Fullback

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Just sitting here thinking about a fullback for next year. The 3 players that have been our fullback over the last couple years are all reportedly gone next year.

Meaney
Hoppa
DWZ
If Averillo is in fact the plan, why wouldn’t he be trialled already? Is Addo Carr the plan??

Thoughts?
I think JAC will get first shot if he wants it.

Pre-season for the spine is very important and chopping and changing our full back and halves the last three seasons has been a disaster for our attack and defence and we have completely missed the boat every season and started like a busted arse. Then we start 1 and 9 after 10 rounds and the season is gone.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nope... dogs can't talk to him until November.

And there's a reason why he hasn't Re-signed yet.
This
The Pappy oil is real. Trust me.
That isn’t to say he will come, rather than aggro moves are being made by us

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I have. Anyway the big issue is our system, i fucking hate it. Way too reliant on a halfback (we don't have one) and other key players are pretty much shutout of the game for large periods if the halfback isn't consistently performing at a top level. I much prefer the Storms system rather than Penriths.
How’d he go? Would you throw him in there as your starting fullback in 21 with a full pre season?

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This
If we're even thinking of signing Pappy we got to change plan. Go for Ponga. He's more of a match winner anyway. Pappy is now too much of a concussion risk. IF he makes it back on the field and gets another like the recent episode chances are he'll have to retire.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
This
lol another dart board throw, no wonder you cant get a hit with your oily fingers

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think JAC will get first shot if he wants it.

Pre-season for the spine is very important and chopping and changing our full back and halves the last three seasons has been a disaster for our attack and defence and we have completely missed the boat every season and started like a busted arse. Then we start 1 and 9 after 10 rounds and the season is gone.
How do you reckon JAC would go at left centre ?

With the new rules and faster game the centres are now back in the game more. Imagine giving him early ball and the opposition centre having to deal with him.

He played centres as a junior. I would rather him there than fb

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Just sitting here thinking about a fullback for next year. The 3 players that have been our fullback over the last couple years are all reportedly gone next year.

Meaney
Hoppa
DWZ
If Averillo is in fact the plan, why wouldn’t he be trialled already? Is Addo Carr the plan??

Thoughts?
Who says there is a plan??? By the looks of our roster this and next year it will be the same as the last several seasons just chuck someone in there and if they have a bad game drop them and try someone else until they fuck up!

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No one is saying we've signed paps or even that we will end up signing him.

However I too have been told from someone that I find to be quite genuine and credible that a certain someone has been speaking to him about joining the dogs in 2023 among others, and the dogs would like to make him an offer.

I would say Bellamy is concerned about his concussion history and rightly so (that last one was nasty) however if a player like paps hits the market that's a chance I'm willing to take.

I have been told that quite a few storm players are monitoring the Bellamy situation closely as he is not contracted past 2022 and the word is there may be a few players leave when he does.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
No one is saying we've signed paps or even that we will end up signing him.

However I too have been told from someone that I find to be quite genuine and credible that a certain someone has been speaking to him about joining the dogs in 2023 among others, and the dogs would like to make him an offer.

I would say Bellamy is concerned about his concussion history and rightly so (that last one was nasty) however if a player like paps hits the market that's a chance I'm willing to take.

I have been told that quite a few storm players are monitoring the Bellamy situation closely as he is not contracted past 2022 and the word is there may be a few players leave when he does.
its not rocket science, every team in the comp will be offering pappy a contract bar roosters, manly and newcastle if their respective fullbacks remain.
so it is not mail that we are talking to him, more like if you arent you arent doing your job.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Baz will probably end up signing Dylan walker to play 6.. freeing avo for fullback

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
How do you reckon JAC would go at left centre ?

With the new rules and faster game the centres are now back in the game more. Imagine giving him early ball and the opposition centre having to deal with him.

He played centres as a junior. I would rather him there than fb
I think he could play well at left centre.
But hopefully we can utilise his potency at wing or maybe fullback.
I just hope Burton can work some magic when he turns up.
But big ask for the kid.

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fox has been among the best 2 or 3 backs in the comp over the last couple of years. He must get first go. Give him at least the first ten weeks.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
If we're even thinking of signing Pappy we got to change plan. Go for Ponga. He's more of a match winner anyway. Pappy is now too much of a concussion risk. IF he makes it back on the field and gets another like the recent episode chances are he'll have to retire.
Ponga was almost a done deal 3 years ago. Rushton promised us first shot at him or latrell, then the players relationship with the agent went to shit

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
If he becomes a concussion risk and retires we simply medically retire him

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
its not rocket science, every team in the comp will be offering pappy a contract bar roosters, manly and newcastle if their respective fullbacks remain.
so it is not mail that we are talking to him, more like if you arent you arent doing your job.
I told u ages ago we have been talking to him / offering over a mil

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
So it’s oil but not enough of a surprise for you to be worthwhile.

You must love a good movie plot twist.