Opinion Full Metal Racket // Short Fast Loud

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Okay a few interesting ones..

Toto (YES of Africa fame) have released a new track. Sure it's not Metal, but it's pretty rock and a decent track in my opinion.

Speaking of heavy rock... new Breaking Benjamin ... chorus escalated quickly!

Really? Cornell is cool as fuck. Family member has met him and Mike Patton at Soundwave one year.
That Toto track is great. Speaking of Toto, Chaos Devine had a great cover of Africa.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Few new releases...

The Legend of the Seagullmen album is out (Tool drummer, Mastodon guitarist, bunch of others). It’s very rock, lots of Mastodon influence. Quite an interesting album

New Fu Manchu album has only 7 songs but one of them is an 18 minute instrumental stoner epic with the guitarist of Rush

The Atlas Moth have a decent stoner sludge album out

And some pirate metal

Ted Nü-Djent

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah man. Met so many bands that turn out to be *****. Chris Cornell to this day is the biggest and most memorable **** of them all. Get in the bin your sour, disrespectful dicksplat.
Hanneman on the other hand was the coolest motherfucker I ever met.

Ted Nü-Djent

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny depends on the mood i guess, i remember that bass player from biohazard comes of as a total **** when he opens his mouth and says anything. But he came up to us in the pit at a slayer show and had a chat with us and came across cool as fuck.
That was at Pantera in Newcastle.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
These pubjabs do some interesting covers

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Okay a few interesting ones..

Toto (YES of Africa fame) have released a new track. Sure it's not Metal, but it's pretty rock and a decent track in my opinion.

Speaking of heavy rock... new Breaking Benjamin ... chorus escalated quickly!

Really? Cornell is cool as fuck. Family member has met him and Mike Patton at Soundwave one year.
Probably showing my age or taste in metal and rock but that Toto track is killer!!!

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuckin hell. Sunday night is a killer. Cattle Decap and Psycroptic OR TAIM, Emmure, Fit For An Autopsy and Justice For The Damned.

Whoever booked this shit against each other needs a flogging

Ted Nü-Djent

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuckin hell. Sunday night is a killer. Cattle Decap and Psycroptic OR TAIM, Emmure, Fit For An Autopsy and Justice For The Damned.

Whoever booked this shit against each other needs a flogging
I’m at Cattle Decapitation on Saturday night in Newcastle.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I never got into A Perfect Circle. It's much like listening to Karnivool then trying to listen to Birds of Tokyo. It's just not the same.

But Tool is my favourite all time band. They can do no wrong.

I met them about 15 years ago. They're all dickheads. Met a few bands in my life and they're usually really good guys. Tool are just pricks. When I was there they did the usual, "hi, good to meet you" without looking you in the eyes then turned to the women in our group and said, "hey, do you like being fucked up the ass. Come with us and your ass will have the time of its life"

Complete pricks and they are one of the reasons why I never want to meet the people that make the good music. That said, still my favourite band. Their music is brilliant.
I am not surprised they are dickheads tbh. Maynard especially is one of the weirdest cats ever, I can never tell if hes trolling or if that is how he is. I guess it is probably a bit of both.

I don't mind though because those guys are some of the most talented musicians on the planet and I cannot wait for the new album.

I feel for Maynard though because I am positive that he gets the shits with how slow the guys write music for Tool. They are just so fucking neurotic and everything has to be so perfect that it takes so damn long. Luckily Maynard is so talented that he can smash out lyrics like no one else.

You should give APC more of a go. They are definitely a fuckload better than Birds of Tokyo is compared to Karnivool, especially the first 2 albums. I really am not into the covers album at all so I would never recommend that to anyone.

I think the new album will be weaker than their first 2, but still holding out hope that it has some gems in there.

Puscifer is worth a good listen as well. I saw them live on the Money Shot tour and it was one of the best sounding gigs I have ever been to. Maynards voice is just so perfect and the people he hired for Puscifer are all wickedly talented. The only weird thing was the venue (it was in the auditorium place at the new Sydney ICC).

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Parkway are dropping a new track on Feb 27 called Wishing Wells.

Little teaser posted on their social media. I’m all aboard the hype train. Sounds huge.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Parkway are dropping a new track on Feb 27 called Wishing Wells.

Little teaser posted on their social media. I’m all aboard the hype train. Sounds huge.
I'll give it a go but Im pretty sure I still haven't even listened to their last album all the way through

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not surprised they are dickheads tbh. Maynard especially is one of the weirdest cats ever, I can never tell if hes trolling or if that is how he is. I guess it is probably a bit of both.

I don't mind though because those guys are some of the most talented musicians on the planet and I cannot wait for the new album.

I feel for Maynard though because I am positive that he gets the shits with how slow the guys write music for Tool. They are just so fucking neurotic and everything has to be so perfect that it takes so damn long. Luckily Maynard is so talented that he can smash out lyrics like no one else.

You should give APC more of a go. They are definitely a fuckload better than Birds of Tokyo is compared to Karnivool, especially the first 2 albums. I really am not into the covers album at all so I would never recommend that to anyone.

I think the new album will be weaker than their first 2, but still holding out hope that it has some gems in there.

Puscifer is worth a good listen as well. I saw them live on the Money Shot tour and it was one of the best sounding gigs I have ever been to. Maynards voice is just so perfect and the people he hired for Puscifer are all wickedly talented. The only weird thing was the venue (it was in the auditorium place at the new Sydney ICC).
Yea I'm not sure if it's just the other guys writing slow or Maynard being a perfectionist as well. Whatever It is, it's fucking annoying. I just want to at least get a fucking solid date locked in.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Machine Head are playing the Enmore again on 20th July. The band is really losing is but I went to their last gig and it was one of the best I've been to.