Fullback Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sucked in Broncos that's Karma. Let's hope the Hoff walks and walks straight into Belmore

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its awesome all our boys are with him on tour hell be so tight with them now

Ndawai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope he realises the opportunity by being coached by Des Hasler, instead of the pretender at Canberra.
Ricky Stuart went to a Halloween Ball dressed as a pumpkin, At midnight he still didnt turn into a coach! lol

Dog Till I Die

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm interviewing Raelene in Perth today. I'll put the Hoff/Naughton options to her!

Bulldogjem

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ok so broncos are saying they won't let hoffman go, and quite a few people are saying he's already talking to the bulldogs and working out money issues . So what's really going on? Do the broncos want to keep it on the down low or are they really not releasing him . Dakar ????

MrNiceGuy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ok so broncos are saying they won't let hoffman go, and quite a few people are saying he's already talking to the bulldogs and working out money issues . So what's really going on? Do the broncos want to keep it on the down low or are they really not releasing him . Dakar ????
They are doing EXACTLY what the Dogs did with Penny 'The mess' Barba.. Just trying to get more $$$

doggies_92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
troll / dupe account alert!
I don't even know what that means, soz guys if the mbye statement was so offensive to you, just an idea,
Joined this site just to talk some footy, didn't think dogs fans would treat people so sh**

cheers to the others though for the back up

Bulldogjem

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
They are doing EXACTLY what the Dogs did with Penny 'The mess' Barba.. Just trying to get more $$$
Thought so ! Just pay whatever it takes to get him. There really is no other option . If we can pay trex a ridiculous amount of money to get him I'm sure we are desperate enough to get a fullback on board . The waiting game is the hardest part . See what happens I guess . IInteresting enough that Hoffman had a Instagram aaccount that was deleted and a new one made up with nothing involving the broncos ? Maybe a sign ? Hopefully

MrNiceGuy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Thought so ! Just pay whatever it takes to get him. There really is no other option . If we can pay trex a ridiculous amount of money to get him I'm sure we are desperate enough to get a fullback on board . The waiting game is the hardest part . See what happens I guess . IInteresting enough that Hoffman had a Instagram aaccount that was deleted and a new one made up with nothing involving the broncos ? Maybe a sign ? Hopefully
Interesting!

If you think about it.. put yourself in Hoffman's shoes. He won the 2010 fullback of the year for the Broncos... Griffin PROMISED him the fullback position for the 2014 season which is a LIE and now Hodges bags him out in public. If I was Hoffman I would be filthy and furious, and would be thinking to get revenge next year when its the Bulldogs vs Broncos. Plus if he was going nowhere he would've announced it on twitter like Hayne and Locke did.

The only party playing hard right now is Brisbane, they want to make the Bulldogs life harder now that WE want their 'Fullback'.

I am honestly very pumped right now, we get Hoffman and he will work his ASS off to be at his best. With Des and the kiwi boys behind him (Who hate Barba), he is going to give each game 110%.

Bulldogjem

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Interesting!

If you think about it.. put yourself in Hoffman's shoes. He won the 2010 fullback of the year for the Broncos... Griffin PROMISED him the fullback position for the 2014 season which is a LIE and now Hodges bags him out in public. If I was Hoffman I would be filthy and furious, and would be thinking to get revenge next year when its the Bulldogs vs Broncos. Plus if he was going nowhere he would've announced it on twitter like Hayne and Locke did.

The only party playing hard right now is Brisbane, they want to make the Bulldogs life harder now that WE want their 'Fullback'.

I am honestly very pumped right now, we get Hoffman and he will work his ASS off to be at his best. With Des and the kiwi boys behind him (Who hate Barba), he is going to give each game 110%.
I think everyone's pumped and just waiting for it to be official ! Imagine hoffman killing it and barba being a one year wonder . Lol! That would be my highlight of the season.

MrNiceGuy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think everyone's pumped and just waiting for it to be official ! Imagine hoffman killing it and barba being a one year wonder . Lol! That would be my highlight of the season.
What I want is to see the Broncos NOT make the top 8 and the Dogs top 4... now THAT will be good to see.

Reaction score
we all heard hodges talk about hoffman, but can anyone ever recall a player talking to the media about a team mate like this before, I can't, and I think hodges is a cat for doing this sort of thing

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Found a clip on youtube which features Curtis Naughton.

Fast forward to 1:54 mins he scores great try from nothing, I could imagine Jmoz running on the outside. ( this kids has some serious footwork- reminds me of another General)

also look at 2:39 he sets up a great try with a tricky left hand pass to the winger. not many players can make those accurate passes.

Look at 9:12 he scores an AWESOME try!! man this kid has footwork!

hope this helps

[video=youtube_share;MG3j7e56nqc]http://youtu.be/MG3j7e56nqc[/video]
That is impressive footwork he floats and steps, it is pretty good to watch haha

HaceDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
That is impressive footwork he floats and steps, it is pretty good to watch haha[/QUOTE
It is 9's, easy to look good with 4 less players on the field. Also that pass is nothing to cream about!

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
we all heard hodges talk about hoffman, but can anyone ever recall a player talking to the media about a team mate like this before, I can't, and I think hodges is a cat for doing this sort of thing
It is very odd for a team mate to publicly put you down saying you aren't good enough for your desired position and that article makes it sound like Hoffman really wants out now.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
That is impressive footwork he floats and steps, it is pretty good to watch haha[/QUOTE
It is 9's, easy to look good with 4 less players on the field. Also that pass is nothing to cream about!
Yep, people are so desperate for a fullback signing they are seeing what they want to see... Some would see a bucket of piss and call it champagne at the moment.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Not commenting on the plays in question....haven't had a chance to watch the clip yet tbh, but you don't need a full compliment of players on the field to tell if someone has a good sidestep...a sidestep is a sidestep and technique is technique....hth

HaceDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Not commenting on the plays in question....haven't had a chance to watch the clip yet tbh, but you don't need a full compliment of players on the field to tell if someone has a good sidestep...a sidestep is a sidestep and technique is technique....hth
I remember people creaming about the Aaron Groom vids on you tube. That turned out well! I am not saying we shouldn't sign him, to play first grade (even in England) at 18 says you have something. I am just saying don't get excited about a video where the guy side steps into a huge gap in 9's footy.

Status
Not open for further replies.