News Full NRL Draw 2023

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are having a pre-season tournament now aren't they, I'm not sure if there would be trials if that's the case
Games vs Raiders and Sharks, all games will be on Fox and apparently betting will be available

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to see an origin camp for, say 3 weeks max. Get on with it, even if the comp stops for a mid season break.
I agree with this.

I think the Origin should actually be pushed back a few weeks though. With the NRL stopping for 4 weeks. Playing Origin and other Rep games in this period.

I would like to see everyone play each other once in a full true draw of competition. Before Origin.

Playing the same team twice in the space of a few weeks and maybe not playing another team until the last round is ridiculous.

After origin the new draw should be worked out by where the teams finished after everyone played each other once. Odds play twice each and evens play twice each.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree with this.

I think the Origin should actually be pushed back a few weeks though. With the NRL stopping for 4 weeks. Playing Origin and other Rep games in this period.

I would like to see everyone play each other once in a full true draw of competition. Before Origin.

Playing the same team twice in the space of a few weeks and maybe not playing another team until the last round is ridiculous.

After origin the new draw should be worked out by where the teams finished after everyone played each other once. Odds play twice each and evens play twice each.
That would make it "fairer", and i think add a bit of excitement in the post origin period. Logistically it would provide some challenges.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That would make it "fairer", and i think add a bit of excitement in the post origin period. Logistically it would provide some challenges.
It would have some logistical challenges. But the way its done at the moment is not close to a fair even system. They would have a month to get it sorted.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'd like to see an origin camp for, say 3 weeks max. Get on with it, even if the comp stops for a mid-season break.
Probably not feasible with 17 teams. So, maybe '25 or '26 with an 18th team.
Something like:
February: 4 rounds of pre-season fixtures (competition or trials or combo of both). Modest prize money that can be added to a club's cap.
1st two weeks of March off...
Then, a 21 round comp broken into two sections around a 4 week rep break.
Mid-March: Rounds 1-3
April: Rounds 4-7
May: Rounds 8-12 (Outside Top 30 available for selection from Round 8 - Start of May)
Jun (Rep Carnival Month): Four weekends off NRL regular season, featuring...
* Origin on the three middle Wednesdays
* Women's Origin on three middle Thursdays
* 4-week South Pacific Cup on Fridays / Saturdays (NZ, Samoa, Tonga, Fiji, Cook Islands, PNG - Two Pool games in first two weeks, SF week 3, and Final Week 4) - Prize money for development of game in those countries.
* National U'20s Knockout comp Saturdays/Sundays for four weeks.
Interclub player trading window between 1st and 2nd parts of NRL season (from 9am the day after completion of Round 12, finalised by 5pm the day before round 13 starts).
Jul: Rounds 13-16
Aug: Round 17 (each team to play each other once before any repeat game is scheduled).
Aug Remainder): Rounds 18-21 (play four teams twice).
Sep: Finals
Oct: Grand Final

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Poor Bunnies! :rage:

The Mole:

Clubs fume at NRL draw
Plenty of clubs are fuming over the recently released NRL draw, with South Sydney up near the top of the list.

All clubs want to start the season with a home game as it gives you a better chance of a winning start to the season and also tends to bring in a healthy crowd of footy-starved fans.

But for the third straight year, Souths will start the new campaign on the road - and with a tough game against the dangerous Cronulla Sharks at that.

The Bunnies will lobby the NRL in 12 months' time for a home game to start 2024. It only seems fair after three straight away round one matches.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Easy win. Blacktown are dogshit and have been for ages