Opinion Full Metal Racket // Short Fast Loud

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If marylin mansons career wasn't already dead .it's 6 ft under now he's fucked
The allegations are pretty damning if true, however reading the claims, there appears to be a lot of holes in the story, and one has to wonder why she apparently kept going back to him despite previous abuse.

The real thing that will prove if its legit or not, is the claim that a band member at the time observed it happen the first time around.

He's always been a bit strange, but I'm not sure if he's guilty of that sort of thing.

I remember seeing him many moons ago though at Soundwave and he was absolutely fucked. He could barely stand up and string a sentence together.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The allegations are pretty damning if true, however reading the claims, there appears to be a lot of holes in the story, and one has to wonder why she apparently kept going back to him despite previous abuse.

The real thing that will prove if its legit or not, is the claim that a band member at the time observed it happen the first time around.

He's always been a bit strange, but I'm not sure if he's guilty of that sort of thing.

I remember seeing him many moons ago though at Soundwave and he was absolutely fucked. He could barely stand up and string a sentence together.
I was at that one. I remember he walked off stage halfway through a song and disappeared for about 30 minutes.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's true. A bunch of women have come forward saying that he abused them, including Evan Rachel Wood.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

I'm a bit dusty I'll go back and read his book, but I'm sure the was shit In it bragging about boardaline rape if not rape, a lot of 15 year old messed up girls adored him in the mid 90s , he would of manipulated lots of them, I'm actually suprised there's not a lot more coming out. Dude from Aerosmith has gone back " to rehab " after allegations, Jimmy page fucked a 14 year old girl. Thinking bout it old mate from the chillis fucked a lot of borderline legal chick's suprised he hasn't been grilled.
I'd be lucky now if I started a band and got famous because my youngest groupie would be 50 something and if I got me tooed it wouldn't hold up in court because the old tart would have dementia

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at that one. I remember he walked off stage halfway through a song and disappeared for about 30 minutes.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's true. A bunch of women have come forward saying that he abused them, including Evan Rachel Wood.
Yep that was the one. I think that was the same soundwave where Slash came out and played alongside Alterbridge for a song or two.

Forgot about ERW. There certainly is a lot of noise about it, and when allegations start to pile up you have to consider truth to the matter. Was watching a documentary on Jimmy Saville a while back and it was frightening how easily some of them convinced kids to do things. He was a real piece of work though because many things he did in his career were deliberately to stay in close access to children (or prevent them from outing him).

Dude from Aerosmith has gone back " to rehab " after allegations, Jimmy page fucked a 14 year old girl. Thinking bout it old mate from the chillis fucked a lot of borderline legal chick's suprised he hasn't been grilled.
I guess in this day and age with cameras and social media it probably happens a lot less, but certainly in the 80s and 90s I'm of no doubt it was still happening, and they probably thought it would never see the light of day.

Just read up on Steve Tyler. Fark he didn't even try to hide it. "Stevies come undone... Stevies come undone... his peen he used for fun.. with allegations he's no doubt done.... so what did ol' Stevie do.. he put a baby inside you.. "

Yeah Anthony Kiedes (sp?) admitted it yet somehow has escaped scrutiny. He was 23 and she was 14.

On the flipside both Trent Reznor and Maynard James Keenan have copped allegations both which turned out to be false.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep that was the one. I think that was the same soundwave where Slash came out and played alongside Alterbridge for a song or two.

Forgot about ERW. There certainly is a lot of noise about it, and when allegations start to pile up you have to consider truth to the matter. Was watching a documentary on Jimmy Saville a while back and it was frightening how easily some of them convinced kids to do things. He was a real piece of work though because many things he did in his career were deliberately to stay in close access to children (or prevent them from outing him).
I remember talking to a few mates who were working security for Tool back in the late 90's. At the time they said that Tool would get the security guards to go out into the crowd to look for chicks that were around 18, then ask them if they are willing to sleep with the band, then bring them back stage. But they weren't allowed to warn them about what was going to happen. These guys did anyway. They would go out in the crowd, find them young women and say, "Tool want to meet you backstage and they want to sleep with you. But you should know that everytime they do it, they get you drunk enough that you're not paying attention then they stick it in your arse and go to town. Maybe sit this one out"

