Opinion Full Metal Racket // Short Fast Loud

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Undecided if I'll see Ghost or not (will probably depend on the new album due out in about a months time), but am heading to Horden to see The Used, Papa Roach and Coldrain on Friday night.

Haven't seen them in yonks, so should be interesting to see if Jacoby has the pipes for a full show still, as they've been given about an hour and a half before The Used come on.

Not really big on The Used. Have heard Coldrain before and they aren't bad.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Undecided if I'll see Ghost or not (will probably depend on the new album due out in about a months time), but am heading to Horden to see The Used, Papa Roach and Coldrain on Friday night.

Haven't seen them in yonks, so should be interesting to see if Jacoby has the pipes for a full show still, as they've been given about an hour and a half before The Used come on.

Not really big on The Used. Have heard Coldrain before and they aren't bad.

Ewww. Papa Roach?

Honestly, I loved them when they started. Then they slowly developed into this weird, terrible emo band. But.. I guess that's where they were always heading. And playing with The Used just solidifies it.

Not that I'm one to talk. My upcoming gigs are:

- Thy Art is Murder, Justice for the Damned, To the Grave in Gosford

- Vader, Hate, Thy Disease in Sydney

- Babymetal in Sydney

- Thornhill in Gosford

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ewww. Papa Roach?

Honestly, I loved them when they started. Then they slowly developed into this weird, terrible emo band. But.. I guess that's where they were always heading. And playing with The Used just solidifies it.

- Babymetal in Sydney

- Thornhill in Gosford
That Gosford show sounds sick

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ewww. Papa Roach?

They had a couple of solid albums. Infest, Love Hate Tragedy, and Getting Away with Murder were all insanely good albums that I consider timeless.

Metamorphasis is when they kinda went shit, The Connection as well as F.E.A.R only made things worse.

Crooked Teeth wasn't as bad as the previous 3 but still not that great.

Who Do You Trust? however they scrapped ideas and went back to their roots, and it's an excellent album.

Ego Trip has a few absolute shockers on it, and doesn't live up to how good WDYT was.

Might not stay for The Used, they'd always been a bit too emo.

Ted Nü-Djent

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ewww. Papa Roach?

- Babymetal in Sydney

- Thornhill in Gosford
I've got coming up
Ghost (obviously)
L7
The Damned
Exhumed
Last Podcast On The Left (not a gig as such but still)
I'm thinking about going to see END as well (ex members of Dillinger and a few other bands) . Only $40 a ticket in Newcastle the same night as Baby Metal

Ted Nü-Djent

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got coming up
Ghost (obviously)
L7
The Damned
Exhumed
Last Podcast On The Left (not a gig as such but still)
I'm thinking about going to see END as well (ex members of Dillinger and a few other bands) . Only $40 a ticket in Newcastle the same night as Baby Metal
I forgot Hymns For The Dead at Dark Mofo with Dødheimsgard, Zuriaake, Uada and Haunter. I might see Deafheaven while I'm there too

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Spent all morning making a racket on all 4 of these bad boys this morning.

Absolutely best way to unwind and clear the mind after a long working week.

Just 4 of 11 guitars currently in the house, haha. I know, I have problems, but each one is tuned and set up differently for different songs

20230520_135540.jpg

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The more I listen to it, the more it grows on me. But there's still so much I hate about it. Mainly the lyrics...

"Keep me inside, my name is suicide.."

"So tight. This crown. So tight. This crown. So tight this crownnn"

"If darkness had a son, here I am. I bath in Holy Water"

Not to mention that some tracks are just plain stupid. Lux Aeterna. The term means "Eternal Light" and is reference to God. So why is he singing about driving really fast in a "I want another Fuel" track. Or Crown of Barbed Wire, because Crown of Thorns has been done too many times.
James has never been the best lyricist. I still find myself giggling at some of the lyrics from their previous works like frantic from st anger "frantic tick tick tick tick tok"
"my lifestyle determines my deathstyle" and hardwired from hardwired to self destruct "we're so fucked, shit out of luck hard wired to self destruct"

Poetry :tearsofjoy:

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Spent all morning making a racket on all 4 of these bad boys this morning.

Absolutely best way to unwind and clear the mind after a long working week.

Just 4 of 11 guitars currently in the house, haha. I know, I have problems, but each one is tuned and set up differently for different songs

View attachment 71951
Not alone..

I currently have 10 in house after giving another 7 string to mate lol

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Not alone..

I currently have 10 in house after giving another 7 string to mate lol
7 string is the next one on the list of guitars to add to the collection.

What guitars have you got in your collection currently