Fullback Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
Was the Foran thing a total fabrication?
Yes. This time it is.

We were going to sign him in 2012, and he would have been playing in the halves with Reynolds...the whole negotiation process got played out in public..and Foran and his management hit panic mode at that time.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The second signing isnt a confirmed thing. More or so a decent chance. First signing is almost done deal.

Lurker and moley get a lot of their info from social media networks.
To those refering to us as BS talkers...you are more than welcome to use the x button located on the top of your screens. Myself, blue and white, tg and dakar are not here to make mates..and its not something that represents us. There may be on ocassion when things change, as when hoppa was close to signing, but we only provide the info thats given to us provided at that particular time. We provide it to you guys, to re assure you guys that our club is making great progress on securing a fullback, and the other signing we spoke about.
In this case I think they got the info from the "5th and Last NRL Podcast". On the one last Wednesday Mr Gossip said pretty much everything that has been said here about the Hoffman/Bulldogs thing.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why do u think the broncos just signed vidot and mills. They already have reed, copely, maranta, oates, hodges to return, kahu whom they kept from cronulla signing on big money. Take the hint hoff, ur not wanted at the donkeys!!!

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
ISRAEL FOLAU, just saying strange things can happen
Israel Folau won't be coming to the dogs. I can tell you that he verbally agreed to come to the dogs but was surprised at how well he did in rugby and union stepped up their bid as Greenburg left the club which ultimately broke down negotiations between the dogs and Folau as Greenburg is close with Folau's management.

MrNiceGuy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ive been hearing the dogs are in talks with 4 other players.. and no not Hoffman..

Anything can happen at this stage. By the looks of things we will have 1 signing before the world cup and 1 after.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
It seems as tho there is a lot of excitement around signing Hoffman. Better than no one i guess.
But has anyone thought about what he will bring to the team on the field.
He is not in the top flight of fullbacks in the nrl. he is rock solid and tries his heart out but he is not the game breaker barba was in 2012.

should we really be that excited about his signing.
if o'connor is the possible 2nd signing he is untried in nrl and a risk.
if fergo comes he can play no doubt, in fact he is a gun player but brings a lot of baggage.

it kind of feels like the dogs are left picking at scraps.

Your spot on. If we had've been told that Hoffman would be our fullback at the start of 2013 people would have been livid on here.
The disappointment of losing Barba, and not getting Folau, Hayne and Hopoate, has obviously dropped peoples standards of who should be our fullback.

Dakar

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think given the fact we left ourselves hi and dry with no fullback replacement then we must have got some very good compensation.. the Bronco are the most profitable club in the NRL
Thats true they are the most profitable. ...its more an eye for an eye...broncos offered the dogs a straight swap.. dogs and hoffman refused...at that they were confident of getting either hayne or hopa....and broncos assured hoff that his services will remain requured and position open for him if he chooses to remain at the broncos...however that never eventuated.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Thats true they are the most profitable. ...its more an eye for an eye...broncos offered the dogs a straight swap.. dogs and hoffman refused...at that they were confident of getting either hayne or hopa....and broncos assured hoff that his services will remain requured and position open for him if he chooses to remain at the broncos...however that never eventuated.
LOL hoffman refused to come to the dogs in a straight swap. He should count himself lucky the dogs would have offered him a spot anyway. He would not be in the top 10 fullbacks in the game.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL hoffman refused to come to the dogs in a straight swap. He should count himself lucky the dogs would have offered him a spot anyway. He would not be in the top 10 fullbacks in the game.
He's the kiwi first choice fullback and he's not your top 10

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
YEh **** hoffman,

Lets go with Drury Low. He is the best ****ing full back.

Said no one, ever.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
YEh **** hoffman,

Lets go with Drury Low. He is the best ****ing full back.

Said no one, ever.
I still don't understand why we don't go with Morris. Sure he's crap in positional play in defense, not fit enough for the role and struggles with the set plays in attack and an excellent centre but... where was I?

silva

Utility
Reaction score
If the dogs sign Hoffman, give him 1 year with an option to extend based on form. If a quality fullback becomes available next year we can still snap him up.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Sure lets sign someone whose obviously got no respect for the club

silva

Utility
Reaction score
I still don't understand why we don't go with Morris. Sure he's crap in positional play in defense, not fit enough for the role and struggles with the set plays in attack and an excellent centre but... where was I?
Where were you when Morris killed it against the raiders in like his second game at fullback.
Hoffman isnt fit to clean Morris' boots..Ill give ya the hot tip

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ok so if I'm to believe that 1 of the new signings will happen before the world cup well that means that by next Friday we'll have our answer and then Our source can finally reveal who it is :grinning: LOL

Unless of course there's some breakdown in contractual negotiations then we'll have to just wait longer:~|

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Where were you when Morris killed it against the raiders in like his second game at fullback.
Hoffman isnt fit to clean Morris' boots..Ill give ya the hot tip
He was great in that game, unfortunately he was a defensive liability in every other game. Often out of position and looked exhausted.

Morris is a great player but he's not a fullback.

Status
Not open for further replies.