News Jack De Bellend Megathread

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
What may be the final report befoe the jury report.

de Bellend's lawyers are going for the old "look past the fact that our client is a dirtbag and focus on the charge at hand" strategy, which is probably his best hope I guess.

NRL star Jack de Belin was ‘morally wrong’ to cheat on partner
NRL star Jack de Belin’s lawyers have admitted in court he was ‘morally wrong’ to cheat on his partner but denied he sexually assaulted a woman.

Steve Zemek
NCA NewsWireNOVEMBER 25, 20202:51PM
NRL player Jack de Belin leaves the Wollongong Courthouse.

Lawyers for Jack de Belin have admitted that the NRL star was “morally wrong” when he cheated on his then pregnant partner but denied he sexually assaulted a woman, a court has heard.
The three-and-a-half week trial of Mr de Belin, 29, and his co-accused Callan Sinclair, 23, is set to conclude on Wednesday afternoon, with the jury expected to retire to consider its verdict.
During his closing addresses, Mr de Belin’s barrister David Campbell SC conceded that the St George Illawarra back-rower failed himself on several accounts, including that he should have been more respectful to the complainant.
Judge Andrew Haesler will address the jury on Wednesday afternoon before they consider whether Mr de Belin, 29, and his accused Callan Sinclair, 23, are guilty of five counts of aggravated sexual assault.
The woman, who was then 19, has claimed that she was raped vaginally, anally and orally by the two men in a North Wollongong unit in the early hours of December 9, 2018.
However, both men have claimed that all sex was consensual and she agreed to a threesome.
During police phone taps that were played to the court during the trial, Mr de Belin was heard confessing to his sister that the episode was a “wake-up call”.
Mr Campbell told the Wollongong District Court on Wednesday that Mr de Belin conducted himself in a manner that was “morally wrong” but said that had no bearing on the allegations.
“He knows that he cheated on his partner, he knows that,” Mr Campbell said.

“He should have been more responsible – he knows that.
“He should have been more respectful – he knows that.
“He should have been more considerate of those he was with including the complainant – he knows that.
“He should not have allowed things to progress to the point they did. In hindsight, he knows that. His family knows that. You know that.”
Jack de Belin has denied sexually assaulting a woman inside a North Wollongong apartment. Picture: NCA NewsWire / Simon Bullard.

Jack de Belin has denied sexually assaulting a woman inside a North Wollongong apartment. Picture: NCA NewsWire / Simon Bullard.Source:News Corp Australia
Mr Campbell also accused the woman, who cannot be named, of deleting text messages concerning plans to do drugs that she sent to a male friend on the morning of the alleged sexual assault.
He told the court that the messages were not on her phone when it was perused by police on the afternoon of December 9, 2018.
They were only discovered after the man gave a statement to police several days before the start of the trial.
In the messages, she told the man “when do you want to get high” after he had earlier messaged her about smoking cannabis.
Initially, she stated during her testimony that she had sent the message after the alleged sexual assault.
But she was later forced to admit that she had texted the man earlier in the morning while she was taking a tuktuk ride to the Gipps Street apartment with Mr de Belin and Mr Sinclair.
The defence said it shaped as an important piece of evidence because she initially said that during the tuktuk ride she was unable to use her phone because Mr Sinclair had grabbed her around the waist to restrict her movement and Mr de Belin had told her not to use her phone.
“The irresistible inference is that before the police had access to her telephone she had deleted messages from (the man) from her phone,” Mr Campbell said.
“She well knew about the conversations she had and that’s why she deleted them.
“It was an active act to try to conceal from the police, from the prosecution, from the defence and most importantly from (the jury) what she had been up to that night.”
Callan Sinclair has denied sexually assaulting a woman alongside NRL star Jack de Belin. Picture: NCA NewsWire / Simon Bullard.

