News Jack De Bellend Megathread

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not challenging anything you say but...

1. Is there actual proof of that and if so the context. It may have been directed at bell ends cousin only. He says the 3some was mot discussed with him and a surprise.

2. She openly admitted she didnt not yell out or violently struggle saying what could she do they were twice her weight and stature.

3.She said bellend said they weren't leaving her alone and going wherever she went, so she says she "escaped" at the first opportunity whilst they were lining up to get into the first club. I didnt see in the reports that she went to 2 clubs afterwards with them? I may be wrong.

4. The court case only mentioned her deleting a text to a friend she was going to get high with. Which she says she did to ease the trauma of her experience. I didnt hear of other texts? I may be inaccurate eith that as well.

Either way it was a dumb decision all round.

She says she left with them initially for a lift to another club but then bellend directed the taxi driver to divert to his mate's (cousin's) flat to charge their phones. She went to the toilet and he came in naked to take a shower.

I haven't heard the Defence solicitor argue against that, that she ended up in the flat surreptitiously and that wasn't part of what she agreed to.

So...??????

Who knows.
Oh mate.

I am in no way going to play a card here to suggest that he is 100% innocent. I was just going off my loose following of the events as they come. Personally, do not care for the outcome - hes a scum bag - and the fact that the judge asked the jury to put aside the moral aspects of the dilemma says alot.

However - the fact he was charged said there was enough evidence to suggest something amiss happened.

1) https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/i...m/news-story/857b10cc74c395be6364511219ddece5

Also - if she was accusing JDB of rape and not his cousin, then why was he also charged? Reading between the lines, if this was directed towards him, then shouldn't the narrative be she was open to sex with the cousin, but not JDB? But then again, it

2) Yeap, fair enough. Again, just find it strange. If she asked them to stop, and they proceed - what are your go to points from here? The fact they were loud enough for a bloke to wake up mid sleep to see what was going on might say something of the situation

3) It was my poor choice of wording. Wasn't inferring she went to 2 clubs, more so that she decided to go out with them there after, and it was at that point she "escaped".

4) Yeap, fair call. Again, loosely followed, and am going off what i've read so far.

Either way - shit situation.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
IMO he is entirely innocent of the charges. The girl's story was dodgy and parts of it were proven false with some of the evidence (e.g. her text to another guy asking him to smoke weed).

I think these charges against Deblin are a joke, and I also think the charges against Hayne are stupid too.

In the Hayne case, the girl went after him on social media randomly, then started sexting him and then asked him over at night. What did she think was gonna happen?

Admittedly her injuries are really bad, no idea how that happened, but my understanding is that the charges against him only stack up if they can prove she didn't consent. Given all the evidence which implies that she was sending pics of herself wearing next to nothing etc, that would appear to be very difficult.

No doubt both Hayne and Deblin are idiots for putting themselves in these situations, but that's not criminal.

Last edited:

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
She probably assumed she wouldn't get raped. Crazy right?
That's quite an immature conclusion to draw.

No one should expect to be raped. But on the topic of whether or not someone reasonably believe sex was going to occur, it's quite reasonable to point out whether you:

- Made the initial contact with the other person via social media
- Sent them photos of a sexual nature
- Largely engaged in conversation which was completely dominated by chat about sex
- Invited them over one evening, welcomed them into your home and took them straight to your bedroom.

Perhaps the trial will reveal some evidence which indicates that consent was not provided, but so far based on the details as presented, any one with half a brain would be skeptical of the charges put.

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I've only just read that the jury will not deliberate until Monday. I just don't understand this justice system. So many unnecessary delays. It's only taken 2 whole years from the date of the incident :rage:

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I've only just read that the jury will not deliberate until Monday. I just don't understand this justice system. So many unnecessary delays. It's only taken 2 whole years from the date of the incident :rage:
When you actually look at the breakdown of time, although it's slow, you gain an appreciation for everything that has to happen.

Also, the process was further delayed because of COVID and the justice system closing courts during lock down periods etc.

Just a few activities off the top of my head:

Arrest suspects
question suspects
appear before a magistrate on the question of bail
determine witnesses
interview witnesses formally and prepare statements
Provide brief of evidence to the defence
Provide brief of evidence at Initial hearing to determine whether evidence is sufficient to proceed
Further legalities
wait for an available court room (there is a backlog of cases that wait for an available court room and judge)
Proceed with trial

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sure, but we are here now already. I don't see why they couldn't deliberate from this afternoon through tomorrow if necessary. Though the judge says he'll give them all the time they want, the jury themselves will self-limit that time. Either they throw up their hands and say they couldn't get a majority decision, or they get a majority decision or they arrive at a speedy unanimous decision.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
She either lied or got things wrong innocently multiple times in her evidence and the ones I read about favored her case until they were revealed to be incorrect. She said she sent the text about smoking pot to help with the trauma of being raped but it wasn't true. They were on the way to the unit not leaving.
Multiple times? What other evidence was revealed to be incorrect from her except the text about the pot timeline. She admitted she was confused and got that wrong.

