Opinion Full Metal Racket // Short Fast Loud

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I love metal, especially old school and 80s-90s thrash, but what I'm listening to right now on repeat isn't metal lol. Don't know where to put it tbh so yeah.

Steve Lukather is a beast on the gat, and I'm just listening to his solo at the end of Lionel Ritchies running with the night. Just AWESOME. Such an awesome player

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Any of the prog dudes here into Wheel? New album out today and it’s fucken sick!!
Never heard of em. Giving it a listen now. Sounds like Katatonia crossed with Karnivool and Opeth. Not bad.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about these guys? Heard this today and I really liked it.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
For the lovers of 80's style power metal I've been listening to the new Warrior Path album The Mad King. After a couple of playthroughs can say that I'm really digging it. Stand out songs are 3) His Wrath Will Fall 4) Beast Of Hate 5) Don't Feat The Unknown and 6) Savage Tribe. Some really nice riffs and guitar solo's throughout and the lead singer can hit some high notes too.

Anyway, here is the full album.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
For the lovers of 80's style power metal I've been listening to the new Warrior Path album The Mad King. After a couple of playthroughs can say that I'm really digging it. Stand out songs are 3) His Wrath Will Fall 4) Beast Of Hate 5) Don't Feat The Unknown and 6) Savage Tribe. Some really nice riffs and guitar solo's throughout and the lead singer can hit some high notes too.

Anyway, here is the full album.

Yeah I could never get into power metal nor take it seriously. Maybe coz I was jealous of their buff bodies???

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I could never get into power metal nor take it seriously. Maybe coz I was jealous of their buff bodies???
I don't think anyone takes power metal bands seriously. But there are some good ones. I remember seeing Kamelot live and thinking "this dude is build like a professional body builder. That's not metal. Where's the beer gut?"

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Each to their own mate, as a little kid growing up in the 80's with two older brothers who were metal heads some of my first exposure to metal where power metal bands of that time period so I have always had a soft spot for power metal as it gave me an entry point into the glorious world of heavy metal, and the sub genres that followed. Give me some chugging riffs and a speedy guitar solo and I'm quite content.