Fox Sports Gagai wants out of Souffs to play Centre before June 30!!!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mmm so he would throw away a chance at a premiership for his own selfish interests... I can understand DWZ as us and Panthers are shit... but Gagai would be mad to leave before June 30.
He looks like he cares more about Origin then winning premierships so it might not bother him.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sure he plays better in Origin but name me one player at our club who's even remotely capable of the man of the match displays he's had over the years in Origin?

Once he leaves Souths, he'll perform better at club level again like he did at Newcastle before he left. If we signed DWZ who's more enigmatic and not ad good ad Gagai, then we should definitely be in the market for a quality back like Gagai.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Top flight players are attracted to clubs with a winning spirit and competitive culture, we don't have that spirit or culture at the moment and won't ever have it while Pay is at the helm, simple!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Just on NRL 360 that’s Dane Gagai wants a immediate release to play centre and isn’t happy about Roberts taking his spot.
Left field rumour.... Wayne doesn't care that Gagai is leaving as he wants Corey Oates
1. Johnston
2. Graham
3. Roberts
4. Burns
5. Oates

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
If he can apply himself at club level then maybe a good idea. I wonder what his price tag would be, 400k? Still better then anyone we have and when you look at Wayne and his pathetic favourites I kind of see why he would want to leave that club asap. Only problem is Pay has his pathetic favourites too, except ours are shite and embarrassing.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Id rather aitken or lomax, gagai just doesn’t seem like he would fit at belmore.

Why wont a decent 9 or 7 look like moving on , damn it!

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon he'll end up at centre for the Titans to replace Peachey. Perhaps tha'ts the only way that Titans will let Peachy go before June 30 - Gagai will take his spot & his money.
I believe Mal Meniga could be behind the push, or if the rumor is true perhaps its Kevin Walters as he is rumored to take over from Brennan after Origin 3.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He looks happy on the wing in Origin and i dont see him complaining!

I dont think he wants to play in the centres. He wants to be paid as a centre more like it.

If you were to offer him centre money to play on the wing, would he say no?

Corey Oates tried the same shit with Bennett & the Broncos, trying to extract a backrowers salary

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If he can apply himself at club level then maybe a good idea. I wonder what his price tag would be, 400k? Still better then anyone we have and when you look at Wayne and his pathetic favourites I kind of see why he would want to leave that club asap. Only problem is Pay has his pathetic favourites too, except ours are shite and embarrassing.
I recon his price would start at $600k minimum being a rep centre. Almost all centres in the NRL are better then we have. I don’t think he’s value for money it will all depend on his price

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Didn’t he sign a huge contract with Souths ? Would they pay any of it for him to change clubs ?

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I recon his price would start at $600k minimum being a rep centre. Almost all centres in the NRL are better then we have. I don’t think he’s value for money it will all depend on his price
Yeah see there's the hiccup hey. 400k I think well maybe but 600k is cutting into marquee cash IMO and I certainly wonder if he can ask that. May get it somewhere but we need to be smarter.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
If we can get him at around 500k you do
It and play him
In the centres.

Gagai dwz Smith is a exciting backline I don’t care who go where’s.

Meaney
Smith
Gagai
Dwz
Okunbor

Fucking please!!!!

If Meaney don’t develop so be it Gagai or dwz can play fullback and we keep an eye out for some quality. The fact is he walks into any spot in our back 5 and if he legitimately is available you have to go for it.

Likely bulkshit anyway

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah see there's the hiccup hey. 400k I think well maybe but 600k is cutting into marquee cash IMO and I certainly wonder if he can ask that. May get it somewhere but we need to be smarter.
Apparently the Titans are after him and I bet Mal Meninga is in his ear. He’s not worth going over $600k for.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Wayne bennett did sack him from Broncos.. then I think he ended up fucking knights when gagai was there.. I wouldn't be surprised if he is sick of getting shafted by wayne.
And he played under Bennett at the Knights. Maybe he just hates Wayne.

He's like the bizarro Darius.