Opinion Full Metal Racket // Short Fast Loud

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Saw Metallica Through the Never in 3D at IMAX last night. Bloody brilliant. The story was pretty cool but just strapped on. The most part was concert which was excellent.
I thought the story was really stupid but I took a few beers in and treated it like a gig and had a good time.

Metallica are the best live band out there, hands down. If they somehow managed to turn the Through the Never stage show into a real thing, wow that would be impressive.

To the people saying they are full of themselves, I couldn't disagree more. So what if Metallica is more than a band? Good on them for being able to successfully make an entire brand out of the band. Their story is so interesting and what they have accomplished is nothing short of amazing.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought the story was really stupid but I took a few beers in and treated it like a gig and had a good time.

Metallica are the best live band out there, hands down. If they somehow managed to turn the Through the Never stage show into a real thing, wow that would be impressive.

To the people saying they are full of themselves, I couldn't disagree more. So what if Metallica is more than a band? Good on them for being able to successfully make an entire brand out of the band. Their story is so interesting and what they have accomplished is nothing short of amazing.
I'm pretty sure the only reason they put the story on is so they could sell it as a movie and not a recording of a live concert. Still think it was brilliant and as I said, regardless of whatever MetallicA is still my favourite band. They raised me and I'm still loving their music (load, part of reload and most of Saint Anger not included )

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Lars still sux lol. Honestly, the whole selling our leftover riffs thing is fukn lame. They haven't written a good album since black so what makes them think ppl would even want them. It just comes off as being desperate

Papa Emeritus

Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone rememebr when I mentioned this band? If you like Cog, Mammal, Karnivool kind of bands, this will be right up your alley. The album drops tomorrow but you can stream it right now below.

I haven't listened yet though, I only know this song from the vid.

[video=youtube;G40XcJanFqo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G40XcJanFqo[/video]

http://themusic.com.au/news/all/201...from-ex-mammal-cog-pre-shrunk-band-the-nerve/

EXCLUSIVE: Hear The Debut From Ex-Mammal, Cog, Pre-Shrunk Band The Nerve
14 November, 2013

Staff Writer

It wasn’t very long ago that we first heard that Ezekiel Ox (ex-Full Scale, Mammal), Lucius Borich (ex-Cog), Davarj Thomas (ex Pre-Shrunk)and virtuosic guitarist Glenn Proudfoot had put together a new band called The Nerve, but they’ve been mighty busy in that short amount of time.

A spot of touring and a whole heap of writing and recording have been on the cards for most of this year and now they present to us their first album Audiodacity, released through Bird’s Robe Records tomorrow.

Of course, we couldn’t make you wait that long, so we’ve convinced the band to let you have a listen to it before it’s released.

The band are set to hit the road real soon for an enormous album launch tour presented by theMusic.com.au, all the dates are below.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
[video=youtube;RN9NC4iQcsA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RN9NC4iQcsA[/video]

Sorry it ain't metal guys but this songs a ripper. Worth a listen

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone rememebr when I mentioned this band? If you like Cog, Mammal, Karnivool kind of bands, this will be right up your alley. The album drops tomorrow but you can stream it right now below.

I haven't listened yet though, I only know this song from the vid.

[video=youtube;G40XcJanFqo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G40XcJanFqo[/video]

http://themusic.com.au/news/all/201...from-ex-mammal-cog-pre-shrunk-band-the-nerve/
Man that ****ing blew my head off! **** yea!! Definitely getting this. ****ing guitar work was insane!

Papa Emeritus

Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Man that ****ing blew my head off! **** yea!! Definitely getting this. ****ing guitar work was insane!
Glad you liked it. I listened to the full album a couple of times now and it is really good :grinning:

col of birchmen

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have never listened to Lost Prophets but this Ian Watkins sounds like one of the sickest people on the planet and should be castrated immediately.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Have never listened to Lost Prophets but this Ian Watkins sounds like one of the sickest people on the planet and should be castrated immediately.
If they don't castrate him in prison, he'll cop something even worse.

Vargster

Moderfaker
Reaction score

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ladies, Gentlemen.. if you aren't already aware, allow me to introduce you to Gemini Syndrome.

Debut album Lux is out, and it is a solid debut album.

Interesting that the bands frontman (he refers to himself as a "Messenger") was born with albinism and was vocally trained by someone who has toured with Pavarotti, and his mother is a big band/gospel singer. Rest of the band's look really fits into the numetal/metal genre. You know, the type that instantly scream "member of evolving metal band".

So who are they like: A little like Tool/Perfect Circle, a little like Five Finger Death Punch, a little like the more melodic side of Godsmack, and vocals a little like Scooter Ward from Cold.

Anyway take a listen. Probably album takes a few listens to grow on you, but for me, it's definitely up there for best debut release this year.

Enjoy!!

:headbange

[video=youtube;nvsgYBDKpOs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvsgYBDKpOs[/video]

[video=youtube;lMmnl2Gs_Ho]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMmnl2Gs_Ho[/video]
Wow I really dig that. Singers voice is really cool and the sludgy guitar riffs sound cool. Is it on iTunes?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Not sure .. I get all my albums from Amazon because I dont have an itunes/ipod, etc.

$7.99 album .. F YEH! :D

But theres a little trick to it as you can't buy MP3s from amazon as an aussie ;)

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
[video=youtube;aMorAdnCixg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMorAdnCixg[/video]

col of birchmen

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has this thread has ever had an album of the year post before?, how's about we have one for 2013 considering the year is almost up. For me i cant cant go past TesseracT - Altered State, such a pleasure to listen to. How bout the rest of ya? What's your album of the year?

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has this thread has ever had an album of the year post before?, how's about we have one for 2013 considering the year is almost up. For me i cant cant go past TesseracT - Altered State, such a pleasure to listen to. How bout the rest of ya? What's your album of the year?
I was doing album of the year with friends the other day.

1. The Winery Dogs
2. Dream Theater
3. TesseracT
4. Tritium
5.?

Those 4 were on heavy rotation all year

col of birchmen

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. TesseracT
2. Born of Osiris
3. Killswitch Engage
4. Ghost
5. Sevendust

- Also Kvelertak, Avenged Sevenfold, BMTH, Dream Theater and Soulfly put out decent stuff imo.
- Havent listened properly to Dead Letter Circus, Stone Sour, Carcass, Protest the Hero, Satyricon and Scale the Summit yet.
- Trivium and Megadeth biggest disappointments for me.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Killswitch, ghost and osiris were great too.
Really likes scale the summit too. Karnivool was probably my biggest disappointment. Not up to their standards and production was rubbish

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
1. Killswitch Engage
2. Trivium
3. Stone Sour
4. Soulfly
5. Tesseract

All in all the year was a disappointment in general. It ended up being me searching for some new music to listen to like these guys...

[video=youtube_share;fkTTFTRrfp4]http://youtu.be/fkTTFTRrfp4[/video]

Japanese Punk Metal, it's as funny as it is good.