News Jack De Bellend Megathread

Northern Beaches dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know of the girl.
Obviously never mention names here, but just out of curiosity.
One girl i am friends on twitter who is a massive dragons supporter claims to know of her and says "she is a real piece of work".
Anyone?

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

A friend of the woman allegedly raped by St George Illawarra NRL star Jack de Belin had a message from her saying "help" when he found his phone the afternoon following the incident, a court has heard.
Toby Nobes, who lost his phone during a drunken day out at the North Wollongong Hotel on December 8, 2018, told a NSW District Court jury that after finding the device the next afternoon he received a blank photo via social media app Snapchat with some accompanying text.
Jack de Belin outside the NSW District Court in Wollongong on Wednesday.

"It just said 'help'," Mr Nobes told the court sitting in Wollongong on Wednesday.
The trial has previously heard allegations the woman, then 19, was raped by Mr de Belin and Shellharbour Sharks rugby league player Callan Sinclair in a Wollongong apartment in the early hours of December 9 after partying with the pair and others in a nightclub.

Mr de Belin, 29, and Mr Sinclair, 23, have both pleaded not guilty to five counts each of aggravated sexual assault, claiming through their lawyers the encounter with the woman was consensual.
The court heard Mr Nobes had been in contact with the woman, who cannot be legally named, earlier in the day via Facebook Messenger, using his computer, as she was helping him find his phone.
Mr Nobes said he had been drinking heavily on December 8, and had been kicked out of the North Wollongong Hotel and regained consciousness later that evening at a nearby bus stop, realising he had lost his phone.
Under questioning by Mr de Belin's barrister David Campbell SC, Mr Nobes said he was unaware of whether or not he had communicated with her on his phone before or after receiving the 'help' photo.
The jury heard that later that day the woman sent Mr Nobes another Snapchat photo from the police station, depicting the tiled floor, but he couldn't exactly remember what the accompanying text said.

"It was like she was trying to get my attention that something was wrong, anyway," Mr Nobes told the court.

Jack de Belin says alleged victim was joking about his fame, jury hears
The jury heard Mr Nobes asked the woman what happened, with her replying, "I got raped." To this, Mr Nobes responded, "Um okay, yeah okay. By who?"
Another friend, Christopher Ninness, told the court he received a message from the woman at 2.11am on December 9 that read, "Chris I need help".
Mr Ninness said he spoke to their friend Thomas Strong, who told him that he had seen the woman, Mr de Belin and Mr Sinclair in an Uber together earlier that night.

The woman had also told Mr Strong the men he had seen her with "abused me sexually", the court previously heard.
The jury heard the woman told friends and colleagues what had happened before being encouraged to go to the police.
A friend of Mr Nobes', Matthew Morris, took a photo of a Snapchat message exchange between the woman and Mr Nobes and sent it to a group of people on Snapchat, the court heard on Wednesday.
The trial continues.

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just remember there’s a big difference between being not guilty and innocent. Not everyone can afford top barristers either
I'm sorry, but I have to pull this one up. Criminally, if you are found not guilty, you are innocent. Your presumption of innocence remains intact.

Yes, there is a difference in the court of public opinion, and I rail against that. Because... you know... opinions are like aresholes, etc. And the court of public opinion is readily manipulated.

It's also what people have taken away from the whole OJ thing. He was found not guilty of a crime and therefore his innocence remained intact. He was found "fiscally responsible" in a civil trial. People equate that of him being found guilty.. it's not the case. We all know he's guilty AF... but just that's the court of public opinion.

Speculating that De Belin is exonerated, I would feel very unsettled that obvious scumbag behaviour might be rewarded with a settlement with the NRL. But that's what the law would provision. Because the NRL are not going to challenge that innocence in a civil suit against them, should they not wish to settle. They'd just find other ways to convince the court that they were and are justified in not repairing the damage inflicted.

St. George would be in on the NRL too I would expect, as they had to keep paying wages for a player they couldn't play, But I think that would be a relatively easier thing to settle.

But let's wait for the outcome first.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but I have to pull this one up. Criminally, if you are found not guilty, you are innocent. Your presumption of innocence remains intact.

Yes, there is a difference in the court of public opinion, and I rail against that. Because... you know... opinions are like aresholes, etc. And the court of public opinion is readily manipulated.

It's also what people have taken away from the whole OJ thing. He was found not guilty of a crime and therefore his innocence remained intact. He was found "fiscally responsible" in a civil trial. People equate that of him being found guilty.. it's not the case. We all know he's guilty AF... but just that's the court of public opinion.

Speculating that De Belin is exonerated, I would feel very unsettled that obvious scumbag behaviour might be rewarded with a settlement with the NRL. But that's what the law would provision. Because the NRL are not going to challenge that innocence in a civil suit against them, should they not wish to settle. They'd just find other ways to convince the court that they were and are justified in not repairing the damage inflicted.

St. George would be in on the NRL too I would expect, as they had to keep paying wages for a player they couldn't play, But I think that would be a relatively easier thing to settle.

But let's wait for the outcome first.
If I purposely kill someone and get off on a technicality or because of a lack of evidence I still killed someone and I am not innocent, I was just found not guilty so don’t agree sorry

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If I purposely kill someone and get off on a technicality or because of a lack of evidence I still killed someone and I am not innocent, I was just found not guilty so don’t agree sorry
I'm obviously not going to convince you otherwise... our justice system is not infallible, but it so significantly a driver of our stable liberal democracy that I stand by it. Even if it means sometimes scumbags get to keep their presumption of innocence.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'm obviously not going to convince you otherwise... our justice system is not infallible, but it so significantly a driver of our stable liberal democracy that I stand by it. Even if it means sometimes scumbags get to keep their presumption of innocence.
If you asked me to expand on my initial post I would’ve explained that just because an accused gets off a sexual assault charge doesn’t mean he didn’t do it. I didn’t refer to court outcomes. If Jack raped this girl he is still a rapist, just not a convicted rapist. I do agree with you purely at law though

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I fear this f@ckin grub might get off. From what I’ve read he shouldn’t spend time behind bars.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

Graphic details. This guys a grub and deserves everything he’s copping. “Accidentally” put it in her arse. Has a pregnant missus at home but suggests a threesome with the chick. What a bloke.
100%, but if it's consensual he's not going to jail and shouldn't be banned from the NRL (morally wrong, but nothing to do with NRL, and isn't criminal). He's already copped a 2 year ban. He's ruined his family tho. I hope she doesn't stay with him because of the $.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
100%, but if it's consensual he's not going to jail and shouldn't be banned from the NRL (morally wrong, but nothing to do with NRL, and isn't criminal). He's already copped a 2 year ban. He's ruined his family tho. I hope she doesn't stay with him because of the $.
Can confirm that she is standing by him.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This will make De Belin even more of a bargain price signing.

He will most likely be proven innocent and we should sign him.