News Jack De Bellend Megathread

Northern Beaches dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope, if the jury are not unanimous, the judge is unable to make a decision himself.

The most the judge can do is allow the jury to return an 11-1 verdict (if it would result in an outcome).

For anyone hoping for the prosecutor to give up (assuming the jury can't reach a verdict this time round), you should not hold high hopes.

In NSW, if the DPP can't get a verdict in the first trial, they are almost guaranteed to go for a second trial. This could mean Debelin can no longer afford a decent barrister, and will not be represented as well in front of the second jury.
Yep, also dont forget, he has stopped being paid as he has no contract now.

Northern Beaches dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont understand one thing.

We get told that if there is reasonable doubt then De Belin should get off. If the jury finds it say 9 out of 12 not guilty, isnt that enough reasonable double?

It feels like with the unanimous decision, that it must be a slam dunk. If it must be a slam dunk then what is this business of reasonable doubt?

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
N
I dont understand one thing.

We get told that if there is reasonable doubt then De Belin should get off. If the jury finds it say 9 out of 12 not guilty, isnt that enough reasonable double?

It feels like with the unanimous decision, that it must be a slam dunk. If it must be a slam dunk then what is this business of reasonable doubt?
Nope. The question put to each jury member is whether they believe he is guilty of each charge beyond a reasonable doubt or whether they believe the charges to not be proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

If even 2 jurors find him to be not guilty then the jury is considered hung. Generally all 12 are required to agree (either way) but in Debelins case the jury originally said they could not make a unanimous decision. The judge then allowed them to find 11-1 (if it would allow them to reach a verdict).

Also, the ‘score’ of hung juries is not published so it’s possible 10 found him not guilty and only 2 thought him guilty (or conversely that 10 thought him guilty and 2 not guilty).

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
How does the woman get into the court without anyone noticing?
Depends on each case. Sometimes a judge will close the court room to the public. In other cases the alleged victim may be allowed to give evidence remotely via video link.

In Debelin’s case the court room was open to the public and the alleged victim gave evidence in person. There are laws against publishing a sexual assault victim’s identity so if you’re in the court room during testimony, the judge generally reminds those present of their obligations.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For sure
Had 2 mates at school called out for “raping this girl”
Anyway she said they raped her at school etc etc etc, didn’t know what to believe as these 2 blokes weren’t the smartest of pricks

Police involved the whole lot

Turns out there was a camera where she said the alleged rape happen
She let both of them have sex with her and very consul according the police report as witnessed on the footage

Not a thing was done to her, nothing not even a slap on the wrist

Now she had absolutely nothing to gain from it, boys families had no money etc

But she cried rape anyway and put up a song and dance all for attention

If that camera wasn’t there those 2 dudes probably end up in juvenile then prison

She had nothing to gain from it but done it anyway
and lowlife imbeciles like that then make it worse for real victims as people already have doubts based on this sort of behaviour which seems to happen to frequently with no consequence.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
For sure
Had 2 mates at school called out for “raping this girl”
Anyway she said they raped her at school etc etc etc, didn’t know what to believe as these 2 blokes weren’t the smartest of pricks

Police involved the whole lot

Turns out there was a camera where she said the alleged rape happen
She let both of them have sex with her and very consul according the police report as witnessed on the footage

Not a thing was done to her, nothing not even a slap on the wrist

Now she had absolutely nothing to gain from it, boys families had no money etc

But she cried rape anyway and put up a song and dance all for attention

If that camera wasn’t there those 2 dudes probably end up in juvenile then prison

She had nothing to gain from it but done it anyway
Police don’t like to arrest girls for this because of the suggestion that it would mean future victims may be less likely to come forward.

It’s a stupid argument but it’s reality. A girl would have to really blatantly lie and make up information to be arrested.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This might offend some people, but since the trial began and evidence was starting to merge, it was getting clearer and clearer that she is a low life scum bag who is ruining these blokes life.

Think about it for a second his high profile and I’m sure he won’t struggle to pick up chicks for a root every weekend, also the fact is his character that he has never had anything even close to what he’s been accused of is another red flag that is honestly my opinion. But his he a Gronk and disloyal **** to his partner to cheat on her fucken oath he is. I for one can put my hand up and say I have cheated on my gf in the past when I was younger.

So what does that make me a rapist? No fuck no I’ve copped an extra 9 months jail for flogging a **** in my wing who was a sexual offender and once we got wind of it we pulled him into a 4 out cell and bashed the fuck out of him I was due to be released in 6 weeks I ended up doing an additional 9 months for an inner jail charge cause he the victim suffered substantial injuries broken ribs broken cheek bone and broken teeth and lacerations to his face and mouth. All in all it’s my opinion and ffs is they are found innocent wtf happens to the woman? She gets away with potentially ruining both these blokes life’s, she will move on and get on with it because her identity is hidden while these blokes will have to live with this for the rest of there lives while every **** in the public knows there innocent.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This might offend some people, but since the trial began and evidence was starting to merge, it was getting clearer and clearer that she is a low life scum bag who is ruining these blokes life.

Think about it for a second his high profile and I’m sure he won’t struggle to pick up chicks for a root every weekend, also the fact is his character that he has never had anything even close to what he’s been accused of is another red flag that is honestly my opinion. But his he a Gronk and disloyal c*** to his partner to cheat on her fucken oath he is. I for one can put my hand up and say I have cheated on my gf in the past when I was younger.

So what does that make me a rapist? No fuck no I’ve copped an extra 9 months jail for flogging a c*** in my wing who was a sexual offender and once we got wind of it we pulled him into a 4 out cell and bashed the fuck out of him I was due to be released in 6 weeks I ended up doing an additional 9 months for an inner jail charge cause he the victim suffered substantial injuries broken ribs broken cheek bone and broken teeth and lacerations to his face and mouth. All in all it’s my opinion and ffs is they are found innocent wtf happens to the woman? She gets away with potentially ruining both these blokes life’s, she will move on and get on with it because her identity is hidden while these blokes will have to live with this for the rest of there lives while every c*** in the public knows there innocent.
I'm far from convinced of their innocence from what I've seen reported. Supposedly the witness in the house has changed his story on the way through (to paint a better picture for the accused) but before the trial which I haven't seen talked about here. In the end we all have our different opinions on this. Even if there's no conviction, we don't know that they're innocent either. Just that the jury mightn't have felt that there is enough proof to convict. It's a sad thing really. Should be a cautionary tale for young women to not get themselves in situations where things like this might happen.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Even if there's no conviction, we don't know that they're innocent either.
Are you aware you live in a country where people are afforded the presumption of innocence.

You don’t become guilty simply because a girl accuses you of something.

Smartseal

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
also the fact is his character that he has never had anything even close to what he’s been accused of is another red flag
And yet he was out on the drink & has in fact admitted he tonked her, all the while, the very pregnant wife sits at home watching netflix (maybe) a real upstanding citizen is Jack

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And yet he was out on the drink & has in fact admitted he tonked her, all the while, the very pregnant wife sits at home watching netflix (maybe) a real upstanding citizen is Jack
It isn’t illegal to cheat on your pregnant wife/partner.

While I agree It isn’t morally right and as I said in that same post above, he cheating on his partner while she’s at home pregnant doesn’t mean he is a rapist.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cheating on his wife shouldn’t even be considered as a character reference, he’s on trial for sexual allegation, not for cheating on his pregnant wife.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Whens the verdict?
Looks like maybe not until late next year if there is a retrial. It’s mentioned again tomorrow