Gambling ads

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The new generation are the Instagram/Tiktok generation. They're all displaying themselves on social media so they're all concerned about looking perfect. They don't want to risk the image.
Yet another example of the scourge of sewer media.
I’d get rid of that before gambling ads in terms of negative societal impact. But that’s me :-).

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Rates of smoking have declined, fact. See the chart on this page (click). Yes there will always be smokers, so long as there is tobacco, however rates of smoking were increased for a number of factors that are outside of the individual, including the deceit of tobacco companies, the peer pressure partly informed by the way smoking was advertised (go back and have a look at the old ads if you've forgotten), and the lack of education within society as to exactly how serious the consequences of smoking is.

Since those things have changed, smoking rates have decreased a lot. People who smoke today do so without the pressure of ads that promote smoking, in a context in which tobacco companies are rightly framed as less than upstanding participants in society, and in which there is plenty of education about the consequences.
You think vapes helped reduced smoking stats or are they included?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I probably should subscribe.
For myself Youtube has definitely been the greatest resourse for learning.
I subscribe - it improves the experience exponentially. Between that and the fact I watch very little FTA TV I don’t see a lot of ads so that might influence my feelings on this topic. In fact I’d bet on it - oh wait :-).

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You think vapes helped reduced smoking stats or are they included?
Those stats are for tobacco smoking, so they don't include the vapes. Vaping is another issue, similar in some respects, but with some important differences. One being it was never part of the public consciousness in the way smoking was due to TV ads and presence in movies. Vaping rates have been widely misreported in the media, they are actually around one tenth of comparable tobacco smoking rates (click here).

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gambling doesn't ruin lives... only virus's do. Dir!

Greenmachine121

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The ads fucking suck
The pokies will destroy your bank balance and worse
Gambling addiction is worse than drug addiction
But that’s just from personal experience and having watched mates do likewise

the reality is as one poster said they pay for the prime advertising space and not much anyone can do about it