Callan Sinclair has denied sexually assaulting a woman alongside NRL star Jack de Belin. Picture: NCA NewsWire / Simon Bullard.Source:News Corp Australia
Mr Campbell also described the actions of the former lead investigator Detective Senior Constable Shawn Adams, as “dishonest” and “unbelievable”.
During his testimony, Constable Adams was forced to admit that he wilfully lied during pre-trial legal arguments earlier in the year regarding accessing privileged legal information on Mr de Belin’s phone.
While crown prosecutor David Scully described Constable Adams’s admission as a “red herring”, Mr Campbell on Wednesday told the court he had also tried to conceal other evidence.
He said Constable Adams had failed to record his initial conversation with the complainant on December 9, 2018.
“His conduct was not only improper, in our submission it was also dishonest,” Mr Campbell said.
“His answer as to not remembering whether he made any recording in the room is simply unbelievable.
“He well knew that whatever was said in that room differed, and differed in material respects, from the end product that he and he alone generated from the complainant.”

Northern Beaches dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No way they will be gulty.
The woman lied.
She sent a text message to a guy asking if they want to get high. She then deleted the text message.
When it was brought up she said that she sent it AFTER the alleged rape because she wanted to not feel emotional or something like that after being raped where as IN FACT she texted the guy while they were on there way to the apartment BEFORE the alleged rape.
She said initially that she could not use her phone in the Tuk Tuk because De Bellins arm was around her waist and she could not get her phone.
Just lie after lie.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
No way they will be gulty.
The woman lied.
She sent a text message to a guy asking if they want to get high. She then deleted the text message.
When it was brought up she said that she sent it AFTER the alleged rape because she wanted to not feel emotional or something like that after being raped where as IN FACT she texted the guy while they were on there way to the apartment BEFORE the alleged rape.
She said initially that she could not use her phone in the Tuk Tuk because De Bellins arm was around her waist and she could not get her phone.
Just lie after lie.
So she lied about minor details? I’ve never been raped but I’m not sure how I’d react & remember fine details, particularly when high & drinking.

I wasn’t there and don’t know whether he is guilty or not. She may have made it up or maybe not. It’s a lot to go through for a bit of cash (potentially). Not in relation to this case but just in general, the thing I hate is how honest victims are treated for an offender to get off. No wonder hardly any real victims come forward.

Now I’m relation to this case, I don’t want to single people out but even here there is people asking if anyone knows her, judging her without knowing her, she’s a liar, a slut, meat to the cats etc etc. Regardless of whether a girl is the Virgin Mary or a prostitute on Canterbury road they should be treated impartiality just as the accused are forced to be under this system.
I hope justice prevails either way

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So she lied about minor details? I’ve never been raped but I’m not sure how I’d react & remember fine details, particularly when high & drinking.

I wasn’t there and don’t know whether he is guilty or not. She may have made it up or maybe not. It’s a lot to go through for a bit of cash (potentially). Not in relation to this case but just in general, the thing I hate is how honest victims are treated for an offender to get off. No wonder hardly any real victims come forward.

Now I’m relation to this case, I don’t want to single people out but even here there is people asking if anyone knows her, judging her without knowing her, she’s a liar, a slut, meat to the cats etc etc. Regardless of whether a girl is the Virgin Mary or a prostitute on Canterbury road they should be treated impartiality just as the accused are forced to be under this system.
Need the best post react for this.

Simple question: did she consent to sex? Or if sex did start, did she withdraw consent?

Answer?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Need the best post react for this.

Simple question: did she consent to sex? Or if sex did start, did she withdraw consent?

Answer?
Thanks mate. I guess only two and possible three (I’m still not convinced of Sinclair’s actual involvement for the whole duration, that sounds strange) know that answer. It’s literally flip a coin with these cases but my gut says they’ll find reasonable doubt.

Celebrities are obviously targets of false allegations but on the other hand they have advantages that the average punter re-mortgaging his house to defend himself or being forced to rely on legal aid will never have. If he did do it I hope karma finds him

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thanks mate. I guess only two and possible three (I’m still not convinced of Sinclair’s actual involvement for the whole duration, that sounds strange) know that answer. It’s literally flip a coin with these cases but my gut says they’ll find reasonable doubt.

