From this moment forward

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kennelers

I’m sure I’m liked by some and hated by some but we all agree we love the dogs.

I don’t think this weekend has ever been more important for the fabric of the game , our proud club ranks 6-7th among successful clubs in history and we are a tough club who’ve been down since end of 2014.

rigbt now the Bronx are imploding. Fifita yet to re commit , Cotric has till Monday to decide and if he’s 50/50 believe me if we win he is more likely to sign with us.
If we beat the broncos they are desperate and might lose Fifita to titans , and dobbo jusr said on triple m, Oates , issako and another forward from broncos are being offered a package deal depending on Fifita.

I love the dogs, I know pay does a lot of stupid shit but no good coaches are available so give him 1 more year , once Cotric signs the dominos fall into place and more signings will take place , once a coach is signed we can progress forward. This is our 2008-2009 all over again .

1 year for pay, with 2nd year option if he doesn’t perform then we can sack and then Bellamy off contract then.

Have a Good Friday guys and girls and those who I shouldn’t assume genders

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t think we can keep giving him 12 month deals mate . Players want security in knowing who the coach will be .

I think you’ll find it’s extremely unlikely he will be re signed . This year has been the killer for him because we actually have regressed .

Forget about Bellamy though . He will be 63 I think at the end of next year .

Unfortunately there are not many options. Maybe someone like Nathan Brown or Paul Green

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t think we can keep giving him 12 month deals mate . Players want security in knowing who the coach will be .

I think you’ll find it’s extremely unlikely he will be re signed . This year has been the killer for him because we actually have regressed .

Unfortunately there are not many options. Maybe someone like Nathan Brown or Paul Green
From the media’s perspective they will bash us , but yeh possibly brown or green .. green would suit but I’m hoping for pay. 2 years and if no top 8 next year cya later .. what’s your thoughts on griffin?

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I go through waves of different opinions on this myself during a week.

The players absolutely love Dean. We all admit the 2 seasons before this were better than we all expected. This season it hasn't gone to plane at all, but maybe it's just other teams have improved their squads where we've stagnated due to our cap situation.

There's a lot of things I disagree with that I've seen from Dean Pay, but it does seem pretty bad to give him 3 years with a reserve grade side and then cut him when he finally has a chance to coach talented players.

I think there's still life in Dean Pay as a Bulldogs coach. I'm sure I'll change my mind my Saturday night.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score

If we could find a recognised coaching assistant to help Pay, that might ease him into another term; but I reckon as soon as a first grade coach becomes available, poor old Dean will be shown the door.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Malla

Reaction score
Nope. Bloke has had 3 years to do something. What has saved him face over the last couple of years were out late season surges that made it seem like we were on the right track but really we weren't.

We are literally dead last in a comp with teams like Titans, Warriors playing away from home and the Broncos. It's embarrassing. We won't win this weekend and I hope Pay gets shown the door now.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I go through waves of different opinions on this myself during a week.

The players absolutely love Dean. We all admit the 2 seasons before this were better than we all expected. This season it hasn't gone to plane at all, but maybe it's just other teams have improved their squads where we've stagnated due to our cap situation.

There's a lot of things I disagree with that I've seen from Dean Pay, but it does seem pretty bad to give him 3 years with a reserve grade side and then cut him when he finally has a chance to coach talented players.

I think there's still life in Dean Pay as a Bulldogs coach. I'm sure I'll change my mind my Saturday night.
I had a part time job, once - clearing out an old warehouse with a team of great and hard working guys. I treated them well, and they liked me as a boss. But, we began to run behind schedule, even though I thought they were going as hard as they could. The company sent in an experienced man to help me. He immediately lined them up and gave them a full blown reality speech. He told them they could go and find another job tomorrow if they didn't double their effort today. It worked, and they became a far more efficient unit than I could have imagined. I realised they like me because I was one of the boys, and could be relied upon to give them an easy ride.
It was a lesson I never forgot.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From the media’s perspective they will bash us , but yeh possibly brown or green .. green would suit but I’m hoping for pay. 2 years and if no top 8 next year cya later .. what’s your thoughts on griffin?
I don’t really like Griffin but his results have been ok .

It’s going to be hard because not many coaches will want to come to us with our roster . Blokes like Griffin and Brown would probably be on their last chance as an NRL coach so if they come to us and fail they will never get another gig

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope. Bloke has had 3 years to do something. What has saved him face over the last couple of years were out late season surges that made it seem like we were on the right track but really we weren't.

We are literally dead last in a comp with teams like Titans, Warriors playing away from home and the Broncos. It's embarrassing. We won't win this weekend and I hope Pay gets shown the door now.
To be fair, the sex scandal beginning of the year hurt the side Big time. Our best player (CHN) & up & coming prospect both gone will hurt anyone.
The club just needs to give complete control to Pay, get some quality assistant coaches beside him (Hook, Brown, Henry etc), give him control on recruitment/retention & judge him by that.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t really like Griffin but his results have been ok .

