Fullback

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Doesn’t look fast enough or willing to put his body on the line. Probably needs to add a little bit more size and speed somehow.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That's a good point about smaller players but if Meaney was anywhere near as good, skilled or electric as those players then it wouldn't be an issue. Meaney isn't anywhere near the level of talent of Barba and Bowen.
Agree. But hes the best option with what we have.
Hopoate is pedestrian and has defensive issues, DWZ is better than Hopoate but also has some issues.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hoppa will be 1st choice if will get a centre

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Finally he is playing in his proper position. I think he is our best option. safe with the bombs, his defence and running the ball needs to improve hopefully Baz will work on him

Farcanrefs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hoppa will be 1st choice if will get a centre
What do you mean if we get a centre Davey? In your thread titled 100% you said we were getting a centre 100%!!!! So has that fallen through or are you talking shite like Nasheed?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm sorry but Meaney will never be the answer at fullback and unless Averillo is, we need to recruit one for next year.

Meaney's defence is weak, he gets manhandled on kick returns, his positional play is shocking at times and he's often caught off guard or shows lack of urgency/toughness in loose ball/chase situations... He's just not good enough to be a full time fullback.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hoppa has the footy smarts but not the speed, Meaney has the speed but not the footy smarts.

Sad thing is Melbourne's third choice fullback is probably better than our options.
I think Hynes is off contract.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Daine Laurie the young kid that came on at the end for Penrith is a fullback and as is at this point behind Edwards, Stains, Aikens. I dare say he's one that Barrett will bring with him especially considering Panthers backline is stacked and still has To'o out injured

Last edited:

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Daine Laurie the young kid that came on at the end for Penrith is a fullback and as is at this point behind Edwards, Stains, Aikens. I dare say he's one that Barrett will bring with him especially considering Panthers backline is stacked and still has To'o out injured
Haven't watched a Riff game in a while, when I saw that name on the bench I thought it was the tigers/penrith prop from like, 2010

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Haven't watched a Riff game in a while, when I saw that name on the bench I thought it was the tigers/penrith prop from like, 2010
Yeah haha what an enigma that bloke was.