Celebrities are obviously targets of false allegations but on the other hand they have advantages that the average punter re-mortgaging his house to defend himself or being forced to rely on legal aid will never have. If he did do it I hope karma finds him
I honestly just don't know what she'd gain by making this public? Her name will get destroyed no matter what as it will come out. The stress she must be under with it all.

Not saying what she's saying is true or a lie, but for me I find it difficult understanding why she'd make something like this up? She didn't get an early settlement, and it doesn't seem as though she's asked for any money from Hayne at any point so she'd be quiet.

So what's her motivation if it's she wasn't raped?

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I honestly just don't know what she'd gain by making this public? Her name will get destroyed no matter what as it will come out. The stress she must be under with it all.

Not saying what she's saying is true or a lie, but for me I find it difficult understanding why she'd make something like this up? She didn't get an early settlement, and it doesn't seem as though she's asked for any money from Hayne at any point so she'd be quiet.

Maybe someone just got into her head and ill advised her and she was probably just dumb enough to go with it without properly assessing how things might unfold.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

There are nut jobs out there who, just like the attention
Not saying either is telling the truth but have seen birds do some weird and nasty stuff for basically shits and giggles
Some asshole people out there, and unfortunately it’s people like us whom think “normal” that can’t understand the reason if not true.

Weird world

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Maybe someone just got into her head and ill advised her and she was probably just dumb enough to go with it without properly assessing how things might unfold.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The situation with the defence solicitor telling the Court the police officer was a corrupt liar is astounding.

That is incredible.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
ALL women know how it unfolds ol' mate.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There are nut jobs out there who, just like the attention
Not saying either is telling the truth but have seen birds do some weird and nasty stuff for basically shits and giggles
Some asshole people out there, and unfortunately it’s people like us whom think “normal” that can’t understand the reason if not true.

Weird world
Possible. Sure. I'm not saying either side is right or wrong as I really don't know. We'll see when it's gone through the courts.

A massive step to take though to bring it to court without any real intention of getting anything from it. Definitely no money involved. I'm sure she'll call witnesses and experts to testify at how this has affected her mentally and physically so I doubt she's be sitting back and loving it all.

Hope that the real truth comes out from this.

Northern Beaches dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Why did she lie?

It really shows her character.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Why did she lie?

It really shows her character.
I don’t know. Did she lie? Did she forget or get confused? Was she embarrassed? As I said I’ve never been raped so not too sure. Jack’s character isn’t looking too crash hot though is it?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

The only thing I can think of is when she didn’t get any money she had to maintain the lie but she could’ve easily just declined to continue with the complaint

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Possible. Sure. I'm not saying either side is right or wrong as I really don't know. We'll see when it's gone through the courts.

A massive step to take though to bring it to court without any real intention of getting anything from it. Definitely no money involved. I'm sure she'll call witnesses and experts to testify at how this has affected her mentally and physically so I doubt she's be sitting back and loving it all.

Hope that the real truth comes out from this.
For sure
Had 2 mates at school called out for “raping this girl”
Anyway she said they raped her at school etc etc etc, didn’t know what to believe as these 2 blokes weren’t the smartest of pricks

Police involved the whole lot

Turns out there was a camera where she said the alleged rape happen
She let both of them have sex with her and very consul according the police report as witnessed on the footage

Not a thing was done to her, nothing not even a slap on the wrist

Now she had absolutely nothing to gain from it, boys families had no money etc

But she cried rape anyway and put up a song and dance all for attention

If that camera wasn’t there those 2 dudes probably end up in juvenile then prison

She had nothing to gain from it but done it anyway

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The situation with the defence solicitor telling the Court the police officer was a corrupt liar is astounding.

That is incredible.
I don’t know if many cops are corrupt. They just seem lazy and/or incompetent and then lie to cover their tracks or to maintain their egos