Opinion Full Metal Racket // Short Fast Loud

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The music varies a lot too. Each song is completely different to the last.

That Bastards song on the album is actually pretty good but it's a semi-soft acoustic song.
So how does it sit personally alongside The Burning Red and Supercharger (which if I'm not mistaken are what fans believe to be the two worst).

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
So how does it sit personally alongside The Burning Red and Supercharger (which if I'm not mistaken are what fans believe to be the two worst).
I'll put it this way. Their worst album was Bloodstone and Diamonds followed by Supercharger then Burning Red.

This is better than all those albums. But not better than any of the other albums.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe

How does this only have 5300 odd views. Never heard of this mob from Finland before but def requires more looking into... Drummer is an ABSOLUTE BEAST!!!

Meanwhile Jonathon Davis drops his first track from debut solo album.

It's deep... very deep lyrically (ROBB FLYNN TAKE NOTE!!). Sounds to me like him dealing with his depression.

Back to Machine Head, it's almost like he ran out of ideas for songs and toko the "fuck the world / leftist" route. Shame really.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone go to fooies in Sydney last night? Fucking top performance as usual. They never disappoint.

Also didn't realise, Pat Smear is fucking 58 years old lol

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe

How does this only have 5300 odd views. Never heard of this mob from Finland before but def requires more looking into... Drummer is an ABSOLUTE BEAST!!!

Meanwhile Jonathon Davis drops his first track from debut solo album.

It's deep... very deep lyrically (ROBB FLYNN TAKE NOTE!!). Sounds to me like him dealing with his depression.

Back to Machine Head, it's almost like he ran out of ideas for songs and toko the "fuck the world / leftist" route. Shame really.
The Mors Subita sounds alright

This review covers the problems with Cartharsis well

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
This randomly popped up on my YouTube feed. Not so sure about the music yet. It's alright but the title is what caught me

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
New Machine Head album...

It has some good music, and some OK overall songs. Beyond the Pale is definitely the best song on there.

These songs are pure ass and I would be happy to never hear them again.
  • Triple Beam (shitty Limp Bizkit B side)
  • Bastards (A shit Stone Sour song meets Denis Leary)
The rest is all just meh.

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
New Negative Self. It's sick. Sounds like the last NS album which sounds like what Suicidal Tendencies should have stayed like.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Haven't liked much of MH for a few years bar a few songs. This album is pretty average but Imo "Heavy lies the Crown" is a great song.