Opinion Full Metal Racket // Short Fast Loud

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not gonna listen as I want to listen to the whole album in a couple of days, but ...

I am not sure we can be friends now Hacky.

Their first 2 albums are some of the best albums ever. I hate the stupid covers album though.

I have very high hopes for Eat the Elephant... don't let me down Maynard.
Yeah. I definitely get the attraction to APC but every time I listen to them I just end up listening to tool instead

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I got through Eat the Elephant today, it is going to take a long time to digest me thinks. Sounded pretty good on first listen though.

New Pennywise came out too, gave that a spin and more solid stuff from them. Nothing new, if you like their old stuff you will enjoy this.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
After a few more listens, really liking "Welcome to Bonkers" by Nekrogoblikon. It definitely grows on you.

If Triviums latest album is a 10/10 (in my opinion), this would have to be an 8.5/10.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
You guys listened to the new Bleed From Within record yet?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I got through Eat the Elephant today, it is going to take a long time to digest me thinks. Sounded pretty good on first listen though.

New Pennywise came out too, gave that a spin and more solid stuff from them. Nothing new, if you like their old stuff you will enjoy this.
New Tesseract album is out today too but for some reason they've blocked it from every streaming service for Australians.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm 2 listens in. Godamn I've missed apc. This album is definitely different but is fucking solid. I suspect it'll take quite a few listed to really take it all in

Ted Nü-Djent

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I could, I would fuck this new Khemmis song with gay abandon. I just pre ordered the shit outta this album. Get on this shit now. @ El_magic if I recall, you're already on board with these guys

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Had a good listen through Eat the Elephant. As I said before, never been much of an APC fan. Their music just never sat well for me. But this album is like sex. Friggin good album.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Ooooo didn't realise that Alice in Chains have another due sometimes this year. Mixing has been completed.

The shift at 2:10 is beautiful... and again at 2:54

@Mitch Connor as a guitarist you should enjoy this one...

His album Fearless is due to drop any day now...

On another note... put aside 12 minutes... crank the volume, and enjoy....

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

Blooomin heck... that was ... well ... unexpected in a good way.

Vocals - unexpected.
Tempo shift - totally unexpected.
Ending - wow...

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Blooomin heck... that was ... well ... unexpected in a good way.

Vocals - unexpected.
Tempo shift - totally unexpected.
Ending - wow...
I've always loved Amorphis but I don't think I like this. The music starts well but then it just gets boring and sounds nothing like Amorphis.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
don't know if it's been posted but apparently the guys who created batmetal are trying to make a proper concert

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
don't know if it's been posted but apparently the guys who created batmetal are trying to make a proper concert
It's a little odd 'cause Batmetal is made by the Metalocalypse guys. The guys that invented Dethklok. The songs they sing are actually Dethklok songs and Dethklok have played many live shows over the years

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Here ya go. Batmetal's version from 2018 (skip to 1:40)...

And the original Dethklok version from 2011...

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
It's a little odd 'cause Batmetal is made by the Metalocalypse guys. The guys that invented Dethklok. The songs they sing are actually Dethklok songs and Dethklok have played many live shows over the years

wouldn't it be like a coverband?

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
looks like it would just be batman with a live band