Opinion Future halves

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
6. Jake Averillo
7. Brandon Wakeham

Can you imagine what these 2 can do with a real coach to bring out their potential, and this is the best time to play them because we ain’t doing fuckin shit this year
#FUCKPAY

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
6. Jake Averillo
7. Brandon Wakeham

Can you imagine what these 2 can do with a real coach to bring out their potential, and this is the best time to play them because we ain’t doing fuckin shit this year
#FUCKPAY
Hence why the club will have them locked up but a serious question, would you have them as your starting halves now?

Spudowsky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
6. Jake Averillo
7. Brandon Wakeham

#FUCKPAY
What they will both benifit from is a fit Keiran Foran to play alongside and gain much needed experience.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We need to buy an experienced half if Foran isn't re-signed. We have more than enough money to do it and contracts don't mean anything these days if you offer enough money. Keary's reported to be on ~700k at the Roosters. We can offer him in the millions.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
6. Jake Averillo
7. Brandon Wakeham

#FUCKPAY
All in good time bro. You cannot have two rookies trying to steer a ship. There has to be experience in there.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
We haven't developed a decent junior half since brent sherwin. Reynolds just got by on effort. The odds are against both of these boys.
Think we need an overhaul of our development and recruitment

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Their time will come and I don't mind them waiting because I feel like playing now in this squad and environment will kill their confidence and set them back.
Yep I agree. It could kill their career before it even starts. I’m happy to play one if Foran is fit though

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This year is the perfect time, cause we are fried anyway this season
You don't want them getting belted in games where the score resembles Australia's first innings against Zimbabwe. It won't help their development and only set them back.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep I agree. It could kill their career before it even starts. I’m happy to play one if Foran is fit though
100% bro, people will likely disagree but I still have Foran well ahead of any half at this club.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You don't want them getting belted in games where the score resembles Australia's first innings against Zimbabwe. It won't help their development and only set them back.
Or they could burst onto the scene you know like other rookies in the past

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Their time will come. I believe both players need be blooded into the side properly. I don’t think the pressure of them steering our side this year would help.

Wakeham needs to be starting halfback and Averillo needs more minutes off the bench.