Making a sexual gesture is hardly giving consent or proof she asked for it.

Its all she said. They said.

Did the taxi driver remember Bellend changing the address and did she query that at the time within his earshot.

His defence still did not address this nor the fact that the other guy involved admitted he knew nothing of a 3some.

Just as a matter of interest lets say she was raped. How can a woman prove it?

This topic almost always falls back to female promiscuity, shaming, the way they dress made the guy do it, and/or the fact that they shouldn't allow themselves to be alone with a man they dont know?

I have no answers to this time immemorial problem.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
do you have a link for this?

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Its all she said. They said.
I think you've answered your own question. It is indeed she said versus he said.

In courts of law in Australia this = not guilty (assuming the jury also believes it's a case of he said versus she said).

Although worth pointing out that the George Pell case was he said versus he said and the first jury could not reach a verdict before a second trial was run and a different jury delivered a guilty verdict (despite the case being he said versus he said). An appeals court upheld the verdict until the High Court unanimously pointed out how misguided the jury verdict was, and they quashed the conviction and Pell was released.

Northern Beaches dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's a scum bag no doubt.

But there is so much wrong with her story that irks me.

1) She is caught on video footage doing the V to her lips/tongue in the middle of the club before the "rape" occurred. Universal sign for "I want to fuck you".
2) No neighbors complained of any excess noise or heard anything to suggest it happened. There was a 3rd person in the apartment who woke up, saw what was happening, and went back to sleep.
3) She went out afterwards with them like nothing happened. She did, however, eventually leave their party before joining them at the next club. If she was that repulsed, why would she voluntarily go out with them at all?
4) Deleted text messages? Why? What part of her version of events does she not want to share?

Now, there is much to also factor in which I have not taken into account. But based on the above, buyers remorse seems to be more than issue than actual rape. But if at any point she is proven to have asked to stop, then I think its game over JDB.
Yep buyers remorse to me is a big one.

Dont think they gave her TLC after it happened and they didnt give her the attention she thinks she deserved.

Its like the Hayne case.

When the woman saw that the cab was outside waiting, she told her mum that he is here only after sex and she was not going to give it to him, yet not only did she invite a stranger into her house but into her room.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I think JDB is guilty but I will respect whatever the courts decision is, those jurors got to hear all the evidence after all.

Even if he is found not guilty, he is still a super shit bloke and I do not feel sorry for him losing 2 years of his career.

Northern Beaches dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO he is entirely innocent of the charges. The girl's story was dodgy and parts of it were proven false with some of the evidence (e.g. her text to another guy asking him to smoke weed).

I think these charges against Deblin are a joke, and I also think the charges against Hayne are stupid too.

In the Hayne case, the girl went after him on social media randomly, then started sexting him and then asked him over at night. What did she think was gonna happen?

Admittedly her injuries are really bad, no idea how that happened, but my understanding is that the charges against him only stack up if they can prove she didn't consent. Given all the evidence which implies that she was sending pics of herself wearing next to nothing etc, that would appear to be very difficult.

No doubt both Hayne and Deblin are idiots for putting themselves in these situations, but that's not criminal.
Yep and when the taxi stayed she said to her mum he is only here for sex and he is not going to get it.

If that is the conclusion she came up with then why did she let him in her damn bedroom.

She also said she couldnt understand why he went after? Who wants the rapist to stay with them?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I think JDB is guilty but I will respect whatever the courts decision is, those jurors got to hear all the evidence after all.

Even if he is found not guilty, he is still a super shit bloke and I do not feel sorry for him losing 2 years of his career.
That sums it up for me as well.

Good luck to the jurors.
These cases are never easy.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Yep and when the taxi stayed she said to her mum he is only here for sex and he is not going to get it.

If that is the conclusion she came up with then why did she let him in her damn bedroom.

She also said she couldnt understand why he went after? Who wants the rapist to stay with them?
Personally I think she was hoping that Hayne was actually really interested in her as a person, and was willing to use her female charms to try and achieve it. When she realised he was just there for one thing, she took offense (which was actually probably reasonable given the physical damage done to her), and that's where everything started going pear shaped.

I'd like to hear more evidence about how the damage to her genitalia occurred. She is claiming the doctor suggested it looked like a 'bite mark' but Hayne's lawyer is suggesting it happened because of a finger nail.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I honestly just don't know what she'd gain by making this public? Her name will get destroyed no matter what as it will come out. The stress she must be under with it all.

Not saying what she's saying is true or a lie, but for me I find it difficult understanding why she'd make something like this up? She didn't get an early settlement, and it doesn't seem as though she's asked for any money from Hayne at any point so she'd be quiet.

So what's her motivation if it's she wasn't raped?
They fuck footy players and think they are special and it’s gonna lead to a relationship or something else. Then when they find out it’s/they’re not, ie when de Belin gave her 50 for the Uber and said keep it quiet and it was just a fuck , they get vengeful.
Like the Dogs Coffs Harbour incident in the early 2000s. That woman turned up to be gangbanged again the next day and Willie Mason told her to fuck off ,She got spiteful and cried rape to the police.