Opinion Full Metal Racket // Short Fast Loud

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Paving the way for a Machine Head and Ministry compliation album, featuring Dave Draiman ranting about Israel and other shit on some tracks.

What a PC album that would be!!!

THANKFULLY Corey Taylor is trying to stay away from that wormhole of political correctness. Five Finger Death Punch and All That Remains are being sucked into it already.
Wouldn't be surprised. It'll be "The Travelling Antifaburys". A supergroup of the biggest political ranters in Metal.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I can see many of you loving this!! Heavy as FUCK!

http://bit.ly/2Bembce

Might not be safe for work...

On another note though, imagine being idenfitied as the "wierdo guy in this clip" in the street.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ok, I'm going to admit something. I actually like this one. But I'm not sure if it's actually good, or if it's just good in comparison to the other two singles they've released from the album

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Biggest issue for me is the mixing in all 3 songs. Vocals have been pushed right up to get his fuckin point across. We don't need that.

Also - I agree. Better song than they last 2.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Ok, I'm going to admit something. I actually like this one. But I'm not sure if it's actually good, or if it's just good in comparison to the other two singles they've released from the album

Still gave my ear drum AIDS though.

Here's the problem I have with all this... below is the last track they released before the current shit.

Sure it's slightly political, but the tune and the song are actually really good (in my opinion).

Cometh the latest album and from everything we've heard it's a complete shithole. Overly political and radio friendly. It's like Robb Flynn went full retard between the track below in 2016.

Normally the single is one of the best songs on the album.... and that... has me concerned for just how much a dud the new album will be.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Magic head was my favorite metal band of all time.

From the Burning red onwards their albums have been shit. The Blackening was OK.

This album will blow and he does that sooky crying vocals way too much. 2:10 onwards is what I mean. Urgh what a shame.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ahh it's at the olf "The Forum" now called Max Watts.

Not the greatest venue... bit of a death trap actually.
The echo chamber. Not a fan of that place. Saw Black Flag there with a bunch of other bands. Each band got louder and louder. By the time Black Flag came on I started getting chest pains from the vibrations.

Maybe I'm just getting old.

Should still go though. Great line up.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Slayer calling it a day
Got that message this morning on Bandintown. Pretty big news but they are really bloody old so it makes sense. Doing one final world tour though so will be good to see them go out.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Slayer calling it a day
Not suprised .. all over 50 and you gotta wind down sometime.

Probably all have other business ventures to keep them going whilst spending time with family.

I thought it was going to be a picture of post op vinnie vincent.
View attachment 4863
The suit pants and high heels confirmed the transition she is now the aunt warrior
Someone should setup a band "The Trannies".

Guitars - Vinnie Vincent
Vocals - Keith Caputo

Who else?