Opinion Full Metal Racket // Short Fast Loud

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Deafheaven deliver another tune that continues to polarise the Metal community, traditional Black Metal dudes just fucking hate these guys.

Hipster Black Metal at its finest...

I actually like it, but I also really liked Sunbather.

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I could, I would fuck this new Khemmis song with gay abandon. I just pre ordered the shit outta this album. Get on this shit now. @ El_magic if I recall, you're already on board with these guys
Excellent. I flog Hunted weekly. I'm excite.

Ted Nü-Djent

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Excellent. I flog Hunted weekly. I'm excite.
I listened to this song so many times yesterday. Ordered the CD. I also ordered a short sleeve and Long sleeve shirt yesterday thinking they were 2 different shirt designs but the other is just the back print of the shirt. I’m not even gonna cancel one of them.

Ted Nü-Djent

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Deafheaven deliver another tune that continues to polarise the Metal community, traditional Black Metal dudes just fucking hate these guys.

Hipster Black Metal at its finest...

I actually like it, but I also really liked Sunbather.
This song is a good but is also probably about 5 minutes too long. Looking forward to the release.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
New Tesseract album is out today too but for some reason they've blocked it from every streaming service for Australians.

ooo hopefully that is only temporary. I use spotify for everything now and it is so annoying to have to load shit on manually... coughToolcough

I'm 2 listens in. Godamn I've missed apc. This album is definitely different but is fucking solid. I suspect it'll take quite a few listed to really take it all in
Had a good listen through Eat the Elephant. As I said before, never been much of an APC fan. Their music just never sat well for me. But this album is like sex. Friggin good album.
Every listen I seem to love it more. I probably rate it below their first 2 albums still, but it definitely has some of their best songs ever.

It's a little odd 'cause Batmetal is made by the Metalocalypse guys. The guys that invented Dethklok. The songs they sing are actually Dethklok songs and Dethklok have played many live shows over the years

I saw Dethklok live in Las Vegas, it was frigging awesome.

They were going to come to Australia at one point, but the tour fell apart and the douche promoter offered them an insane amount of money... So whenever other promoters try to get them out here they remember what they were offered before (it was WAY too much) and decline the tour. So they will likely never come here... I actually doubt Brendan would bring any of his acts here. So if this Batmetal thing tours it would be worth going to see.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
ooo hopefully that is only temporary. I use spotify for everything now and it is so annoying to have to load shit on manually... coughToolcough
It appeared on Google Play Music this morning so it should be on Spotify now.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Only 7 songs? Listening now.
Yeah. But in typical Tesseract style, every song is a journey. Only had one listen so far but I really like it. Reminds me of Altered State

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

People are gonna hate this so much.
Such a weird mix of songs released so far but I'm loving every one.

The comments on YouTube are pretty funny though. Things like, "pirates of the Caribbean goes Metal core"

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Such a weird mix of songs released so far but I'm loving every one.

The comments on YouTube are pretty funny though. Things like, "pirates of the Caribbean goes Metal core"
Dude I love KWAS and Horizons as much as the next guy, Atlas is my favourite Parkway record. I see these new tracks for what they are, where the band is in their career and i get it all and I don't even hate it. This song is a banger, The Void is a banger and Wishing Wells was hard as fuck.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I need to go back and have a listen of all the PWD records again. I have not listened to any of these new songs, I want to just hear the whole album.

From memory I think I liked Deep Blue the most...

edit: If you have never watched it, watch their first DVD. It is probably the best music DVD I own.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

Never heard of these guys before (Cypecore). Apparently from Germany.

Released an album in Feb 2018 too.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Every listen I seem to love it more. I probably rate it below their first 2 albums still, but it definitely has some of their best songs ever.
Fucking tool. I hate that I can't stream any of their stuff.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Radio Friendly new Godsmack.

and an absolute piece of shit..

Sounds like Daron trying to sing like Serj Tankian and instead sounding like a fucking goat.

Lyrically fucking shithouse as well.

Tis clear Serj was the real talent in SOAD.