Opinion Future Is Bright,Potter Can bring us a Premiership

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If we lose today, completely rule out Potter as head coach.

Sadly I don’t think Mick will be coach next year but hopefully stays on as an assistant. Maybe down the track he will get another shot at FG.

Todays game has nothing to do with him getting the job or not, Gus has already decided who it will be.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeh also don't think Mick will get the top.gig, sounds like he is happy enough to stay on as an assistant..I'd guess maybe Dymock could be another though unsure if Gus is a fan or not.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fuck speculating. Doesn't have any impact what we think or say here. And people tend to get their hopes up based on this. Just decide how to feel about the coach appointed when it happens.

Grimace

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hot tip but our coach next year will have two former NRL coaches as his assistants.
Well don’t ma statements and leave us all hanging? I know Ciraldo has signed Anastasia has confirmation he has signed so who are the assistants if u know or are you just guessing???

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Calm down. We are still 2 wins 5 losses with Potter. Hope he stays as attacking assistant.
You could probably take out the first loss where he observed all week & the Sharks game where he had COVID, so (now) 3 wins & 3 losses isn't too bad & the attack has been the best in years.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mick Potter has proven himself with the media, even in the post match interviews his posture is about improving rather than desperation, something that new coaches get desperate about very quickly. His demeanour is constantly professional under scrutiny and I believe this has allowed the playing group to relax and play footy.

Stinger

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Calm down. We are still 2 wins 5 losses with Potter. Hope he stays as attacking assistant.
3 wins 5 losses now and coming home strong. The difference is under Potter it’s enjoyable to watch the boys play even when they lose. Under the previous coach they were hard to watch it was just torturous. Under Potter it feels like we can win every game even when we don’t. The fans are enjoying the players are enjoying it. Potter is a breath of fresh air.

Stinger

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
3 wins 5 losses now and coming home strong. The difference is under Potter it’s enjoyable to watch the boys play even when they lose. Under the previous coach they were hard to watch it was just torturous. Under Potter it feels like we can win every game even when we don’t. The fans are enjoying the players are enjoying it. Potter is a breath of fresh air.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Regardless of who the coach is - players have most impact on results - Potter keeps coming backing to that point - ownership/ responsibility.

Im hoping the dogs are working on shifting contracted players who are impacting further recruitment - mainly Okunbor and Cook.(unless he learns defend). To a lesser extent Patolo (not progressed) Allan (injuries) Waddell(mistakes), Thompson($$$$)

The squad as it stands for 23 lacks a quality middle forward or two.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Our attacking difference since Potters arrival is unbelievable. The way we move the ball with fluidity and have geniune structure is a breathe of fresh air. The boys are playing for Potter and clearly respect him he has to be at the club next year in some way not many coaches out there can do what his done without an off-season.

If we granted Potter the 23 job he I’m sure wouldn’t disappoint. Cant wait to see what an off-season will do for this side with Kikau, Mahoney and hopefully a new prop or two. A lot of us became hopeless over the last few years and this season inparticularly. He has reignited that love I once had for the club hats of to him.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If we'd lost yesterday against s lowly rated team like Titans, it would have been telling for Mick Potter's coaching.

Instead we won. They came back but we had the game result covered 90% of the game...(unless something untoward or ref/bunker intervened).

Winning the game confirmed why Potter has been a wonderful interim coach for us, and an inspired choice by Gus for that job, and surely has shored up his claim to an Assistant Coach etc position with the team in 2023.

It was all on the line with all theTina hoopla and questioning of our credentials under Potter, and in good style the team and coach passed that test yesterday.

hoody06

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Our attacking difference since Potters arrival is unbelievable. The way we move the ball with fluidity and have geniune structure is a breathe of fresh air. The boys are playing for Potter and clearly respect him he has to be at the club next year in some way not many coaches out there can do what his done without an off-season.

If we granted Potter the 23 job he I’m sure wouldn’t disappoint. Cant wait to see what an off-season will do for this side with Kikau, Mahoney and hopefully a new prop or two. A lot of us became hopeless over the last few years and this season inparticularly. He has reignited that love I once had for the club hats of to him.
It's amazing what scoring tries can do for the average supporter let alone the players and club. The morale must be through the roof right now at Belmore, I also feel reconnected to the club. Well done Potsy! Although it sounds like he's missed out or didn't want the top job, keeping him as an assistant is a must.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hopefully potter stays on as assistant if Ciraldo comes.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
If we'd lost yesterday against s lowly rated team like Titans, it would have been telling for Mick Potter's coaching.

Instead we won. They came back but we had the game result covered 90% of the game...(unless something untoward or ref/bunker intervened).

Winning the game confirmed why Potter has been a wonderful interim coach for us, and an inspired choice by Gus for that job, and surely has shored up his claim to an Assistant Coach etc position with the team in 2023.

It was all on the line with all theTina hoopla and questioning of our credentials under Potter, and in good style the team and coach passed that test yesterday.
My mail is ceraldo is all but signed. The problem for potter is that the incoming coach picks his support staff.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
I think Mick has the skill and insight to be a great coach, but he is not confident in his resilience to handle when things go bad and stay bad for a while.

He comes across as traumatised from what happened at the Tigers. He was very sheepish around wanting to be considered for the role, and over time as he was winning games and the team were going to a new level, he slowly like a turtle poking its head out, started to murmur interest - this is not the sign you want from your next FG coach when we know it will chew you up and spit you out if you are not thick skinned.

Last edited: