Opinion Full Metal Racket // Short Fast Loud

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

If you don't like this I don't believe you.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
What odd lyrics. It sounds pretty good but honestly the lyrics sound like they were written by a 5 year old.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
What odd lyrics. It sounds pretty good but honestly the lyrics sound like they were written by a 5 year old.
I don’t think Dee was ever a master lyricist to begin with lol

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
New Bullet for My Valentine..

It's NOT bad, but I feel the vocals are overly processed, almost to the point of autotune, which is strange as Matt Tuck can certainly sing. The chorus parts are quite nice and heavier than expected, with a noticable addition of (is it djent?)

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
New Bullet for My Valentine..

It's NOT bad, but I feel the vocals are overly processed, almost to the point of autotune, which is strange as Matt Tuck can certainly sing. The chorus parts are quite nice and heavier than expected, with a noticable addition of (is it djent?)

I am not feeling their new stuff lately, which is a shame because i was a huge fan of theirs back in the day with their first 4 or so albums.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
As I Lay Dying teasing that they are back together and making new music?? God damn I hope so because they were one of the best Metalcore bands during their time.

Also the teaser song sounds like it's the start of something good. They always had great riffs which is what drew me to them.

This was originally posted on their Facebook page a couple of days ago, which previously had most of their content removed.

Last edited:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone had a chance to listen to Prequelle by Ghost, or A Dying Machine by Tremonti yet?

Prequelle is getting reasonably good reviews. A Dying Machine has been given a few 10/10 scores by review sites, claiming it's his best effort yet.

I've heard tracks from A Dying Machine which sounded very same/same to Tremontis other stuff... but maybe it needs to grow on you.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I love Ghost so I have listened to Prequelle many many times. It has some gold in it, Rats, Faith, Dance Macabre and Pro Memoria are all instant favs of mine. The rest are pretty average and the last 2 songs I will probably skip on all further listens.

2 massive instrumentals is too many imo. Helvetesfonster should have been dropped.

Ted Nü-Djent

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone had a chance to listen to Prequelle by Ghost, or A Dying Machine by Tremonti yet?

Prequelle is getting reasonably good reviews. A Dying Machine has been given a few 10/10 scores by review sites, claiming it's his best effort yet.

I've heard tracks from A Dying Machine which sounded very same/same to Tremontis other stuff... but maybe it needs to grow on you.
I LOVE Prequelle. Ghost can’t do wrong in my book.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I will not click to expand .

Don’t get me wrong though. I dolove me some Twisted Sister. That doco on them on Netflix is definitely worth your time.
"For the love of metal" click on it brother.

Doco is cool as, Jay Jay was such a huge part of their success and that has always been the way unfortunately.

Gotta love Dee though man...

Click on the muthafucking link, it can't be any worse than some of the other tripe you've clicked on...

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
As I Lay Dying teasing that they are back together and making new music?? God damn I hope so because they were one of the best Metalcore bands during their time.

Also the teaser song sounds like it's the start of something good. They always had great riffs which is what drew me to them.

This was originally posted on their Facebook page a couple of days ago, which previously had most of their content removed.

I've been told this is just Lambesis and not the rest of the band....

After his prison stint and the shit that went down, his lyrics will be interesting?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
NZ band Like a Storm... not too bad for a heavy rock track.

This is pretty good too.

After his prison stint and the shit that went down, his lyrics will be interesting?
I can imagine lyrically it will be similar to this.

26 Years ago that was released and still kicks absolute arse.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been told this is just Lambesis and not the rest of the band....

Supposedly the song and film clip are dropping on Friday (our Saturday) so we'll find out for sure then i guess if it's just him or the whole original band.

Ted Nü-Djent

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
"For the love of metal" click on it brother.

Doco is cool as, Jay Jay was such a huge part of their success and that has always been the way unfortunately.

Gotta love Dee though man...

Click on the muthafucking link, it can't be any worse than some of the other tripe you've clicked on...
I did click on it. I’m afraid if I say anything else that I would only disappoint you.