Furner...

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Credit where credit is due... If Furner had anything to do with our improved defence well good on him... we actually looked more desperate today....
Hold back on this applause until we play a team that can actually attack. We were good against an ordinary team. We have some serious teams in the coming weeks.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Credit where credit is due... If Furner had anything to do with our improved defence well good on him... we actually looked more desperate today....
Defence was better than usual. But having Burtons massive boot meant cowboys were starting their set deeper down the field. That makes a difference also.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hold back on this applause until we play a team that can actually attack. We were good against an ordinary team. We have some serious teams in the coming weeks.
Yep you are correct. My enthusiasm rivals the team but when serious attacking threats happen our system needs more than enthusiasm

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gus did say it will be fixed one way or another. Hopefully all the staff have had rockets put up them. I'm not convinced until we play a team than can actually attack and isn't experimenting with new halves and combos.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
cowboys were playing 1 out for most of the game to avoid dropping the ball in the conditions are worse than we are in attack, we should've held them to 4 points or less. if we can do the same against parramatta or manly for example, then i'll be impressed with furner. admittedly last years team would've had 20 put on them

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I know that the Cowboys attack is in question. But last year we had a habit of conceding 2-3 tries to teams that couldn't score in a brothel in a suit made of $50 notes.

It was far from a polished game. But the signs are somewhat positive. I have a feeling that some people in here are so scared of getting their hopes up that they'll write off anything positive as a fluke. I'm not going to let pessimism about the coming weeks stop me from being happy we won.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The goal line defence and defence through the middle is a lot better. As was the commitment and effort. But we still have problems defensively on either edge that better teams will likely exploit in the coming weeks.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
cowboys were playing 1 out for most of the game to avoid dropping the ball in the conditions are worse than we are in attack, we should've held them to 4 points or less. if we can do the same against parramatta or manly for example, then i'll be impressed with furner. admittedly last years team would've had 20 put on them
I was thinking along the lines, what if this game was played in cooler, less humid, and slippery conditions, I think we would have seen a fare more expansive attack as it was it needed to be a mistake-free grinding sort of game.
Can't wait to see the squad playing on a dry track...

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
There's still alot of work to do. We're not going to win many games by 6-4, the great attacking genius from Penrith needs to get these guys firing. I know we had disallowed tries but it's still very clunky at this stage.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Defence was better than usual. But having Burtons massive boot meant cowboys were starting their set deeper down the field. That makes a difference also.
Burton deserve free foot massages for life from belmore asian massage. Not only does he do most of the long kicks, but he does the drop outs, kick offs and conversions. Besides the one he shanked every kick had meaning on it. Difference is he shanked 1 from about 15. Difference with the prince is he barley connected on 1 from 15.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There's still alot of work to do. We're not going to win many games by 6-4, the great attacking genius from Penrith needs to get these guys firing. I know we had disallowed tries but it's still very clunky at this stage.
Entire sets with four forwards hitting it up off the hooker on their try line. The genius from Penrith has to come up with something.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Burton deserve free foot massages for life from belmore asian massage. Not only does he do most of the long kicks, but he does the drop outs, kick offs and conversions. Besides the one he shanked every kick had meaning on it. Difference is he shanked 1 from about 15. Difference with the prince is he barley connected on 1 from 15.
Quality player. He’ll make a few mistakes here and there along the way but we are much better off for having him in the team. That was very difficult conditions last night I expect us to get better as the season goes on.