Opinion Full Metal Racket // Short Fast Loud

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not metal, but who cares ZZ TOP are cool as shit and ill post it anyway.
That's from the zz top doco on Netflix little old band from Texas it's a brilliant watch, I was in tears when they started they were just mucking around with covers , they ended up opening up for Jimmy Hendrix and played a set of Hendrix songs ,lol apparently jimmy come up to them and called them checky bastards lol

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's from the zz top doco on Netflix little old band from Texas it's a brilliant watch, I was in tears when they started they were just mucking around with covers , they ended up opening up for Jimmy Hendrix and played a set of Hendrix songs ,lol apparently jimmy come up to them and called them checky bastards lol
Yeah mate I've the doco, it's a good watch.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Iron Maiden's new album came out yesterday. Listened to about half of it so far. I'm liking it. Much better than the last 2 albums. I still think Bruce's voice is a bit off like the last few albums, but the music is solid

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Some recently new released tracks to check that have been in my rotation.

Orbit Culture. I've been shouting these guys out on here for a while now. Solid as always.

Carcass. Still doing their thing!

Slaughter To Prevail. The Russian's go hard, then even harder.

Jiluka. Japanese band whose song in one word would be chaotic. Not sure what genre you would put it under as they use about 5 different ones, which is also about the same number of breakdowns throughout.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Some recently new released tracks to check that have been in my rotation.

Orbit Culture. I've been shouting these guys out on here for a while now. Solid as always.

Carcass. Still doing their thing!

Slaughter To Prevail. The Russian's go hard, then even harder.

Jiluka. Japanese band whose song in one word would be chaotic. Not sure what genre you would put it under as they use about 5 different ones, which is also about the same number of breakdowns throughout.

Carcass!!!!!!!!

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
New AILD - apparently Nick’s last contribution and has now left the band, can only imagine he is still hating on Lambesis - sweet track though!

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I can’t get into any new AILD. It’s heavy and they are good, but there’s something about it thay just doesn’t do it for me.

The best song they ever put out was Within Destruction.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
On a random Alissa White-Gluz bender, and I forgot this excellent tune exists

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Every few months I'll do this. Go on a random Alissa binge, fall in love with her all over again, then remember that she's a bit of a bitch and she's vegan

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Every few months I'll do this. Go on a random Alissa binge, fall in love with her all over again, then remember that she's a bit of a bitch and she's vegan
I had a thing for her when i first came across her while she was in The Agonist. But, as you mentioned she is a bit of a bitch and vegan, so turned off her. Talking of The Agonist, Vikki, their lead singer now has actually gotten so much better since joining.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I had a thing for her when i first came across her while she was in The Agonist. But, as you mentioned she is a bit of a bitch and vegan, so turned off her. Talking of The Agonist, Vikki, their lead singer now has actually gotten so much better since joining.
Better at singing? Yeah. I love her recent stuff. But she's also got a lot bigger since joining.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Actually, in their most recent clip it looks like she's dropped a few kilos and thrown on a garter belt