Opinion Future halves

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd just keep Averillo on the bench for the year but if there's an injury in the backline during the season I'd use him as the replacement every time.

His bench role would be similar to Papsmear at the Storm in his first year where he comes on at the back end of halves and can just float around the filed and use his running game to exploit tired defences.

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: fuck if des was here , tolman would be halfback...... thank you lucky stars bois and gals

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: fuck if des was here , tolman would be halfback...... thank you lucky stars bois and gals

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
They won the grand final in CC not the newbies like cogger but lewis was killi g it got picked for us, they went on to still win the final
Lewis didn’t do shit in CC, it was fa amanu brown and josh cleeland that took that team to win the gf and state championship. I would of rather kept cleeland over Lewis. And Jmk wasn’t there either, Woodford was the hooker.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think Averillo has more the style of a FB than a Centre. But yeah that could work. Interesting to see how Bindi Obo (or however its spelt lol) develops, looks decent imo.

Could very well be in coming years after Foran
1. Averillo
6. Bindo
7. Wakeham
Yeah you're not wrong, I think ideally you replace Foran with Averillo at 6 though. Who do you have at 6 right now if Averillo plays FB?

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah you're not wrong, I think ideally you replace Foran with Averillo at 6 though. Who do you have at 6 right now if Averillo plays FB?
Right now Foran for sure and if he's not res-signed which is quite possible not too sure for 2021 and beyond to be honest, throw lots at Munster but cant see Bellamy losing him.
If Foran stay fit this season and really hope he does.
1 - Avo
2 - DWZ
3 - Harper
4 - Hoppa
5 - Smith
6 - Foran
7 - Wakeham

Don't think that's too bad of a backline given our squad. 9 will stay our weakest link imo unless we sign someone significant.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Right now Foran for sure and if he's not res-signed which is quite possible not too sure for 2021 and beyond to be honest, throw lots at Munster but cant see Bellamy losing him.
If Foran stay fit this season and really hope he does.
1 - Avo
2 - DWZ
3 - Harper
4 - Hoppa
5 - Smith
6 - Foran
7 - Wakeham

Don't think that's too bad of a backline given our squad. 9 will stay our weakest link imo unless we sign someone significant.
It's definitely not a bad backline and there's WAY more potential upside to that compared to what we have now. I really just don't want to stick with Foran lol....but if he some how gets through most his games this year and is happy to stay on a massively reduced contract then even I would feel tempted to retain him.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think Averillo has more the style of a FB than a Centre. But yeah that could work. Interesting to see how Bindi Obo (or however its spelt lol) develops, looks decent imo.

Could very well be in coming years after Foran
1. Averillo
6. Bindo
7. Wakeham
9. Jmk

14. Gray

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's definitely not a bad backline and there's WAY more potential upside to that compared to what we have now. I really just don't want to stick with Foran lol....but if he some how gets through most his games this year and is happy to stay on a massively reduced contract then even I would feel tempted to retain him.
Haha yeah me either mate. Fingers crossed he stays fit and healthy for us. I’m with you but I tell ya he’s better than anyone we can possibly throw in there that we currently have on our roster. It’s just hard to believe he will last.
And as you said if he dies get through and we re-sign, must be bugger all.
If not we have to get an contracted player somehow.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If Averillo starts in the top grade, he must be in the halves. That suits the way he plays.
He is the most instinctive player in the team. He would be wasted in the FB or centres role.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Haha yeah me either mate. Fingers crossed he stays fit and healthy for us. I’m with you but I tell ya he’s better than anyone we can possibly throw in there that we currently have on our roster. It’s just hard to believe he will last.
And as you said if he dies get through and we re-sign, must be bugger all.
If not we have to get an contracted player somehow.
If Wakeham can actually get some game time now and show enough at halfback then I think retaining Foran on a reduced contract becomes a more attractive option for us, especially with Averillo and Bobo currently already on the books. Foz goes down and it's not a massive hit like it is now because Wakeham is hopefully doing his job and continuing to improve and we have two young blokes with heaps of potential that can step into the halves alongside him.

The issue is if Wakeham or whoever else can't show enough this season, we're then relying on Foran and when he inevitably goes down it's a massive oh shit moment and everyones heads go down. As you said before 9 is still a massive weak link and if we can somehow sort it out by next season that could be huge for us.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If Wakeham can actually get some game time now and show enough at halfback then I think retaining Foran on a reduced contract becomes a more attractive option for us, especially with Averillo and Bobo currently already on the books. Foz goes down and it's not a massive hit like it is now because Wakeham is hopefully doing his job and continuing to improve and we have two young blokes with heaps of potential that can step into the halves alongside him.

The issue is if Wakeham or whoever else can't show enough this season, we're then relying on Foran and when he inevitably goes down it's a massive oh shit moment and everyones heads go down. As you said before 9 is still a massive weak link and if we can somehow sort it out by next season that could be huge for us.
Exactly, now is the time to throw in Wakeham. Will play a major factor in our future.

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
Lewis didn’t do shit in CC, it was fa amanu brown and josh cleeland that took that team to win the gf and state championship. I would of rather kept cleeland over Lewis. And Jmk wasn’t there either, Woodford was the hooker.
Okay lol now your just full of shit

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
6. Jake Averillo
7. Brandon Wakeham

Can you imagine what these 2 can do with a real coach to bring out their potential, and this is the best time to play them because we ain’t doing fuckin shit this year
#FUCKPAY
#DEANSOURMAN. We have a good coach knucklehead. Pay is bringing our juniors along nicely...developing their talent at training to prepare them for their NRL careers.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
#DEANSOURMAN. We have a good coach knucklehead. Pay is bringing our juniors along nicely...developing their talent at training to prepare them for their NRL careers.
Oh fuck hahaha

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Okay lol now your just full of shit
I’m not full of shit, it’s true.. Lewis did nothing.. Did you watch the CC games? I did. Cleeland was our best half in lower grade and we let him go after the gf and state championship wins.
Morgan Harper won the gf with the one on one strip and the try to get us the win. And cleeland ran a muck against Redcliffe in the state championship. What did lewis do?