Opinion Full Metal Racket // Short Fast Loud

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Megadeath, Testament, Living Color average?
You must be a Gen Y punter Mitch! ha ha

New Letlive is amazing though - Jason is one hell of a frontman.
Guilty lol.

letlive. is f*cking great.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
At least 13 bands I'd like to see in the line up. Never heard of Letlive before this, just checked out their music and they sound pretty bloody good.

FFDP is the big one for me. Megadeath are always great. Wouldn't mind seeing Ill Nino live. They have some great music but their studio mixing makes it sound very messy and ruins what could otherwise be great music.

Another band I'd never heard of before. Skindred. Very good sound. Reggae Roots Metal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
New Devildriver album is pretty damn good.

mantissa

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Can't wait to see Devildriver, agree Gareth new album is friggin awesome

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
That they were. Killing Time. :grinning:
"Land of the Living" such a great song.

And Nina on bass - most metal heads would've loved a bit of Nina :grinning:

New Balance and Composure album out - The Things We Think We're Missing = top shelf!!
For anyone who liked some 90's grunge, I think would like this.
Will be my AOTY...

Also noticed 12ft Ninja scored the Periphery support slots in the US - big coup for them!

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Land of the Living" such a great song.

And Nina on bass - most metal heads would've loved a bit of Nina :grinning:

New Balance and Composure album out - The Things We Think We're Missing = top shelf!!
For anyone who liked some 90's grunge, I think would like this.
Will be my AOTY...

Also noticed 12ft Ninja scored the Periphery support slots in the US - big coup for them!
Yea and dead letter Circus too. What a show that would be

Vargster

Moderfaker
Reaction score
Saw DLC in Syd the other night - Always a solid show, although I remember them being a little crisper last time I saw them live. Bit of poor mixing maybe.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Giving 'King Me' by LOG an absolute thrashing right now. Song is so fcking huge.

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
Hey guys. Anyone down Canberra way - we're playing The Basement tonight with The Acid Monkeys, The VeeBees and 51 percent. Come have a beer.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
New Korn album leaked. When they released Never Never I was disappointed then I heard Love & Meth and it tickled my ball fro and got my hopes up...

Been listening to the album all night. It's ****ing great. Never Never is the low point but the rest of the album is so good. Best album since Follow The Leader.

Still abit of electronics throughout but it doesn't take away from the tracks.

Well done you old assholes. Stoked.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I've only listened to love & meth but have to agree. Never never is horrible but it was obviously sold for airplay, heck I heard it a few times on triple M. Love &Meth is very reminiscent of old school Korn, just a little more relaxed on the bass and drop D.

UPDATE:
Been listening to the album. It's good but it doesn't have a whole lot of depth. I'm enjoying it now but it kind of feels like I'll get bored of it quickly and it's definitely not Korn. It's missing that heavy bass and randomness.

For now though, I am enjoying it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
New Trivium album is excellent. It's lacking the depth of Shogun but has a more traditional sound. Kind of like In Waves only good. A lot less scream/death than In Waves, more traditional rock/metal sounding.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
New trivium fukn slays! Album of the year hands down. Songwriting is on a whole new level. Production is perfect. Fukn love it. Heafy really hit the nail on the head with his vocals too

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
New trivium fukn slays! Album of the year hands down. Songwriting is on a whole new level. Production is perfect. Fukn love it. Heafy really hit the nail on the head with his vocals too
Overall I think Shogun is slightly ahead of it but the vocals are the best I've heard from Trivium.

I was a little worried about the album because I got all hyped up for In Waves and the album was rubbish.