Opinion Full Metal Racket // Short Fast Loud

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Saw this band at the Collector Tavern Parra, 5 in the crowd, my daughter jump up on stage and partied,and the guitarist still played on the bar, good night.

Ted Nü-Djent

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The date is wrong but this is straight from the Download app if anyone cares for the set times

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I have a few shit clashes at Download, but that was to be expected I guess.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I have a few shit clashes at Download, but that was to be expected I guess.

The only overlap I care about is Ne Obliviscaris and Clutch, and I've seen Ne Obliviscaris 4 times so that's an easy decision.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I won't be seeing NeO this time. Also can't see all of Baroness or The Hu, and will miss Carcass entirely.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I won't be seeing NeO this time. Also can't see all of Baroness or The Hu, and will miss Carcass entirely.
Yeah. My plan is to basically run from Baroness to The Hu, to Carcass, to In Flames. But in reality I'll probably just sit at blue stage too tired to move.

Ted Nü-Djent

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah. My plan is to basically run from Baroness to The Hu, to Carcass, to In Flames. But in reality I'll probably just sit at blue stage too tired to move.
Thinking Disentomb
Testament
Ministry
Clutch or Ne O
Baroness
Deftones then head over for Carcass
Go Home because In Flames and MCR suck balls

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thinking Disentomb
Testament
Ministry
Clutch or Ne O
Baroness
Deftones then head over for Carcass
Go Home because In Flames and MCR suck balls
Ministry...

I guess it's like me with In Flames. I have this unrealistic belief that they'll suddenly revert to their early stuff.

Similarly, you'd hope Ministry would jump back 20 years, but we all know that they'll take the stage surrounded by Antifa flags and spend the next hour explaining why Trump must die.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ministry...

I guess it's like me with In Flames. I have this unrealistic belief that they'll suddenly revert to their early stuff.

Similarly, you'd hope Ministry would jump back 20 years, but we all know that they'll take the stage surrounded by Antifa flags and spend the next hour explaining why Trump must die.
Early In Flames was good, then....

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Bodyjar used to have a few good ones.
They should bring Front End Loader out of retirement, are they still gigging? They were great.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bodyjar used to have a few good ones.
They should bring Front End Loader out of retirement, are they still gigging? They were great.
Don't think so. There's an upcoming classic Australian gig coming up and Front End Loader isn't playing. Here's the lineup:

Grinspoon, You Am I, Custard, Frenzal Rhomb, Magic Dirt, Tumbleweed, Screamfeeder & Caligula

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Don't think so. There's an upcoming classic Australian gig coming up and Front End Loader isn't playing. Here's the lineup:

Grinspoon, You Am I, Custard, Frenzal Rhomb, Magic Dirt, Tumbleweed, Screamfeeder & Caligula
That's a shame FEL aren't there. Never saw them live but their music was quality. Magic Dirt have stood the test of time, Adalita is a champ. They were always good live even though they strayed towards radio-friendly music a while back. Wonder What Rock Stars Are Doing Today is a great album.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Ministry...

Saw Ministry in 2017 and it was very underwhelming to say the least.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
That's a shame FEL aren't there. Never saw them live but their music was quality. Magic Dirt have stood the test of time, Adalita is a champ. They were always good live even though they strayed towards radio-friendly music a while back. Wonder What Rock Stars Are Doing Today is a great album.
Saw FEL a few times back in the day, I tell ya man, when they play “All Star Jam” live, the place would go nuts - really fun!

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Saw FEL a few times back in the day, I tell ya man, when they play “All Star Jam” live, the place would go nuts - really fun!
Nice!
Bad Blood would have to be my favourite along with Can't Stay Long. They had a great sound. Shame they're not doing the nostalgia tours that most bands are these days.