.
And the fact that if he is not running backwards he runs sideways! I have nicknamed him crabs! Lol

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
And the fact that if he is not running backwards he runs sideways! I have nicknamed him crabs! Lol
There was one real long run sideways on Saturday...seemed like it was 60m for no gain :grinning:

Hope he comes good.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah well we did have Sutton. I'm gonna try dream about stomping him tonight so I have a wet dream. It's been a while
Good dream, And if stomping Gerard doesn't get you there, stomp his brothers too.

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Jeez TBaz is super impressive every interview I have heard from him. His footy knowledge is outstanding and his understanding of the game and of his players is impressive.

I know it's a big call but I think we have hit the jackpot in landing him. I think he will eventually be an elite coach and hopefully the first 10 years are with us and a few premierships under his belt:grinning:

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
a positive hit out for the team IMO

* I liked Corey Allen at fullback... he was good positionally, safe under the high ball and injected (leave it alone) himself well into our backline movements... a big unit... I will be curious to see how long career-wise he stays at fullback
* our right edge defence was poor and a lot of it had to do with decisions made in defence by players more in field than DWZ... I liked DWZ's effort but he has an error or two in him and so plays wing or nothing
* Cotric should be a good acquisition... strong, fast, hard to tackle, good at defusing kicks... I think he will end up back at wing though
* Flanagan I thought started okay but I was disappointed with his kicking game... only his first kick out, but I don't think he will be a dominant halfback/playmaker... he will need quality in the '6' jersey beside him to be more the x-factor with Flanagan to direct the team and do the kicking... nevertheless, in the debate of what is best for the game and being a c*+#, Ivan remains a firmly entrenched c*+#
* I liked Hetherington as a starting prop... got through a lot of work, strong in the contact, mobile... seems to be the best candidate to start in the front row alongside Thompson... hopefully, he shows better on field discipline with us
* I liked having Jackson in the middle and Elliot on the fringe... Waddell seemed willing, good size and athleticism, but really dumb... RFM to come back in
* not sure about the hooker position... I don't think JMK and Katia are good enough and I have not seen enough of Deitz to judge... I liked what I saw from Brailey for the beach bogans considering Flanagan may be seen as a potential draw for the 'Dogs to bring him across as the Sharks have signed McInnes for 2022
* I liked the look of Atoni... I have waited years for him to live up to his potential
* Ogden was reckless in the hits he was trying to put on
* Lewis is not good enough for FG in the halves and lacks the size and/or speed to play any other position
* will be curious to see how Bailey Biondi-Odo develops over the next couple seasons
* I don't think we need to look to recruit another centre... I think Averillo ends up in the centres and you still have Cotric and Hopoate, and the likes of Schoupp and Alamoti coming through the system

Last edited: