From this moment forward

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Also thank you for including non-binary people in your OP Brick. In this day and age it's really important to include people like Nasheed...

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
OK here's the challenge, please feel free to post up examples of the bench rotations during our games that you find don't make sense, player, time and game. In response I will post up exactly the same bench rotations used by Bellamy, Robinson or Bennett. Let's go.

Go Dogs
Fuck dude please don't try and defend our rotations you will just make a fool of yourself. Everyone knows Pay can't use a bench properly just accept it.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
I go through waves of different opinions on this myself during a week.

The players absolutely love Dean. We all admit the 2 seasons before this were better than we all expected. This season it hasn't gone to plane at all, but maybe it's just other teams have improved their squads where we've stagnated due to our cap situation.

There's a lot of things I disagree with that I've seen from Dean Pay, but it does seem pretty bad to give him 3 years with a reserve grade side and then cut him when he finally has a chance to coach talented players.

I think there's still life in Dean Pay as a Bulldogs coach. I'm sure I'll change my mind my Saturday night.
The players do not love “Dean”.The ones who are leaving are quite happy to go as they are sick of their heads being screwed with by Pays tactics and team selections.Some others are holding back on re-signing,eg Elliot until they find out who the coach is.That should be enough to make the board punt him.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Griffen has never really been sacked for any fair or legitimate reason when you look a little deeper.
1. Shafted by the Broncos because they wanted 'club legend's Bennett back. The side Griffen built would ultimately be taken to the GF in 2015.
2. Only sacked by Penrith so they could get Ivan and negate losing Nathan to the Tigers... Were firming for a top 4 finish before the drama destabilised the club.
Yeah I agree. I don't think Griffin is the answer long term but he's proven to be a good and capable coach with two clubs.

People say there's no one out there well Griffin isn't a bad last resort option that is known for turning teams around.

Like you said he's been fucked over at both Brisbane and Penrith. There's someone who deserves a sob story from the media...

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
OK here's the challenge, please feel free to post up examples of the bench rotations during our games that you find don't make sense, player, time and game. In response I will post up exactly the same bench rotations used by Bellamy, Robinson or Bennett. Let's go.
Fuck dude please don't try and defend our rotations you will just make a fool of yourself. Everyone knows Pay can't use a bench properly just accept it.
I accept nothing until I see the proof, evidence, you can join in too if you like, offer up some proof to support your views.

Can I also respectfully suggest that you look up and read what I actually posted. Other well respected coaches make the same rotations game after game but of course they are ignored whilst ours negatively over hyped.

Go Dogs

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yeah I agree. I don't think Griffin is the answer long term but he's proven to be a good and capable coach with two clubs.

People say there's no one out there well Griffin isn't a bad last resort option that is known for turning teams around.

Like you said he's been fucked over at both Brisbane and Penrith. There's someone who deserves a sob story from the media...
Yeah for sure man. My only issue with Griffin is what support staff you would put around him, seems like a pretty bland dude on screen lol, could be different around the boys. But yeah not a bad coach at all, if we talk about wanting to develop good juniors he's one of the better options that can help achieve that. Not my preferred option but miles ahead of Pay.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I accept nothing until I see the proof, evidence, you can join in too if you like, offer up some proof to support your views.

Go Dogs
Evidence is there in every painful 80mins of football we put ourselves through every round lol.
Plain and simple Pay is a copycat, he won't make a change until our opponent does... Doesn't matter if possession is 60-30 against us he still let's our middles get absolutely fucked before doing anything and it gets us nowhere fast.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah for sure man. My only issue with Griffin is what support staff you would put around him, seems like a pretty bland dude on screen lol, could be different around the boys. But yeah not a bad coach at all, if we talk about wanting to develop good juniors he's one of the better options that can help achieve that. Not my preferred option but miles ahead of Pay.
Yeah he makes Bennett look like Chris Rock! Haha.

He's not my preferred option either but he's a good coach who deserves another chance somewhere..

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Evidence is there in every painful 80mins of football we put ourselves through every round lol.
Plain and simple Pay is a copycat, he won't make a change until our opponent does... Doesn't matter if possession is 60-30 against us he still let's our middles get absolutely fucked before doing anything and it gets us nowhere fast.
That's just your opinion and everyone has one, although there are few on here that have multiple opinions to match their multiple personalities.

Go Dogs

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Would anyone on here entertain the idea of giving the Walker brothers a crack at coaching us?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
That's just your opinion and everyone has one, although there are few on here that have multiple opinions to match their multiple personalities.

Go Dogs
Not my opinion just an true observation based on years of video evidence lol.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Kennelers

I’m sure I’m liked by some and hated by some but we all agree we love the dogs.

I don’t think this weekend has ever been more important for the fabric of the game , our proud club ranks 6-7th among successful clubs in history and we are a tough club who’ve been down since end of 2014.

rigbt now the Bronx are imploding. Fifita yet to re commit , Cotric has till Monday to decide and if he’s 50/50 believe me if we win he is more likely to sign with us.
If we beat the broncos they are desperate and might lose Fifita to titans , and dobbo jusr said on triple m, Oates , issako and another forward from broncos are being offered a package deal depending on Fifita.

I love the dogs, I know pay does a lot of stupid shit but no good coaches are available so give him 1 more year , once Cotric signs the dominos fall into place and more signings will take place , once a coach is signed we can progress forward. This is our 2008-2009 all over again .

1 year for pay, with 2nd year option if he doesn’t perform then we can sack and then Bellamy off contract then.

Have a Good Friday guys and girls and those who I shouldn’t assume genders
Well said mate.

He’ll be getting a 1 year extension and can be judged on that when the chips aren’t completely stacked against him.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Still just your opinion not supported by any facts.

Go Dogs
The bulldogs games are the factual evidence. I don't understand how anyone can argue he's good at his timing of changes. Anyways push your agenda if it thats what you want. I don't care what he does anymore tbh I like most here are desensitised to his methods and just laugh now.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Would anyone on here entertain the idea of giving the Walker brothers a crack at coaching us?
Could have been an idea a year ago when we were trying to get Sam Walker... But he's a rooster now.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Griffin has a 55% record over 173 games at Brisbane and Penrith. It's not like there is no one out there.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score

Go Dogs
Better than being a one trick pony.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What do you suggest the club do moving forward?
I would've dumped far earlier, worst case scenario last year when his contract expired. Options are now far more limited but if I had to go with someone now it would be Shaun Wane.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I gave up on Pay when he started playing Holland at hooker... it shows he has NFI on coaching... (nothing personal towards Pay)
I also hate how he picks his favourite players who are under-performing..
Anyway, i have said it before and ill say it again.. let's bring in Griffin ASAP on a 2 year deal and let him clean out the dead wood...
Must admit Holland hooker is stupid