It’s going to be hard because not many coaches will want to come to us with our roster . Blokes like Griffin and Brown would probably be on their last chance as an NRL coach so if they come to us and fail they will never get another gig
Griffin and Brown....no fucking way

We’re better of sticking with Pay. These 2 guys have done fuck all with better rosters than ours.
It would be Complete madness to replace Pay with either of them

Malla

Reaction score
To be fair, the sex scandal beginning of the year hurt the side Big time. Our best player (CHN) & up & coming prospect both gone will hurt anyone.
The club just needs to give complete control to Pay, get some quality assistant coaches beside him (Hook, Brown, Henry etc), give him control on recruitment/retention & judge him by that.
Yeah to an extent but he's had ample time to figure out a way forward beyond that. CHN was doing well, but he isnt the difference between wooden spoon and finals contention. There's much bigger issues here. Could come up with plenty of excuses - end of the day he's had 3 years to see results and we havent.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Kennelers

I’m sure I’m liked by some and hated by some but we all agree we love the dogs.

I don’t think this weekend has ever been more important for the fabric of the game , our proud club ranks 6-7th among successful clubs in history and we are a tough club who’ve been down since end of 2014.

rigbt now the Bronx are imploding. Fifita yet to re commit , Cotric has till Monday to decide and if he’s 50/50 believe me if we win he is more likely to sign with us.
If we beat the broncos they are desperate and might lose Fifita to titans , and dobbo jusr said on triple m, Oates , issako and another forward from broncos are being offered a package deal depending on Fifita.

I love the dogs, I know pay does a lot of stupid shit but no good coaches are available so give him 1 more year , once Cotric signs the dominos fall into place and more signings will take place , once a coach is signed we can progress forward. This is our 2008-2009 all over again .

1 year for pay, with 2nd year option if he doesn’t perform then we can sack and then Bellamy off contract then.

Have a Good Friday guys and girls and those who I shouldn’t assume genders
Like everything you say except the Pay extension

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Complete control to a guy that still can't rotate his bench, yup makes sense :tearsofjoy:

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We haven't shared same opinions for a while but for first time in ages i agreed with your post till you lost me when it came to Pay.
I just want to know what miracle he could possibly pull out of his ass with a few more players on board. Everything he has done is evidence he can't coach for the life of him. He is part of the problem not the solution.
We need a new and fresh start, new group of players, new coach who hasnt had 3yrs of failures and the pressure to perform in 1 year or else.
Lets start afresh with a new environment. Cut our losses and run.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You make a lot of sense here. Pay is dragged down by not having the quality of player to compete with the best of the others.
He is also hamstrung by not having any competent assistants.
Get rid of Georgallis and Antonelli for a start. They offer nothing to the club.
I would like to see Michael Potter appointed as assistant coach.
The other big concern is the lack of a credible replacement for Pay if he is sacked.
Brown, Henry, Griffin and Kearney were all sacked by their clubs. McGregor, Morris, Green, and Siebold are about to be sacked.
Bennett and Bellamy are not available and we dont want Hasler. Flanagan is going back to the Sharks and Fitzgibbon to St.George.
Doesnt leave much to pick from.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I respect your opinion Brick but I disagree regarding Pay as I think he's been given more than enough time and he's proven that he's not up to the task.

I think the real Brick Tamland would have more of a clue than Pay.

Last edited:

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I gave up on Pay when he started playing Holland at hooker... it shows he has NFI on coaching... (nothing personal towards Pay)
I also hate how he picks his favourite players who are under-performing..
Anyway, i have said it before and ill say it again.. let's bring in Griffin ASAP on a 2 year deal and let him clean out the dead wood...

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Complete control to a guy that still can't rotate his bench, yup makes sense :tearsofjoy:
OK here's the challenge, please feel free to post up examples of the bench rotations during our games that you find don't make sense, player, time and game. In response I will post up exactly the same bench rotations used by Bellamy, Robinson or Bennett. Let's go.

Go Dogs

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
You make a lot of sense here. Pay is dragged down by not having the quality of player to compete with the best of the others.
He is also hamstrung by not having any competent assistants.
Get rid of Georgallis and Antonelli for a start. They offer nothing to the club.
I would like to see Michael Potter appointed as assistant coach.
The other big concern is the lack of a credible replacement for Pay if he is sacked.
Brown, Henry, Griffin and Kearney were all sacked by their clubs. McGregor, Morris, Green, and Siebold are about to be sacked.
Bennett and Bellamy are not available and we dont want Hasler. Flanagan is going back to the Sharks and Fitzgibbon to St.George.
Doesnt leave much to pick from.
Griffen has never really been sacked for any fair or legitimate reason when you look a little deeper.
1. Shafted by the Broncos because they wanted 'club legend' Bennett back. The side Griffen built would ultimately be taken to the GF in 2015.
2. Only sacked by Penrith so they could get Ivan and negate losing Nathan to the Tigers... Were firming for a top 4 finish before the drama destabilised the club.