From the BIG MAN !!!

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The first two years were Hasler had a great team and then destroyed it, and people say he got us in the finals lol.
If a coach is destroying something you get rid like Gus did to Hook, move quickly. The front office kept extending Hasler despite the decline. They green lighted every one of his requests.

It’s why the Bullfrog era was successful, he had an eye for talent and took care of things behind the scenes. We had too many business men and women trying to use the club as a stepping stone, short term results to stat pad their resumes. Like Greenturd who wanted to be NRL ceo, etc

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ciraldo has shown he can coach, the fact he identified Okunbor as a forward while no one else did. (Pay, Barrett & Potter)

Ciraldo has taken on arguably one of the hardest coaching jobs in the NRL. Fan expectations are high and it's a job that has consistently killed coaching careers.
He showed a lot of anger in the last two press conferences. A perfect sith lord.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Greenberg killed off our junior programs to save money. The thought was "Why develop your own talent when it might get poached". Other teams took over our blueprint as we dropped it and are now way in front of us using it. Outside of having great juniors we had a great eye for talent begging to get their chance.
Thanks for clarifying it Alan, mate I couldn't be bothered explaining it all again...
But, you've forgotten to mention how Des-troyer managed to finish everything else off :laughing:

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
5 to 10 years to have juniors coming through consistently aka not having to pay overs in the market to recruit.

"It's up to the coach and players to get results today"

Makes you wonder what the hell the front office were doing during the Hasler years. Hasler did his part of getting results but they completely neglected development programs and set us back a decade.
We had a r@pe and pillage relationship with Des. He used no lube, but gave us a good time in the short run, without the ultimate satisfaction. When he started to run out of resources and the life was sucked out of our performance, he was booted - but it was too late - the damage was done.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't know what anyone is getting worked up about. Yes he keeps saying the same thing but that's because the process remains the same. This season was never going to be one where we were close to the finished product.

Next year we'll be way stronger. 2-3 years after that our lower grades players will be contributing and we'll have way more depth. I know that's not what anyone wants to hear after another year of missing the finals but I'd much rather this approach than making desperation signings or panicking and making rash decisions..

silva

Utility
Reaction score
He’s always said there is no quick fix. We need a lot of luck this season to be competitive and we haven’t had it with injuries. All in all 4 wins isn’t a bad result so far all things considered

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But why can’t we do both??
Develop our own and also recruit well for our first grade squad like roosters and south’s constantly do.
Just because we’re recruiting we’ll doesn’t mean we have to put the brakes on junior development.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't know what anyone is getting worked up about. Yes he keeps saying the same thing but that's because the process remains the same. This season was never going to be one where we were close to the finished product.

Next year we'll be way stronger. 2-3 years after that our lower grades players will be contributing and we'll have way more depth. I know that's not what anyone wants to hear after another year of missing the finals but I'd much rather this approach than making desperation signings or panicking and making rash decisions..
Spot on

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
But why can’t we do both??
Develop our own and also recruit well for our first grade squad like roosters and south’s constantly do.
Just because we’re recruiting we’ll doesn’t mean we have to put the brakes on junior development.
For the moment recruitment has been a bit of an issue since we inducted another team into the NRL. Maybe we'd have picked up another quality prop if the Dolphins hadn't been in the market with a full cap to spend.

But we've picked up Xerri and Chrighton in the backs. Hopefully we also find a few hidden gems for the forward pack. It's going to take longer to get the juniors flowing into the NRL

Brian Boru

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Well I’m glad he was please about things he saw at the game, because he was the only one.

All he gives a wishy washy answers. Guess you can’t miss a target if you don’t define one.
Typical TK response.
He wasn't talking about one game.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus mentioned at least twice that it takes 2/3 years to clean up the cap, reading between the lines he’s saying they’ve been stuck with players on ridiculous money, big part of those have been moved on, but there’s still, Flanagan, Thompson, TPJ, probably Waddell and a few others on big money that aren’t playing anywhere near value for the money they’re earning, there’s still a lot of money wrapped up there.

The best example of the cleaning up they’ve had to do is Gus moving Cotric on who was earning $650k, Kiraz came in does a better job for probably close on half the money.

Honestly, free up Thompson, Flanagan, TPJ and Waddells money and I believe Gus could get us 7 Preston type players with that money that would play twice as good as those 4 ..

I can’t see how k members are saying we’ll be much better in 2024 because so far all we’ve added to our current roster is Crichton & Xerri.

Until there’s a major overhaul to our forward pack and we find some tough powerful mongrel forwards nothings going to change ..

Recruitment for 2024 should be very interesting to watch …

Brian Boru

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Gus mentioned at least twice that it takes 2/3 years to clean up the cap, reading between the lines he’s saying they’ve been stuck with players on ridiculous money, big part of those have been moved on, but there’s still, Flanagan, Thompson, TPJ, probably Waddell and a few others on big money that aren’t playing anywhere near value for the money they’re earning, there’s still a lot of money wrapped up there.

The best example of the cleaning up they’ve had to do is Gus moving Cotric on who was earning $650k, Kiraz came in does a better job for probably close on half the money.

Honestly, free up Thompson, Flanagan, TPJ and Waddells money and I believe Gus could get us 7 Preston type players with that money that would play twice as good as those 4 ..

I can’t see how k members are saying we’ll be much better in 2024 because so far all we’ve added to our current roster is Crichton & Xerri.

Until there’s a major overhaul to our forward pack and we find some tough powerful mongrel forwards nothings going to change ..

Recruitment for 2024 should be very interesting to watch …
Watching the weekend's games we are so far behind in the pack it's not funny.
TPJ gets a lot of stick but he is singled out by the opposition as he is monstered because is our only forward ATM who can offload.
We have done well with no real 1, 6, 7 or 13.
We made more linebreaks and missed less tackles than the Warriors. The big pack beat us.

Take it as it is, we are doing well with nearly the worst roster (with the injuries especially) and being competitive for all but 3 games.

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He has 2 plans
1 The immediate plan 2 -3 years to rebuild the seniors squad.
2 The long term plan 5-10 years to rebuild the juniors squad and benefits from them.
That’s what I thought he was saying. He also said next year will be a much better year, also said our salary cap will finally be in order next year. Short term we have been hamstrung with injuries. We only took the first steps rebuilding the senior squad last year really. We are about 1.5 years into the 5 year plan.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
5 to 10 years to have juniors coming through consistently aka not having to pay overs in the market to recruit.

"It's up to the coach and players to get results today"

Makes you wonder what the hell the front office were doing during the Hasler years. Hasler did his part of getting results but they completely neglected development programs and set us back a decade.
Not neglected. Actively dismantled