Official Gallery - Week 2 Pre Season Begins

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't know about you lads, but I'm very confident about this season... might not have the big names across the park, but these boys look ready to rip in

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't know about you lads, but I'm very confident about this season... might not have the big names across the park, but these boys look ready to rip in
I agree but I think what happens to Napa (if anything). If the NRL suspend him for this crap going on it could really hurt us in my opinion.
If all are available and we have a good run without injury could be a decent year.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Been burnt too many times in the last few years with players having big off seasons and good trial form so I'll be waiting until a few games in to see what they produce.

We need some players in key positions to stand up and make the most of their opportunities.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Been burnt too many times in the last few years with players having big off seasons and good trial form so I'll be waiting until a few games in to see what they produce.

We need some players in key positions to stand up and make the most of their opportunities.
It's been a while since I have seen our guys looking this fit tbh... we were probably the least fit looking team of 2018.. I know it doesn't mean we will blow the comp away, but I like to think we're going to be more competitive than previous years... and also what we were doing when Lewis Smith Martin etc were promoted gives me confidence for 2019

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's been a while since I have seen our guys looking this fit tbh... we were probably the least fit looking team of 2018.. I know it doesn't mean we will blow the comp away, but I like to think we're going to be more competitive than previous years... and also what we were doing when Lewis Smith Martin etc were promoted gives me confidence for 2019
To be honest its what they should look like. The condition some of the players were in for previous seasons was embarrassing for a professional athlete.

The spine and back line are the massive questions that need to be answered. We also have a lot of young players so I'm a bit worried what a slow start could do for their confidence.

I think they will rip in every week and if they are improving with each game I'll be happy with that.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
To be honest its what they should look like. The condition some of the players were in for previous seasons was embarrassing for a professional athlete.

The spine and back line are the massive questions that need to be answered. We also have a lot of young players so I'm a bit worried what a slow start could do for their confidence.

I think they will rip in every week and if they are improving with each game I'll be happy with that.
Yeah it's insane to think guys like Kas and Beast could get to the size they were as professional athletes... the fuck? I'm definitely not implying we're premiership contenders... but we sure as hell are going to be a lot more competitive than last year

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah it's insane to think guys like Kas and Beast could get to the size they were as professional athletes... the fuck? I'm definitely not implying we're premiership contenders... but we sure as hell are going to be a lot more competitive than last year
Still not as bad as George Rose was...... :laughing:

I agree that this is the best level of pre-season fitness I have seen them in for some time.
I am confident we should continue to improve this year and run better than most are tipping us for but our backs need to lift.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Same here ... team dynamic is looking good and I think the guys are pretty close knit. They all want to rip in for each other and really deliver this season.

We've got rid of the princesses and primadonnas this year and seems we have a group of players who genuinely want to play and deliver for the club.

Actually post NRL Beastwood looks in REALLY good shape at the moment. It's like he's dropped 10 kgs already off his frame.

We should have kept him on in some consultant role for the forwards coming through... Much love for Beastwood!

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
We finally have shorts...

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The squad looks in much better shape than any season under des

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He looks fine to me.

Can't see any fat on him. Looks fit to me, which doesn't mean all his joints and tendons will cope under stress, but it's good to see for now.

Gotta say the weird beard makes him look a bit dense. Like he should be down the swamp wrastlin' gators.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Actually post NRL Beastwood looks in REALLY good shape at the moment. It's like he's dropped 10 kgs already off his frame.

We should have kept him on in some consultant role for the forwards coming through... Much love for Beastwood!
He’s signed for Newtown

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I will start the year with every confidence in the boys, they look up too it..!! Think a big year is Calling.

DOGGS 2019.