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I remember talking to a few mates who were working security for Tool back in the late 90's. At the time they said that Tool would get the security guards to go out into the crowd to look for chicks that were around 18, then ask them if they are willing to sleep with the band, then bring them back stage. But they weren't allowed to warn them about what was going to happen. These guys did anyway. They would go out in the crowd, find them young women and say, "Tool want to meet you backstage and they want to sleep with you. But you should know that everytime they do it, they get you drunk enough that you're not paying attention then they stick it in your arse and go to town. Maybe sit this one out"
Hmmm had a freind who was right into a perfect circle, until she was invited backstage lol she left pretty quick and said it was seedy as fuck

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

I guess in this day and age with cameras and social media it probably happens a lot less, but certainly in the 80s and 90s I'm of no doubt it was still happening, and they probably thought it would never see the light of day.

Just read up on Steve Tyler. Fark he didn't even try to hide it. "Stevies come undone... Stevies come undone... his peen he used for fun.. with allegations he's no doubt done.... so what did ol' Stevie do.. he put a baby inside you.. "

Yeah Anthony Kiedes (sp?) admitted it yet somehow has escaped scrutiny. He was 23 and she was 14.

On the flipside both Trent Reznor and Maynard James Keenan have copped allegations both which turned out to be false.
What was that emo band where the singer lined up a fan to let him fuck her toddler or something? He doing life in jail

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
What was that emo band where the singer lined up a fan to let him fuck her toddler or something? He doing life in jail
Lostprophets. Fucked up dude that one. Sexually assaulted some kids and planned to rape a toddler with the mother of the toddler helping to organise it. Fortunately cops caught him before he did it and now he and the mother are spending a good part of their lives behind bars.

Dude only got 29 years though. Technically got less than that but they extended his sentence because he was caught with a mobile phone in his cell. But when he was caught he laughed about it, and has shown no remorse. Better off just throwing him off a guard tower.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah that bloke was completely fucked up. Blew meth in babies face trying to get it hooked on meth. One victim was a 10 months old boy.

He also tried to groom a mother with a toddler whilst he was in prison.

Shame for the other band members as they carry that baggage having been in the band as well, despite not knowing of Ian Watkins actions.

I'm amazed someone hasn't given him the ol' CarlWilliams behind bars.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know if that's true, but I'm definitely not ruling it out. I've only been to one Tool show, and watching security in action that night was more entertaining than watching the show, which was mostly pretty dull tbh (although I love Danny Carey). I've never seen such dedication to shutting down people trying take photos etc. It was pretty brutal actually. But my main problem with the show was that it was a shit setlist and it was without a doubt the worst mix I've ever heard at a stadium gig.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
I don't know if that's true, but I'm definitely not ruling it out. I've only been to one Tool show, and watching security in action that night was more entertaining than watching the show, which was mostly pretty dull tbh (although I love Danny Carey). I've never seen such dedication to shutting down people trying take photos etc. It was pretty brutal actually. But my main problem with the show was that it was a shit setlist and it was without a doubt the worst mix I've ever heard at a stadium gig.
Was that the tour in 2020?
Saw them in a closed arena on that tour and they were awesome.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Even though Russkaja aren't actually Russian, and they basically just take the piss out of Russia, they have been forced to split up after constant death threats and people calling them Russian Terrorists. Sad day.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess that's the problem with shoehorning yourself into a gimmick / schtick as a band. When shit goes down it puts you in a bad position.

They had some pretty decent tunes (I recall listening to them a while back). Old school ska sorta feel (like Reel Big Fish and Mighty Mighty Bosstones).

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
New Linkin Park track "Lost" which was recorded around Meteora era dropped a few days ago.

Hearing new Chester material is fantastic.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speaking of passed singers and new releases.

Static-X just dropped Terrible Lie (NIN Cover) from the upcoming Project Regeneration 2, featuring vocals from Wayne Static (before his death)..

New Linkin Park track "Lost" which was recorded around Meteora era dropped a few days ago.

Hearing new Chester material is fantastic.
Pretty decent track and video clip too. Something eerie about hearing his voice from beyond. Just like the Mark Morton track he did.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Imminence dropped a new song that they had left off their previous album, but are now adding to their deluxe version. One of my favourite newer bands out there, love their style mixing in the violin and Eddie's screams are so good.

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Electric Callboy coming back for a Tour later this year....

They are definitely worth a watch. Saw them at Good Things.
FB_IMG_1676718439138.jpg