Gilded
Reaction score
New albums out from Obscura....

Bury Tomorrow...

And Chelsea Grin...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Was reading on Metalsucks a review on Chelsea Grins new album and they gave it 1/5 ... absolutely hated it.

I noticed more and more bands these days are releasing full albums as a like a 60 minute Youtube video.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I listened to it the other week. Always enjoy the Jasta podcast when he’s not making it one giant ad.

He’s hating the AILD shit because Nick (guitarist from AILD) pretty much called him out for trying to lure him into talking about Tim/AILD reunions for clicks/listens as he was just saying hi when Jasta was recording a podcast at some festival.
I don’t know about that mate, I think Jasta is a genuine dude who isn’t happy with the way Tim has come back - it seems to be polarising people.

My understanding is the other guys in the band needed the $$$ hence the reunion and they’re not unhappy about Jasta talking about it, as it’s helped their “plays” of the track....

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I listened to it the other week. Always enjoy the Jasta podcast when he’s not making it one giant ad.

He’s hating the AILD shit because Nick (guitarist from AILD) pretty much called him out for trying to lure him into talking about Tim/AILD reunions for clicks/listens as he was just saying hi when Jasta was recording a podcast at some festival.
Fun fact also for the old school dudes on here - Nick from AILD ex father-in-law is the mighty George Lynch!!!

Used to like me some Dokken...

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don’t know about that mate, I think Jasta is a genuine dude who isn’t happy with the way Tim has come back - it seems to be polarising people.

My understanding is the other guys in the band needed the $$$ hence the reunion and they’re not unhappy about Jasta talking about it, as it’s helped their “plays” of the track....
Hes been judged severved his time ,people may not be happy with it but hes free to do whatever he wants.end of the day dudes gotta keep working.
His band mates can have some good Christian excuses those with out sin.. jesus has forgiven him .
Or just throw it out there and say bros before ho,s if it upsets people on Twitter that hes is back this will make me happy

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fun fact also for the old school dudes on here - Nick from AILD ex father-in-law is the mighty George Lynch!!!

Used to like me some Dokken...
I was only listening to some Dokken the other day on youtube. Watched a video with George Lynch talking about how coked out he was making the film clip for Dream Warriors that he couldn't break through the wall in one scene. Also talked about snorting coke off of Freddy Kruger's glove lol. He could play guitar though.

Last edited:

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

The way I took it was Nick was upset that Jasta kind of threw him under the bus and Nick perceived it to be for listens etc.

Jasta was joking about saying it for shit like that and trying to break the news (in the actual podcast when it happened).

Either way, Wovenwar was shit, AILD is guaranteed money

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hes been judged severved his time ,people may not be happy with it but hes free to do whatever he wants.end of the day dudes gotta keep working.
His band mates can have some good Christian excuses those with out sin.. jesus has forgiven him .
Or just throw it out there and say bros before ho,s if it upsets people on Twitter that hes is back this will make me happy
As you said, he fucked up and paid his dues. He has to live with what he done and he understands he will be forever judged for his actions. If his band mates and those close to him can forgive him and move forward so be it. I don't condone what he did but as a band I have always been a fan of Theres. One of my all time favorite metalcore bands.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Big fan of Bury Tomorrow. Those guys are quality.
Same. Don't like much in the way of Metalcore ('cause most metalcore is just screamo crap with the same 16 year old kid singing about how his heart hurts since his crush rejected him) but Bury Tomorrow are up there as one of my favourites.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Same. Don't like much in the way of Metalcore ('cause most metalcore is just screamo crap with the same 16 year old kid singing about how his heart hurts since his crush rejected him) but Bury Tomorrow are up there as one of my favourites.
I love metalcore but I also know what you mean. Also as I said in a post above big AILD fan here too.

You heard of Fit For A King? Their new album is out in August and should be pretty good. The 3 songs I've heard so far makes it promising.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think that’s a pretty big generalization on metalcore haha.

I’m not massive on Bury Tomorrow. Always reminded me of a poor mans Parkway with cleans.

Plus, Australia produces the best bands now anyway. Pridelands and Polaris are great, Ocean Grove is one of the best getting around, Alpha Wolf are on a huge hype train atm, Northlane just dropped a monster yesterday, Make Them Suffer destroy most, I Valiance, Boris The Blade, Daybreak, Conform and Gravemind just to name a few.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
So this is why SOAD haven't made a new album (pretty much what everyone guessed), which is that Daron tried to take over and Serj was too laid back to tell him to fuck off.
http://www.metalinjection.net/shock...-statement-on-holding-up-new-system-of-a-down

Enjoy the next 3... loving the drums/guitar work. Vocals not too bad... very oldschool In Flames feel to it.

Apologies if these two below have already been posted.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So this is why SOAD haven't made a new album (pretty much what everyone guessed), which is that Daron tried to take over and Serj was too laid back to tell him to fuck off.
http://www.metalinjection.net/shock...-statement-on-holding-up-new-system-of-a-down

Enjoy the next 3... loving the drums/guitar work. Vocals not too bad... very oldschool In Flames feel to it.

Apologies if these two below have already been posted.

They are a bunch of gypsies without a country they will never do a new album.
I dont mind me some syndromes of a down but a new album isn't really needed.by the end they couldn't even decide who the singer was angry goat man or whiney bitch boy their time has past , they can meet up once year and cuddle each other and cry over the Armenian genocide

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
They are a bunch of gypsies without a country they will never do a new album.
I dont mind me some syndromes of a down but a new album isn't really needed.by the end they couldn't even decide who the singer was angry goat man or whiney bitch boy their time has past , they can meet up once year and cuddle each other and cry over the Armenian genocide
I actually Serj in his solo tour out here, many many moons ago. Twas actually bloody good. Whiney Bitch Boy (Daron) also can't write a song for shit. So if they share 6 songs each on an album it'll only ever contain 6 good songs, and 6 from some coked up wanker having a cry about shit.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I love metalcore but I also know what you mean. Also as I said in a post above big AILD fan here too.

You heard of Fit For A King? Their new album is out in August and should be pretty good. The 3 songs I've heard so far makes it promising.
Haven't heard them before. Listening now. Pretty good.